Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Need help getting rid of necromancer in ambush  (Read 6599 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Need help getting rid of necromancer in ambush
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2012, 03:29:19 pm »

Skin is heavier and has feet on elephants. Also, I showed what happens with hair earlier.
It's also skin. Which is eassssyyy to kill.
And...hair isn't? Despite the fact that arena tests had completely average, unskilled, naked dwarves scratching off hair-limbs?

Sorry, I don't buy it. I only have your hearsay. I'd at least need a post by someone else reliable, and some reason why fortress mode would skew the results more towards the hair than in arena mode before considering my results invalid. Even then, it had better be some pretty good post and reason...
How unfortunate. Then until our saviour ever shows up, you'll also have to accept I'm trying to give advice here, one that doesn't involve getting all the live Dwarves killed.
Funny, I was doing the same. Several armored dwarves should be able to survive some bog-standard zombies long enough to see a nearby necromancer, then flee.

Didn't you say earlier that they had AVERAGE stats in arena mode?
Relevance?
Relevance of arena mode and not fortress mode?

Besides, if you can't go past bruising muscle, you're not going to kill. Especially since it lacks feet!
And here comes the fallacies ::)
How is that a fallacy?

Zombies...deal with with caution.
Also, I didn't say that.
You said set the surface on fire with the express purpose to burn the necros and zombies. Seriously?
No, I didn't. This guy:
To the op, if you're unable to flood world with magma immediately as Stromko suggests, try at leas to dump one minecart of magma outside, maybe resulting grass fire will kill necros or set zombies on fire, which will destroy the corpses after you shoot them down.
did.

Do you mean cage traps?
4. set up the cage traps in the hallway and put 2 doors in on opposite sides of the hallway, and connect them with the lever, make sure they are open
I misread Step 1.

Do you mean cage traps? That could work, but I like my idea better. Weird, aren't I?

Your idea would work but you can't be shure when a vampire will come to the fortress
I was referring to the "Send armored dwarves out to zombie area until they find/confirm the elseewhereness of the necromancer, then flee."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Roonerspism

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 03:56:48 pm »

I was referring to the "Send armored dwarves out to zombie area until they find/confirm the elseewhereness of the necromancer, then flee."

i think that is a waste of dwarfs and a terrible idea
What do you get when your dwarf is a PRATT, Drinking a beer, and increadibly FAT?
Blaming his kin is a lie and a SHAME, When you know exactly what to BLAME!
(The hallucagenic mushrooms!!)
Oompa loompa, doopity dah!, If you're not wasted, you will go far!
Avoid creating night creatures too, And be spared the oompa loompa doompaties too!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 04:04:19 pm »

They won't flee, nor will the undead.
The stealthed necromancer however will. And those armoured Dwarves will die.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 04:17:53 pm »

i think that is a waste of dwarfs and a terrible idea
If the dwarves are smart and observant, it'll work!

They won't flee, nor will the undead.
The stealthed necromancer however will. And those armoured Dwarves will die.
Oh, yeah, dwarves are morons.

...OP, what kind of undead are you facing? Cow skeletons or peafowl skin or what?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 04:38:33 pm »

Pretty much. Plus the happiness bomb will either drive the survivors to insanity or make them hardened veterans.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 04:52:10 pm »

Pretty much. Plus the happiness bomb will either drive the survivors to insanity or make them hardened veterans.
I'd imagine veterans. On the wrong side, because they're idiots.
Thankfully, zombies come into the world like everything else: Naked and unarmed, and therefore unable to act much on their hatred of all living things. I think the analogy breaks down at that last part.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3]