3 seasons
- 5 (19.2%)
1 year
- 5 (19.2%)
2 years
- 2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: so my armor smith just made a adamint high boat with one wafer  (Read 7754 times)

ranger22550

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

but its worth 792,000* so who want to guess when ill get bum-rushed siege by everyone? and is this the highest artifact i ever got the one before this was 2046* poll on time frame

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
Re: so my armor smith just made a adamint high boat with one wafer
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 09:19:43 am »

Unless you hit the circus, or are near some necromancers, I'd say you have a year or two before those sieges pop up.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 09:35:06 am »

This really belongs in DF Dwarf Mode Discussion. And if you have less than 80 dwarves, which I doubt, you'll need to wait until you do. If you don't, I'd give it a while.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 11:13:00 am »

Today my legendary +5 engraver felt the need to spend 3 wafers of candy to adorn a wooden ring...
The ring even had an image of itself on it, i dont even know how this is possible, but still its worth more than A FRIKKIN MILLION URISTS, wtf?

I can barely clear up siege-garbage before the next siege hits, now this?
I think ill just wall off my entrance and go underground... i was planning to do this when the king comes, but without migrants i wont be getting him anytime soon...
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 11:18:55 am »

Just replying to say LOL high boat :D

Does it have the tallest mast of all boats?

On topic, within a couple seasons to a year, depending on how much you've exhausted them, assuming you're already getting one.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 11:24:12 am »

You won't get sieged until 80 dwarves, except by necromancers (they seem to siege at any time). If you have over 100,000 Urists in created wealth, you may get goblin ambushes, however.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

BrisoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 12:08:49 pm »

Today my legendary +5 engraver felt the need to spend 3 wafers of candy to adorn a wooden ring...
The ring even had an image of itself on it, i dont even know how this is possible, but still its worth more than A FRIKKIN MILLION URISTS, wtf?

I think ill just wall off my entrance and go underground... i was planning to do this when the king comes, but without migrants i wont be getting him anytime soon...

If the ring has an image of itself then the image must also have an image of the ring within it. That image within the image also needs to have an image of the ring with in turn... well yeah. I'd pay a million urists to see that.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 04:26:39 pm »

If the ring has an image of itself then the image must also have an image of the ring within it. That image within the image also needs to have an image of the ring with in turn... well yeah. I'd pay a million urists to see that.

I'm going with the idea that the ring continues to get infinitely smaller, or the universe folds itself at the point the ring is at. I personally prefer the second option, because it allows for theoretical discussion upon whether it could be used as a viable power source.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

oven_baked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 05:51:48 pm »

Have you tested the boat? Being candy it should float.  :P
We just need to get Toady to embed a Lisp interpreter into DF.  Learning lambda calculus in order to play the game wouldn't make DF's learning curve much steeper.

Eldestish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 06:06:46 pm »

You WILL get sieged by migrants,I suggest a drowning chamber...

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 06:07:12 pm »

My personal favorite artifact is a slade hammer that suffered planepacked syndrome. Decorations add weight right? And the poor weaponsmith had a persistent fascination with bands of lead....

Anyway, the hammerer got his hands on it. I promptly made him the captain of the guard.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 07:08:28 pm »

I had a dorf get possessed and make a gold scepter (bah!) worth 180k (yay!) named Something something the Beards of Excellence today.  Just by virtue of it having "Beards" in the name I declare it win.

My fort is sitting at 64 dwarves...for now.

that boot sounds pretty awesome.  Don't you just love autocorrect? :D
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 10:22:40 pm »

I've had good artifacts in other fortresses, but I am currently getting useless things like bone crowns. I have excess steel, but they insist on wood and bone.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 10:29:17 pm »

As the ring gets smaller you lose detail. It's the same as having a mirror tunnel, you have an infinite number of reflections, but eventually they get small enough that details can no longer be made out.
Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

Alternatively it's just a crude drawing of a ring with the artifact's name and an arrow pointing to it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:36 pm »

As the ring gets smaller you lose detail. It's the same as having a mirror tunnel, you have an infinite number of reflections, but eventually they get small enough that details can no longer be made out.

Alternatively it's just a crude drawing of a ring with the artifact's name and an arrow pointing to it.

I'm telling you, the universe is folding.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma
Pages: [1] 2