Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestion on judges  (Read 1996 times)

Equinox

• Bay Watcher
  • The end is near for us all.
    • View Profile
Suggestion on judges
« on: April 27, 2013, 06:01:41 pm »

I was just wondering, what if there was a limit on the amount of Judges that appeared, say 10. Once you've killed or attacked (as in injured but not necessarily killed) all 10, the trial is put on hold for the foreseeable future, thus prolonging your character going to jail and buying you more time to get a better defence, if this person was extremely important to your cause and you didn't want to lose the person for say 10 years. The drawback would be that I'm not too sure if you can break your characters out of jail, I know you can get randoms but can you get your own men out? If not, this would be great for if you were not capable of getting your person out in that three month time period or however long it is, you can get an extension by killing/injuring all the judges and trying again.

The extensions could be in like 1/2/3 month blocks depending on which suits the balance better, as 3 more months might be too lengthy.

So in conclusion: implement being able to get your crew out of jail if they're there (maybe already available, I haven't really gone into detail with jailbreaks)
Whilst awaiting the first trial, you are moved to the courthouse, again I am not sure if you can rescue them there from the Conservative swine.
After you eliminate all the needed judges and the trial is pushed to a later date the person is then moved to the prison for holding until the new trial date and then it is your chance to strike - being able to get the person from the prison.

This will probably rack up something like ten counts of assault if not murder and breaking them out of jail too, so it'd be like sacrificing one person for someone you really want that has already been caught if you could not wait for that person to go through jail.

I just thought it might be a good idea to add to the Justice system, whether it's a good idea or not is unclear to me.

"They say the flapping wings of a single butterfly can stir a wind on the other side of the world. Ever wonder what impact your little bat wings have on this world?"

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion on judges
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 06:30:50 pm »

I had suggested an alternate solution, wherein court cases last x amount of days, during which time you have an opportunity to say, go in and tamper with the jury and/or destroy evidence to affect the final rolls for the case to be more in your favor as an alternative option to actually having to bust your guys out. But killing the judge on the case feels like it could be a good idea too, just to give you more time to get your stuff together and figure out what you're gonna do, maybe have it be a rare encounter or something where you can see the judge on your liberal's case and have them marked differently (maybe have them spawn with their actual character name instead of just Hangin' Judge). Maybe even have a threaten judge option as another alternative for the trial to be pushed in your favor, assuming the judge on the trial isn't a sleeper.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 06:44:05 pm »

Some good discussion -- I want to add a note that right now, you can use a raid to free Liberals from any of three locations:

1. The police station, shortly after their arrest.
2. The court house, in the month of their trial.
3. The prison, after their conviction.

The prison is the hardest place to break them out of.

Equinox

• Bay Watcher
  • The end is near for us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 06:56:33 pm »

Some good discussion -- I want to add a note that right now, you can use a raid to free Liberals from any of three locations:

1. The police station, shortly after their arrest.
2. The court house, in the month of their trial.
3. The prison, after their conviction.

The prison is the hardest place to break them out of.

Sorry, I had a feeling it was possible but wasn't too sure. Thanks for clearing that up.
"They say the flapping wings of a single butterfly can stir a wind on the other side of the world. Ever wonder what impact your little bat wings have on this world?"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 07:10:28 pm »

Could always be a way to run the prison truck off the road if you have a great driver and a strong sturdy car.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 07:30:40 pm »

Not really on topic, but I think the prison is the easiest. There you just have to fight guards with SMGs until the police arrive, in the police station you can run into the SWAT, in the court house you're fighting the police no matter what.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 07:45:24 pm »

Hm, could be. I was thinking about the layouts. The prison has three floors with separate lockups, each holding a different class of prisoners.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 09:05:21 pm »

Well, police station has a randomly located lockup (and you can get it moved if you force it into Closed Down), so that can be easy or difficult depending on the randomization.

I put the Courthouse lockup in a fairly tough location (plenty of locked doors, far from the starting grid, quickest way out is through an alarmed door) but theoretically that's the least dangerous in terms of opposition.

Prison lockups share the random nature of the PD but also the sentence-based leveling.  Important thing about the Prison is that Liberals there have their records cleared: springing them leaves "only" an Escaping Prison charge.