Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Crisis Game [Registration / OOC]  (Read 731 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
The Crisis Game [Registration / OOC]
« on: January 06, 2023, 05:58:08 am »

The Crisis Game

You wake up in an unfamiliar facility with a group of strangers. All of you are wearing plain white clothes, in contrast to the dark suits and masks donned by your apparent abductors. Disarmed and disoriented, you are at their mercy. What sort of twisted games will you be subjected to, and how far will you go to try to win the freedom promised to you by these mysterious tyrants?

Hi there! This is a new roleplaying game idea I'd like to try out. Essentially the concept is, each player plays as a character who has been abducted by a cryptic organization who forces them to play sinister "games" against each other, often to the dire misfortune of the losers of the games. Player characters will have free action throughout the RP, so they are not entirely forced to do anything, however the arbiters will likely not take kindly to any sort of disobedience.

Overall this will play a bit like an RTD, where your character's actions may come with a roll to determine how successful they are. Sometimes there won't be a roll, such as when your character chooses to comply with the arbiters in doing something that doesn't require a roll, or when doing simple actions like dialogue, etc. As for how the game will end, that will be up to your characters, their choices, and luck. As a fair warning, it will be likely that many (potentially all) player characters will perish and/or have unfavorable endings as the RP continues, so keep that in mind when registering your character.

That's about it for the premise of the game. If you're interested, please submit a character sheet with the following format:

Code: [Select]
Name:
Description:
Misc info: (optional)

Note that your characters will not have any items on them, as they have already been stripped of personal belongings during the abduction / orientation process.

As for the setting and what type of character is permitted, it would be ideal to keep it to something resembling modern reality. So humans would be great, but light fantasy/sci-fi elements are okay. Something like a sentient black hole or the God of Clouds would be quite a bit too surreal. And for power levels, your character shouldn't be much more powerful than a regular human being, although mild special capabilities may be permitted as long as it's within reason. Not really looking for the group to be a full on X-Men squad.

That's pretty much everything. Let me know if you have any questions, otherwise, feel free to register! It probably won't be a very long game, but we'll have to see. Looking for at least 5 players before we start, but the more the merrier!
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: The Crisis Game [Registration / OOC]
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 07:09:31 pm »

Name: Papa Joe
Description: A hobo with long greying beard and ratty hair. Occasional scars across most of his body with unclear origin.
Misc info:
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 03:27:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 04:44:09 am »

Name: Jittery Joe
Description: A disheveled man who looks exactly like what you'd expect a drug addict to look like.
Misc info: Something
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 04:30:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2023, 05:49:36 am »

Thanks everyone for registering! Wondering if we can get a few more players before starting, as I feel this will be more interesting with more players.
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 07:05:17 am »

Hmm seems like we might not get any more peeps, so I will plan to begin this in about a day!
Ear teeth

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023, 10:03:52 am »

Yaaey my pestering worked.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2023, 01:13:18 pm »

I actually keep thinking I should join this and then not having a character idea and then forgetting.
Here, let me go with this:
Name: Tony Fieraru
Description: Who let a kid in here?! Very slight and emotionally temperamental, he'll probably die in a day or somehow inexplicably survive to the end.
Misc info: Eastern European.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Ear teeth