Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: EverSim: An all encompassing RTD: Task 1 Turn 4: BARBIE GIRL  (Read 4389 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: EverSim: An all encompassing RTD [9/12]
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 01:23:55 pm »

In.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
Re: EverSim: An all encompassing RTD [10/12]
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 02:29:49 pm »

C'mon people, just two more slots. Get them filled up before sleep has to happen!
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EverSim: An all encompassing RTD [10/12]
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 03:13:32 pm »

IN!

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EverSim: An all encompassing RTD [11/12]
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 03:31:37 pm »

One more. Eins mehr. Etc. So very close, but I'm afraid the update'll have to come in the morning. Y'all just hold on for 8 hours now.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:28:06 pm by Spaghetti7 »

Vemet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: EverSim: An all encompassing RTD [11/12]
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 05:08:26 pm »

In!

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EverSim: An all encompassing RTD [12/12]
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 01:25:10 am »

A robotic voice begins talking in your cubicle.
"You have each been sent your assigned Codename for this test. This test will require you to be in groups of 4 with a leader in each. The Institute has taken the liberty of constructing these teams. These are as follows:"

Team Alpha:
Agent C will lead
Agent D
Agent H
Agent K

Team Bravo:
Agent J will lead
Agent E
Agent I
Agent B

Team Omega:
Agent A will lead
Agent F
Agent L
Agent G

"As this is your first test, you have been assigned a simple task." You feel your bodies grow lighter, then the surroundings disappear and you feel massive g-forces as pictures flash up in your vision.
"We are sending you back to 1935, America. You will be dropped on a boat off Alcatraz Island, with nothing to assist you in the task. You are dressed in normal attire for the time.
Task: Break Al Capone out of the prison.
More information is provided in your briefing files.
Note: Each team is being transported to different alternate realities. Attempts to contact each other will fail. Points will be allocated at these times:
- Reach Capone's cell: +2 points (only for those who reach the cell, here on known as SPECIFIC)
- Leave the prison with Capone alive: +1 (SPECIFIC)
- Escape, reaching 50 metres from the island: END, +5 point bonus (Awarded to all team members, regardless of status, here on known as TEAM)
Additional:
- Al Capone's death: -1 (TEAM)
WARNING: There may be other hidden criteria. Use common sense.

Spoiler: Notes:READ (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:13:21 am by Spaghetti7 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: EverSim: An all encompassing RTD [12/12]
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 01:52:52 am »

(Damn, twelve slots and I missed all of them.  Oh well, posting to watch.)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

*The Jeopardy theme starts playing*
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, it's been long enough, time to name and shame (normally this wouldn't happen for a bit longer, but it is the first turn and all).
LAAT501legion and Vemet are being sent another PM, if they don't respond in 24 hours they'll be replaced, with Remalle first in line.

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, it's been long enough, time to name and shame (normally this wouldn't happen for a bit longer, but it is the first turn and all).
LAAT501legion and Vemet are being sent another PM, if they don't respond in 24 hours they'll be replaced, with Remalle first in line.
My bad, I had forgotten about it  :-[
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright. Well, time's up, so Vemet is out and being replaced by Remalle, with immediate effect. Sorry, but I shouldn't have to do this on the first mission.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EverSim: An all encompassing RTD: Task 1 - Busting the Capone
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 05:08:51 am »

Turn 1: Bold Paddling and Soggy Intel

Team Alpha
Quote from: Agent C
Read briefing files, distribute information to team.
[6] The documents contain what follows:
(PM'd)
You distribute this information to the team.

Quote from: Agent D
I will follow the other boat riders to the island. Then, I will suggest one other team member comes with me to the main entrance, where we will
introduce ourselves as the Federal Jail Weapon Arsenal inspectors, come to inspect the weapons.

[6] You paddle your boat over to the island, completely oblivious of anything wrong with doing this in your haste. It is only when you reach the island
and see the hostile and wary stares of guards that you realise this may have not been the best idea. Turning around to consult your team, you see
no one. Nobody else has come over to the island except...

Quote from: Agent K
Go to the island and try to locate a lone guard.
[6] Following Agent D over to the island, you dismount and walk up on to the small beach, looking for any lone guards. However, unfortunatly you
find one straight away. He is standing in front of you, pointing a pistol at your face and asking what the hell you are doing here. You have a feeling
this situation could escalate rather quickly.

Quote from: Agent H
I take stock of what's around me.
You see two of your fellows paddle off without saying a word, towards what looks like the power house on the island. You can't make out much else,
but the information given to you by your team leader includes a detailed map.

Team Bravo
(optional motovational quote from Agent B:)
Quote from: Agent B
Team Bravo Rules!

Quote from: Agent J
Search for a gun, and inspect the situation.
[6] Looking around in your little paddle boat, you search for some kind of gun. Surprisingly, you find an Enfield revolver lying right next to your feet.
As for ammo however... You find no extra clips, just a single bullet loaded. Fantastic.

Quote from: Agent E
Assist the team with anything they may need. Observe the area.
[1] Your team seems to avoid your gaze, and silence reigns out on the waves. You feel the only way to help is to maintain this. However, you do
manage to establish some of your surroundings.

Quote from: Agent I
I will go up to the front desk, and ask to see Al Capone, saying that something has come up, and that I need to discuss a new court case with him.
[3] You confidently paddle away from your team and on to the island. Despite no other boats docking there except a single prison boat once a day,
no one stops you as you stride up to the largest, most important looking building there. While walking up the long, windy path towards the large,
concrete building you think of what you're going to say. Finally deciding on an official tone just as you reach the large metal door, you swing it open
and confidently sweep inside. As the door closes behind you, you realise you may have taken a right instead of a left. This is the main cellhouse,
and you hear a voice in one of the cells ahead:
"Ah, FRESH MEAT!"

Quote from: Agent B
Scout out guard patrols to determine their routes, and the best ways to avoid them.
[2] Watching the island from your boat, you can only seem to see one pair of guards. You must be near the docks, and they walk out on to the pier,
but don't seem to move in the minutes you spend watching them. They look like they're having a rather long conversation, that isn't going to warrant
them patrolling any further.

Team Omega

Quote from: Agent A
Okay, then. Fashion a Help/Warning signal set and distribute them to the rest of the team. Then, try to find a map of the prison/island.
[2] You begin to tear up planks from your boat and break a paddle in two before you realise that this just isn't happening, and water begins to pour
in to your boat. However, you don't give up, and try to make something out of the briefing folder and files you found in your boat. After tearing most
of that up, you have succeeded in building something, but you soon realise an origami crane will not be useful. Throwing it away in disgust, you
remember that you made it out of the team's briefing files, and that they are now floating away from your boat. You quickly paddle over and pick the
crane up again, unfold it and distribute the soggy paper to the team. (PM'd)

Quote from: Agent F
Once arriving on the boat (What kind of boat?), I'd like to look for anything I could use to help me with the task. If it's a big boat meant for a large
number of people, I'll maybe try to nick one of the ropes used for mooring, a small piece of metal laying about (a fork, a butter knife, a small metal
rod), a backpack to put it all in would be most fortuitous, but a satchel would do. Maybe try to grab a flashlight if I can find one, or a crowbar in a
fire-closet. Hell, even one of those little one-use chemical fire-extinguishers would be of use. Above all else, the location of Duct Tape is paramount.
If we're in a dinghy, I mention to my team leader that we should bee on the lookout for items to help us climb walls, cut through bars, or smash
through cinder blocks. In the event that there's nothing really on said dinghy to help us complete our task, I grab a paddle and help us get closer to
the island. If all the paddles are taken, I just sit tight and enjoy the ride, scoping out the perimeter defenses of Alcatraz by squinting REALLY hard.
But not so hard as to cramp my eyes. That would suck for later...
After recieving your rather damp map from your team leader, you tell him of the items that would be useful if found. While talking to him, you look
around in your own paddle boat for anything that you could use. [3] You find some rope dangling off the back of your boat and take that, but that
seems to be all. Unless you wanted to start ripping your boat apart like your somewhat rabid team leader, this is all that you can find. With this sad
realisation, you begin to paddle towards the island, looking at defences. Aside from large watchtowers and armed guard patrols, it's everything you
would expect of a maximum security prison.

Quote from: Agent L
Take a closer look at myself, my teammates, and my surroundings.  Try to be inconspicuous.
[5] You study yourself. You are indeed dressed in typical attire, with a rather dashing suit and hat combo that you feel should definitely be kept in
pristine condition. Thinking this, you look over at your team. They are in nearly identical dress. One seems to have found a length of rope and is
beginning to move towards the island, and another has already got there and is staring intently at the ground. While you are assessing this, what
looks like your leader paddles over to you in his increasingly submarine-soon-to-be of a boat, and hands you a soggy map. The feeling of
confidence for the mission ahead you get is amazing.

Quote from: Agent G
"Air vent, anyone?"
Upon reaching the prison, get a good hand-sized stone and look for an air vent.
You say this, then paddle towards the island after being handed a damp map. You go for a section empty of buidlings [4] and no one notices you
land. You climb out and begin to search the ground for a rock, and walls for a vent. [Rock- 3 req.] [1] [Vent- 4 req.] [4]
Painfully, you fail to find any large rocks, and end up settling for a tiny, round pebble. However, you do find a single vent, around 10 feet up, that
looks like a possible entry point to, what you presume from your smudged map, is the main cellhouse.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 05:10:30 am by Spaghetti7 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((GWAH! TIMEZONES!

* Tiruin curses the temporal effects of the Earth's orbit around the Sun!

Feckin' Waitlist! :I))

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((GWAH! TIMEZONES!

* Tiruin curses the temporal effects of the Earth's orbit around the Sun!

Feckin' Waitlist! :I))
:D Alrighty.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This seems pretty cool. Waitlist, please.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4