Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 89874 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)
« Reply #525 on: April 22, 2013, 10:27:10 pm »

I can go through then with a squad of six people wielding M4's and have them not go off. And its weird when a janitor at the court house waves you through one, you'd think only sleeper cops would be able to do that.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 22, 2013, 10:34:36 pm »

I can go through then with a squad of six people wielding M4's and have them not go off. And its weird when a janitor at the court house waves you through one, you'd think only sleeper cops would be able to do that.
Maybe it's the janitor from Scrubs.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #527 on: April 23, 2013, 09:04:24 am »

I will fix both of these.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 23, 2013, 09:33:21 am »

In advance, I'd like to say that when I mention a feature I am more or less wondering about whether it is possible/plausible, so take my ideas with a grain of salt.

Anyway, here's an idea: advanced combat tactics. You can turn advanced tactics on(described below), or off(everyone Zerg rushes everyone) in both the squad menu and individual menu. Squad level advanced tactics would be:
Aim for that guy
Don't shoot that guy
Keep that guy from running away
Protect that squad member
Shoot to incapacitate
Shoot to kill
Aim for the strongest
Aim for the weakest
Defend yourselves
Kamikaze (heart/juice determines if they actually follow)
And so on.

On the individual level, you could assign the above, and also:
Try to flank
Ty to act like a conservative and deliberately miss the Squad

Also, having something like a marching order would be nice. Peleron's Brilliant Rebirth, an unfinished rogue like, has a great system for that.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 23, 2013, 09:36:21 am »

Yeah, that sounds good, and of course they have a chance to miss and hit someone else if they have a low level.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 23, 2013, 10:34:13 am »

Yeah, that sounds good, and of course they have a chance to miss and hit someone else if they have a low level.
I also figure that we can reconstitute the Leadership skill to be how fast and how well your liberals follow orders.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 23, 2013, 10:47:21 am »

I also figure that we can reconstitute the Leadership skill to be how fast and how well your liberals follow orders.
Id like to see leadership like again, but not like that. I like the combat as is, but some target tweaking could be done.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 23, 2013, 05:30:47 pm »

I will fix both of these.

Didn't know there were Police/DS employed specifically at the Court House.  As for the Janitor, maybe not so much that they can wave the squad through as it is their Janitorial ability to go anywhere in the building, including the security office, and Liberally whip up the IDs the squad flashes?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 23, 2013, 08:54:10 pm »

Didn't know there were Police/DS employed specifically at the Court House.  As for the Janitor, maybe not so much that they can wave the squad through as it is their Janitorial ability to go anywhere in the building, including the security office, and Liberally whip up the IDs the squad flashes?

I think what I'll do is have it so that sleepers only show up at the checkpoint if they're the appropriate type; otherwise you still get the ID badges, but they don't meet you at the door. That way, Janitors can get you in the door, but they won't look like they're manning the checkpoint. I'll also make it so you can get away with more things when you have a sleeper actually meet you.

seth--

• Bay Watcher
  • We need a slogan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 25, 2013, 06:21:36 pm »

It would be nice to have easter egg descriptions for escaping or dodging related to every skill. I'd say it would have a chance of applying if your skill was above 20, since 20 has thus far been established as the number where LCS skills go into the impossible.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When should that happen? most (all?) of those don't apply when dodging an attack.
I am confused are you saying you changed the kidnapping so it is less... Saw?
Did Saw consist of you beating them then yelling Ronald Reagan in their face?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 25, 2013, 06:25:37 pm »

It would be nice to have easter egg descriptions for escaping or dodging related to every skill. I'd say it would have a chance of applying if your skill was above 20, since 20 has thus far been established as the number where LCS skills go into the impossible.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When should that happen? most (all?) of those don't apply when dodging an attack.

I think they fit most when escaping from police in a footchase, or as a special message that averts a footchase when police try to arrest someone for an activity.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 26, 2013, 08:22:56 pm »

Sorry to diverge from the discussion a bit, but it seems to me as though sleeper Bank Tellers cannot recruit more sleepers.

I've not had a single instance wherein a Bank Teller has recruited another sleeper, even with

-100 Juice

-95~100% effectiveness

-More than 3 years "Recruiting Sleepers."

The only thing I can think of is if every bank teller I've ever recruited has, like, 0 issues, seduction, persuasion, and related counter-stats. (Business, Law, etc.) Except none of them do.

Maybe I've just bad luck, but I wanted to speak up just in cases.

EDIT: You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.

IMMEDIATELY, and I mean less than five seconds and one (W)ait after I posted this, and one teller FINALLY recruits a conservative(!) security guard.

*Head desk* I never thought I would hate success so much.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 08:24:59 pm by Markus »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]