Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zombie Modding / Evil Biomes  (Read 8641 times)

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Modding / Evil Biomes
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 03:12:33 pm »

A few sentences on a rock shouldn't let you know how to immediately raise undead and not have to eat or drink anymore and live forever unaging.
It's conventionality, reading a ton of badly written sentences wouldn't contribute to a gameplay much.

Without the forearm (and the muscle and tendon to bone connections that entails) a hand wouldn't be able to exert enough grip to be dangerous (or have enough mass behind it for that matter).
You know, severed hand can't move by itself at all irl. So if it moves it must be magic, then why magic can't make it punch through plate?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 05:13:30 pm »

I think that the lack of leverage would stop hands from being much more than annoyance or encumbrance.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 06:32:14 am »

I think that the lack of leverage would stop hands from being much more than annoyance or encumbrance.

You know, severed hand cant leverage by itself at all irl. So if it leverages it must be magic, then why magic can't make it punch through plate?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 03:50:33 pm »

...The lack of leverage was my point. Hands would be ineffective. Also, why couldn't the hands turn into bears by magic?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 10:02:13 pm »

Severed hands need a nerf. Without the forearm (and the muscle and tendon to bone connections that entails) a hand wouldn't be able to exert enough grip to be dangerous
Without muscles or tendons a skeleton shouldn't be able to move. Just accept the consistency of the crazy.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 12:02:00 am »

...The lack of leverage was my point. Hands would be ineffective. Also, why couldn't the hands turn into bears by magic?

You're preaching to the converted man, my last post was a play on Di's. Which I thought was obvious...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 06:54:01 am »

Severed hands need a nerf. Without the forearm (and the muscle and tendon to bone connections that entails) a hand wouldn't be able to exert enough grip to be dangerous
Without muscles or tendons a skeleton shouldn't be able to move. Just accept the consistency of the crazy.
I think hands should be able to crawl, grasp, and maybe scratch, but I have no idea how that would be done. Maybe limiting actions if the zed lacks a part with LIMB?
Sig
Pages: 1 [2]