Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 89886 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.1 (bank heists! + download available)
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 05:48:18 am »

Bank robbery? Bank robbery?!

Forget liberalism, I'm just gonna assemble a gang of bank-robbers and blaze a trail of crime across the country. :D
It's funny that I see this today, since just yesterday I was thinking how cool it would be to have a Depression-era gangster mod for LCS...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 05:53:10 am »

This may be messed up, but since you were toying with Interigation in 4.05, maybe if you have to kill the person, or the person kills themselves, there should be a chance that the person not only losses heart/juice, but kill themselves.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 05:58:22 am »

about the suicide , i guess the liberal would think that he did it for the liberalism and continue bringing the nation on the right path .

if the liberal has -250 juice , now then he must be depressive and maybe run away from the LCS and surrender to the police because of the things that are eating his soul or maybe just do a suicide .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 06:02:38 am »

I'd like to request a small addition:

Smartphones.

PDAs are as outdated as hell, even in 2009, so smartphones are the way to go.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 08:00:08 am »

about the suicide , i guess the liberal would think that he did it for the liberalism and continue bringing the nation on the right path .

if the liberal has -250 juice , now then he must be depressive and maybe run away from the LCS and surrender to the police because of the things that are eating his soul or maybe just do a suicide .

Actually, if a liberal ever drops below -50 juice, they automatically leave the LCS.  Dunno if they commit suicide, but I remember the text being rather grim, so it's certainly imaginable.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 08:06:06 am »

i remember that my urban commando once had -90 juice or something like that , after i mistakenly killed 14liberals (including 6 children that i released from opression and i had to kill them to get better recruits) .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 08:11:40 am »

i remember that my urban commando once had -90 juice or something like that , after i mistakenly killed 14liberals (including 6 children that i released from opression and i had to kill them to get better recruits) .

And the liberal stayed?  Either the -50 juice defection only occurs at the end of the month, or it was removed in since I last saw it (it really was a long time ago, as I'd rather have the Police kill my recruits instead of my followers [I've even got a name for it: Unarmed Attack on the Police Station]).

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 08:14:58 am »

Even if they don't defect, a -50 Juice Liberal is as good as useless. The cap on all of their stats, and therefore all of their skills, is one.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 08:22:12 am »

my liberal leader went out with a liberal blow and burned down the police station with molotovs right before a hick stabbed him to death with his pitchfork .

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 09:52:48 am »

Bank heists are waaaay to easy.

There needs to be a way to release hostages though, I don't want to keep those bank managers.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 04:29:50 pm »

(Also, special thanks to Blomkvist on SVN; I don't know who that corresponds to on the forums, but the man is a machine when it comes to fixing bugs, large and small, and making those small quality-of-life changes that would otherwise slip through the cracks.)
:) Thank you.

Yannanth

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 05:07:54 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:00:45 pm by Yannanth »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS 4.06.2 Download (September 2012)
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 08:36:02 pm »

More complete bank heist mechanics, flaming rabbits once again recruitable (with enough heart), and anti-aircraft guns for people with too much money.

New Version Download
LCS 4.06.2 for Windows

Changelog
- Added locksmithing class to the university
- Made clothing making more linear in difficulty
- Added a chance to fail to make clothing at all, if you can't even hack fourth-rate
- Added an Anti-Aircraft Gun upgrade to safehouses
- Adjusted heat to give an ongoing decay for high heat liberals
- Added heat to bank robbery
- Added two new ways to rob banks, accessible through the bank teller
- Made banks much slower to lower their security after a big raid
- Added news reporting for bank robberies
- Increased the response speed and intensity of police response to vault break-ins
- Reduced the heart threshold for talking to dogs
- Added the ability to talk to genetic monsters like dogs
- Made successful speech with one dog or monster convert all dogs or monsters in the group
- Fixed a bug related to dogs still being responsive after they turn back conservative in response to a pickup line

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 08:46:55 pm »

Thanks Jonathan, you are a boss. ;D I just hope your financial situation can handle all this work on the side.

Ehh, I appreciate the support of those who sent me money this week, but I still need to get my space game released fairly soon.

I won't be working like this through the whole weekend; I run a D&D session tomorrow, so I'm going to have to set LCS aside to prepare for that. After that, I need to look at the space game. Even if money wasn't an issue, I have prior commitments to the guy I'm developing the game with. It's almost done though, so I'll have to see where things sit when it's released.

Edit: just wondering, have you looked at the Tiled Map Editor? How does it compare to DAME? I'd like to use such a tool so I don't have to reinvent the wheel with my own game and I was wondering about your opinion on it.

I haven't; a quick look at the Wiki shows it exports a much more complicated file format than I'm using for LCS maps. That makes it more powerful, though integrating would have taken longer. I'm having DAME export dirt-simple CSV (comma separated values) "spreadsheets" of tiles that look like this:

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.2 Download (Bank Heists, Sept 2012)
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 09:02:04 pm »

With Banks being robbed does this mean we are on the cusp of Money Sinks?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36