Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Another minotaur thread :)  (Read 6157 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Another minotaur thread :)
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 11:59:00 am »

It would be a nice addition to have intelligent enemies try to pick up weapons on their own...
Anyone else think so?
Guys the minotaur has the: [HABIT:USE_ANY_MELEE_WEAPON:100] tag. It should pick something up off the ground and use it. However, now that i think about it it may only work in it's lair. Try it. Do some !!SCIENCE!!.
Embark on a lair/cave. When a minatour arrives, keep it safe/caged away. When your fortress dies, it'll automatically free itself and arm itself with the best weapon you've got. I had a minatour with a masterwork battleaxe this way, each wave of soldiers would try to overpower the minatour...
Just be glad you didn't have an artifact great axe...
It was steel... I think at least the first 4 reclaim attempts were entirely slaughtered by the minatour alone. The one that succeeded at last... Well 3 of them died and they had help from swallow men and goblin ambushers, who all promptly fought against themselves the moment the creature was gone. Minatours are a joke until they're armed... Then they become naked gods of war.

Captain Willy

• Bay Watcher
  • I like rum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 01:06:43 pm »

A little off topic, but in the next update you should be able to set up a arena and the dwarfs would come and watch and get happy thoughts.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 04:02:45 pm »

A little off topic, but in the next update you should be able to set up a arena and the dwarfs would come and watch and get happy thoughts.

Is that a suggestion or a fact?
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Captain Willy

• Bay Watcher
  • I like rum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 04:05:52 pm »

Is that a suggestion or a fact?

A suggestion, I hope I'm wrong though, that'd be great.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 04:06:36 pm »

:'(
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 06:34:12 pm »

What really... wow. U have a link for that?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.0
After downloading and installing, find "friendship" folder inside dfusion folder and file races.txt inside, remove all races except dwarves and add MINOTAUR into it.
Type in "dfusion" in dfhack console to run it and select friendship in the menu. Now all minotaurs that were on map at the moment should be controllable in a way your dwarves are.

If dfusion fails to start
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2]