Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Natural Selection 2 - Available for preorder on steam!  (Read 2070 times)

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Natural Selection 2 - Available for preorder on steam!
« on: September 04, 2012, 10:19:47 pm »

I have just discovered this game, and I must say it looks fantastic. The first one was a mod for Half-life 2 and encouraged from the success, they decided to make a standalone game.

Quote from: Official Site
Natural Selection 2 is an immersive, multiplayer shooter that pits aliens against humans in a strategic and action-packed struggle for survival. It seamlessly combines a shooter/FPS gameplay with a strategy (RTS) game.

The part of combining these two is what got me. When I play multiplayer games, I like when you cooperate with your team, and in a FPS? That's genius. Anyway, here is the official site:

Natural Selection 2

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Natural Selection 2 - Available for preorder on steam!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 10:21:59 pm »

I was a first impressions of it on youtube and was pretty impressed. I'm however very dubious of buying it since indie online shooters aren't always guaranteed to have a decent player base. Plus the genre is extremely niche. I would hate to buy the game at launch price and find out it's going to be as dead as Nuclear Dawn. :/ 

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 10:44:44 pm »

I was a first impressions of it on youtube and was pretty impressed. I'm however very dubious of buying it since indie online shooters aren't always guaranteed to have a decent player base. Plus the genre is extremely niche. I would hate to buy the game at launch price and find out it's going to be as dead as Nuclear Dawn. :/

You mean one of the most popular mods of HL1 turned into a stand alone? It's not going to be nuclear dawn.

eeviac

• Bay Watcher
  • Seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 10:51:48 pm »

I preordered/got into beta a year ago, and have played sporadically as they gradually ported everything over from NS1. The game is really solid. It being Natural Selection and all, I wouldn't worry about it turning into a ghost town. Heck, with the way their server list is set up, even when there were <50 people online I never had trouble getting into a decent 6v6.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 12:05:34 am »

You mean one of the most popular mods of HL1 turned into a stand alone? It's not going to be nuclear dawn.
And in case anyone is worried about mods becoming stand alone games, Killing Floor started as a UT2004 mod. It is now on steam with continued updates and is being greatly enjoyed by my friends.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 02:50:00 am »

damn, and I thought this would be some sort of evolution game :-\

Same here..  :-\

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 03:37:34 am »

I actually just preordered this 2 days ago. Not too good yet, but least its fun. Still laughing a bit at the gorge's belly slide.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 04:52:33 pm »

i have 1 free copy to give away for this, if anyone is interested PM me ( if i get more than 1 it will be randomized )
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 01:37:01 pm »

That would be Unnatural selection.

(Goddamnit, I know there's a more classic game called that, but I can't find any links to information about it. Google's first hits for it looked like anti-gay sites.)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 07:33:45 pm »

That would be Unnatural selection.

Hmm.. It dosn't seem to work for me..