Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What would you like to see in the new sites?  (Read 3295 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: What would you like to see in the new sites?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 07:24:18 pm »

Kobolds would retreat to a choke point. Elves would run in circles until the druid finished animating the trees and summoning the giant animals.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

cakeonslaught

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 09:20:27 pm »

I would like it if their was a designated safe zone that civilians would fall back to. For example, Humans would flee to their fortress when attacked, Goblins might go to the throne room, Dwarves would run behind traps. I have no idea what kobolds and elves would do.
I would also like this implemented in fort mode, with the player being capable of designating hidey-holes which you could order the civilians into in case of FUN.
Isn't that what burrows were designed for? Also, breaching the cavern is always a mistake.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 06:42:39 am »

For goblins, sure. Maybe humans, but not elves or kobolds and probably not dwarves. That's my interpretation of the ethics.

I'd like to see scope for meaningful variability in racial ethics.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
One possible design of multi-tile trees
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 07:27:23 am »

Code: [Select]
z-0       z-1       z-2       z-3       z-4
                     .        ...         .
                    .<.     . .X. .      .>.
 O         O       ..O..    ...O...     ..O..
 <         X        .>.     . ... .      ...
                     .        ...         .
O is the tree trunk. The dots are wooden "floor" making up the branches of the tree.
The "stairs" should actually be a rope ladder.
Add rope bridges hanging between adjacent mega-trees as well.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 03:49:07 pm »

Murphy; I'd rather have real multi-z-level trees than wooden structures resembling trees.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 04:44:08 am »

I'm curious how do you define "real" in a text-based videogame. What should these trees have / how should they look like to be considered real trees?

I did not suggest what tiles and colors to use, just how the walking space might be arranged.
Perhaps there also could be thicker trunks, with habitable hollow spaces inside.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 04:47:45 am by Murphy »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 06:52:06 am »

I wouldn't want them to be weird, anomalous structures when every other tree took up one tile.
Sig
Pages: 1 [2]