Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I want to build airships.  (Read 4161 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: I want to build airships.
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 10:50:51 am »

1.Inactivate cave-ins
2.Build an airship.
    -Extra dorf points if you include magma and kobolds.
3.? ? ?
4.Board and release the ship.
5.Reactivate cave-ins.
6.Enjoy the flight!
   -Profit
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 01:31:47 pm »

I have read on a forum somewhere about someone using a modded reaction to Forge Cows.
Those weren't creature-cows, those were vermin-cows. That was also pre-transformations, so it's now possible to create a syndrome that takes one creature and turns it into another. I'm not sure what kind of offspring two transformed creatures will produce though. A dwarf turned into a jabberer still gives dwarf meat when butchered, so the transformation is not complete in all cases.
They should be able to breed just fine, it's just that when a creature dies all transformations end, meaning that you get whatever butchery products that they would have given previously instead of the new ones.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 03:16:58 pm »

I have read on a forum somewhere about someone using a modded reaction to Forge Cows.
Those weren't creature-cows, those were vermin-cows. That was also pre-transformations, so it's now possible to create a syndrome that takes one creature and turns it into another. I'm not sure what kind of offspring two transformed creatures will produce though. A dwarf turned into a jabberer still gives dwarf meat when butchered, so the transformation is not complete in all cases.
They should be able to breed just fine, it's just that when a creature dies all transformations end, meaning that you get whatever butchery products that they would have given previously instead of the new ones.
"I'll just butcher this jabberer...OH GOD IT TURNED INTO COG!"
(glances both ways)
"Well, who will ever know the difference?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 03:22:21 pm »

Acually it was Adil. :P

That makes sense about the transformation ending, though I did end up with the amount of dwarf parts appropriated to a creature of a jabberer's size.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 10:58:55 pm »

I want to build magmaships.

I did that once. Built walls and floors deconstruct when you drop them, but casted obsidian doesnt. Make a giant ship out obsidian and drop it into the magma sea. MAGMASHIP.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 01:08:57 pm »

1.Inactivate cave-ins
2.Build an airship.
    -Extra dorf points if you include magma and kobolds.
3.? ? ?
4.Board and release the ship.
5.Reactivate cave-ins.
6.Enjoy the flight!
   -Profit
How'd I miss this thread? I chronicled my construction procedures; Just check out my signature.

I really gotta get around to making the next incarnation of it.
Pages: 1 [2]