Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 90213 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)
« on: August 31, 2012, 05:36:41 am »

Liberal Crime Squad 4.06.5

Liberal Crime Squad is a satirical open-source text-based modern strategic political RPG with bad pickup lines and bad graphics. You play as the founder of a left-wing terrorist cell devoted to saving the United States from its descent into Conservative Insanity though writing to newspapers, volunteering, playing protest music, seduction, flag burning, graffiti, hacking, kidnapping, torture, murder, brainwashing, and other common and uncommon activist activities.

LCS was originally created as a side project by Tarn and Zach Adams (Bay 12 Games), the brothers behind Dwarf Fortress. They last updated the game in 2004; I picked the source code up in 2007, and in collaboration with more than a dozen programmers and writers from the community, we have managed to release intermittent updates since then.

Please note that LCS is unbalanced, unfair, unfriendly, and inappropriate. Its interface is an artifact of cancerous feature creep on top of the historically important but very old 1983 RPG Oubliette. It's also awesome, so you should download it. Any questions or suggestions about the game can be submitted in this forum, and check out the wiki for a likely out-of-date but still pretty useful reference.

Thanks to Tarn Adams for making the game, and everyone else who has contributed to the continual betterment and stability of the game!

Full Download
LCS 4.06.5 for Windows

Source Code
Spoiler: Linux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Windows (click to show/hide)

4.06.5 Changelog
- Added a warning before opening an alarmed door
- Added a limit to how many times SWAT teams can raid the bank vault on one mission
- Added a restriction on ammo sales based on gun laws
- Most messages should now be logged in an external log file
- Rebalanced body disposal so that it doesn't always result in police showing up
- Fixed a bug where you can't buy stuff in the hardware section of the department store
- Fixed a bug where your first name was sometimes using the wrong gender on character creation
- Fixed a bug where quirrelous parents always insisted otherwise when the doctors reported your sex at birth
- Fixed a bug where it could sometimes take extra time for the command hierarchy to fall apart after key people are killed
- Fixed a bug where the metal detector (not used in the game, but available to map modders) always went off
- Fixed a bug where weapons were never suspicious unless your clothes were, to the point that you could carry an AK-47 through a metal detector without being confronted

4.06.4 Changelog
- Improved map moddability
- Improved consistency in the UI; you should now be able to use enter or escape to exit almost all screens
- Swapped left/right on the Liberal Agenda screen, so left-wing policies are on the left
- Replaced Conservative Re-Education Camps with Conservative Prison Labor Camps, and added Liberal Prison Therapy
- Added KA101’s Department Store upgrade. You can buy the Desert Eagle and M249 there, if the laws are appropriate, so these are no longer truly unique. Ammo available there too.
- Reduced the chance of the police attacking each day. 1 day sieges should be less common now, and rations/safehouse improvements are much more important.
- Made starving during a siege more lethal.
- Added message when your liberals are starving during a siege.
- People now die properly when starved to death, and a message is shown
- Partially fixed "ghost sieges" where sieges didn't end properly; this should at least occur less often
- Changed fighting messages slightly. Messages should bug out onto the site map less.
- Changed starting car from the Bug to a Sports car, and made it stolen so that you can't sell it for more than $1000
- Added a screen before on-foot chases, similar to car chases
- Added logging of important gameplay messages to gamelog.txt
- Added special text message for people in wheelchairs kicking doors
- Added site mode options menu, usable to enable/disable encocuonter warnings
- Added different text for encounter warnings based on encounter size and whether squad has moved
- Fixed a bug where someone who escaped prison and then was arrested again would have their old sentence shown while in the police station or court house
- Fixed an issue where low quality or damaged bunker gear was better rather than worse
- Fixed bug where pressing Z to tab through safehouses would get stuck on the Robert E. Lee Bunker
- Fixed a crash bug related to long names when hacking
- Fixed an issue where sleepers could be promoted into leadership positions when their superior dies
- Fixed an exploit that let you move squadless Liberals out of a safehouse currently under siege
- Fixed an oversight where a squad getting subdued by police would not be reflected in the news story
- Fixed a crash bug related to a squad being subdued by police
- Fixed a problem where sleepers who were fired from their jobs would use their old workplase as a safehouse
- Fixed waiting in apartments not always producing an encounter
- Fixed hackers being charged with kidnapping
- Fixed being able to spray graffiti while in combat
- Fixed a text display error when a liberal is cornered by an angry mob after causing trouble
- Fixed a text display error after not picking a lock
- Fixed naked characters getting their "naked armor" bloody
- Fixed an issue that prevented characters from dying due to old age and drug overdose in interrogations
- Fixed an issue with tracking drug use during interrogations
- Fixed dead bodies without head or body exploding every time they are hit
- Fixed a display issue where a liberal's name didn't always appear when bluffing
- Fixed a text display error when a liberal is cornered by an angry mob after causing trouble.
- Fixed a rare crash when allocating the same vehicles to multiple squads.

4.06.3 Changelog
- Added a unique "CCS Backer List" item that can be published in a Liberal Guardian special edition
- Fixed two separate display issues with the anti-aircraft gun upgrade
- Fixed the "wait out the siege" text appearing even without a siege
- Fixed the problem where you couldn't dodge or slow down when you saw a child in the street during a car chase
- Fixed the issue where the squad activity would often overlap your money supply if you had a lot of money
- Reduced the length of some safehouse names to make it less likely that the safehouse and date would be written over by the squad activity
- Fixed the longstanding crash bug that could occur when killing police that try to arrest liberals during certain activities
- Fixed the bug where picking up loot in the bank gave you nothing
- Fixed the bug where your options for how to react to the landlord's quote on a room price overwrote the previous text without clearing it

4.06.2 Hotfix
- Fixed a crash bug with cracking the bank vault.

4.06.2 Changelog
- Added locksmithing class to the university
- Made clothing making more linear in difficulty
- Added a chance to fail to make clothing at all, if you can't even hack fourth-rate
- Added an Anti-Aircraft Gun upgrade to safehouses
- Adjusted heat to give an ongoing decay for high heat liberals
- Added heat to bank robbery
- Added two new ways to rob banks, accessible through the bank teller
- Made banks much slower to lower their security after a big raid
- Added news reporting for bank robberies
- Increased the response speed and intensity of police response to vault break-ins
- Reduced the heart threshold for talking to dogs
- Added the ability to talk to genetic monsters like dogs
- Made successful speech with one dog or monster convert all dogs or monsters in the group
- Fixed a bug related to dogs still being responsive after they turn back conservative in response to a pickup line

4.06.1 Changelog
- Added banks and vault heists! Enjoy figuring out the details, it should be pretty intuitive. Somewhat WIP; still can't rob the teller or force anyone to let you into the vault without cracking it yourself.
- New site tiles, specials, and creature classes to support banks.
- Some car chase obstacle changes that were discussed in the forums awhile back. Fruit stand flavoring, child in the street, stuff like that.
- Raids can do a lot more damage to your money if you're rich.
- Some bug fixes; most notably, the sitemaps file wasn't being used properly in the last release.

4.06.0 Changelog
- Bug fixes, crashes removed, stability
- New way to edit and load pre-made maps
- Can now see all options in the make clothing menu, even if it's way out of your league
- Added all types of body armor to the make clothing menu, including heavy body armor (listed as "Heavy Ceramic Armor")
- Made civilian body armor easier to make
- Significantly buffed SEAL Armor
- SEALs will now always spawn with M4s instead of M16s
- Once bombers are being used, standard soldiers will be replaced with Navy SEALs during raids
- Military support is now more likely in high heat police raids
- Third and fourth-rate stealthy clothing is now less stealthy
- Replaced mercenaries with Elite Security and gave them mild buffs
- New nuclear reactor map using the new map system with an on-site museum room
- New site action: smashing display cases
- Added a new security checkpoint similar to the bouncer, and usable on other maps
- Pressing the Big Red Button will have outcomes flavored as a near meltdown
- The nuclear plant now has an armory similar to the military base
- Added support for future metal detector checkpoints
- Made skilled Conservatives have different stealth and disguise detection ratings, instead of using one common rating; guard dogs will now be countered by good disguise

New Map Editing
The biggest feature of this version is that maps are now much more moddable, and it's easier for developers to add new maps. It's now possible to use the point-and-click interface of DAME to create new LCS sitemaps, and the game can load these in at runtime. I've created tiles for all the major features and icons representing every kind of unique site action possible, from jury rooms to bouncers to fluffy bunny cages, and proven the system by designing the new Nuclear Plant map.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:56:55 am by Jonathan S. Fox »

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06 (in progress, download available)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 06:15:50 am »

Fully awesome my man!
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 06:33:44 am »

Meseum room? Like a real messeum in the Nuclear Power Plant?
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 06:50:23 am »

Since 4.06 is a WiP, it would be cool if there was a way to skip the "Time Passes" screen.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 08:36:07 am »

So i was playing the old version , for the first time i was doing very well , then i looked at my juice , it was 666 , i knew it was a bad sign , so i checked the forum and BAM new version! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: it's not like i don't like it , but it interrupted my gameplay .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 08:50:54 am »

Loving the new gear, my ninja is very happy
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 08:59:10 am »

If there aren't any Mercenaries in the Corporation buildings now, should we give them their own building? A PMC HQ, perhaps.

...I wonder if the LCS would be willing to hire mercenaries?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 12:11:36 pm »

If there aren't any Mercenaries in the Corporation buildings now, should we give them their own building? A PMC HQ, perhaps.

For the greater good of course.  Though, they may be more likely to talk or find a higher bidder if you give em peanuts instead of a real paycheck...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 04:42:26 pm »

For the greater good of course.  Though, they may be more likely to talk or find a higher bidder if you give em peanuts instead of a real paycheck...

Between seduction and outright recruitment, I doubt the LCS needs to hire mercenaries.

While it seems out of character, I'd love to just throw down some cash and get highly-trained recruits.

Personally, I prefer the old system where certain factions had their own special armor.  Knowing I can get Army Body Armor only from dead soldiers and robbing the Army Base gave those activities purpose.  Continuing the theme of "Faction-Specific Armor", I'd suggest giving the LCS advanced body armor to make instead of allowing them to create all the body armor in existence.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 07:56:40 pm »

Since 4.06 is a WiP, it would be cool if there was a way to skip the "Time Passes" screen.

I added the "Time Passes" screen because the game simulates a decent amount of stuff during the passage of time, and without it the game would just freeze up for an indefinite amount of time.

Personally, I prefer the old system where certain factions had their own special armor.  Knowing I can get Army Body Armor only from dead soldiers and robbing the Army Base gave those activities purpose.  Continuing the theme of "Faction-Specific Armor", I'd suggest giving the LCS advanced body armor to make instead of allowing them to create all the body armor in existence.

Hmm. I'll consider that.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 07:57:44 pm »

Maybe we could make some clothes/armors an unlock system?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.1 (bank heists! + download available)
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 08:22:58 pm »

4.06.1 Changelog
- Added banks and vault heists! Enjoy figuring out the details, it should be pretty intuitive. Somewhat WIP; still can't rob the teller or force anyone to let you into the vault without cracking it yourself.
- New site tiles, specials, and creature classes to support banks.
- Some car chase obstacle changes that were discussed in the forums awhile back. Fruit stand flavoring, child in the street, stuff like that.
- Raids can do a lot more damage to your money if you're rich.
- Some bug fixes; most notably, the sitemaps file wasn't being used properly in the last release.

(Also, special thanks to Blomkvist on SVN; I don't know who that corresponds to on the forums, but the man is a machine when it comes to fixing bugs, large and small, and making those small quality-of-life changes that would otherwise slip through the cracks.)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 08:33:41 pm »

Woo!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 09:06:04 pm »

I honestly never thought Bank Heists would be implemented.  You are truly awesome.

Teh Barple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 11:22:37 pm »

oh my god

oh my god
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36