Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Boltaura - A First (Community Fortress)  (Read 14757 times)

ReaverAxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold!
    • View Profile
Re: Boltaura - A First (Community Fortress)
« Reply #210 on: November 10, 2012, 07:19:59 pm »

Limestone 22, 129
Citizens continue to riot in the fortress. They start fist fights, attack animals, and destroy property. On top of that more dwarves continue to go insane. One of the recruits went berserk and began to attack everyone around him. Luckily he walked into a cage trap before he could harm anyone. We are going to need migrants soon if we are to recover from this spiral downward. At the least the caravan should be here soon.

Sandstone 4, 129
We continue to lose citizens to the violence in the fortress. A few dwarves continue on to rebuild the fortress but the rest continue to fall deeper into chaos. I’ve armed myself with a suit of full Adamantine for protection and to dispense justice. The captain of the guard himself has murdered a doctor. I cannot let crimes like these go unpunished. I will show these criminals that to break the law will result in death.

Sandstone 11, 129
The citizens have lost it. The entire fortress is now in complete chaos. Dwarves are killing each other everywhere. I have no choice to abandon Boltaura. Before I am to leave I will seal the Adamantine in my vault. I must make sure no one ever knows of its existence. I must find another fortress and start over there. I’ll adopt a fake name and identity as well. No one will know that I was the ruler of the failed settlement of Boltaura. However, one day, I will return. I will reclaim Boltaura and the Adamantine sealed within her vault. I will finish the job I started. The Queen may have won this round but the war is far from over. I will have my revenge.

OOC: Well fuck. The Boltaura save game is corrupted and crashes any time I try to load. Luckily I copied the world a few hours ago to check out Neo, Kale and Card in legends. So the fort is now abandoned even though I would have liked to see it through to the end. I may come back for a reclaim later but I'd rather do a different fortress for now. Anyone have any ideas? I wanted to try and get an area that had a lot of animals that would try to raid/attack us like mandrills or something similar but I don't know what kind of area that would be.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 10, 2012, 07:30:20 pm »

So... because the three of us died and asked to see stats, the world can live on?
You're very welcome, Reaver.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 10, 2012, 07:35:27 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Coniferous_forest#Temperate_broadleaf_forests

Bears will try to drink everything you have, raccoon will try to steal your stuff, and both will try to eat everything too.

Could check out some of the smaller monkeys and bears in general, though I don't think there'd be much FUN invasions once you have a few soldiers :D

Well, unless you ends up in evil area and get bone swarms.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 10, 2012, 08:06:36 pm »

Yeah, you want that you can embark somewhere like an evil forest.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

ReaverAxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 10, 2012, 08:16:44 pm »

Yeah, you want that you can embark somewhere like an evil forest.
I'll pass on the evil part. I'd like to survive a little longer this time. I'm writing up a thread for the new for now. I'll post it as soon as its ready.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 10, 2012, 08:53:50 pm »

We can re-dwarf right?
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

ReaverAxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 10, 2012, 09:04:17 pm »

ReaverAxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 10, 2012, 09:36:14 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]