n/a

n/a
- 0 (0%)
n/a
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 10, 2012, 07:56:54 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Community Aurora 4xGame: Allies & Reich in Space. Meeting the Reich at Jupiter  (Read 37931 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Community 4X Game: You Play Aurora: Allies and Reich in Space.
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2012, 03:15:05 am »

Hypothetical Mars Santa will be based on South Pole and they don't employ elves, they employ dwarves. And that kids, explain why the kids get toys and the adult goes drunk on Christmas. Mars Santa give free Dwarven Rums.
It is also will just like the old Earth... In Late PreCambrian time (600M year ago) when all our continent (Supercontinent Rodinia) are in Southern Hemisphere...

And thus, the only sane vote became: MARS!

I need me some Dwarven Rum!  And FREE you say!  I hereby volunteer to head the Martian Self-Defense Force!

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of his mispronunciation and malapropism
    • View Profile
Allied Nations: WELCOME 2004. Directorate Briefing.
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2012, 12:29:48 pm »

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DISCLAIMER: Any resemblance to real people is purely incidental. Please don't cease and desist this LP...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 January 2004.
    00.00 AM ACT (Atlantic Central Time).
    1 km underground somewhere in AREA SE-733 Mid-Western United States.
    Central Secret Office of Allied Directorate.

Head of ASA:
"Good night gentlemen, first we want congratulate you for your sudden recent promotions to the Directorate. As you know several days ago all members of the previous Directorate was killed when the Shuttle Freedom that carrying them explode on Low Earth Orbit atop Europe after failed atmospheric reentry. We still don't know whether this is a pure accidents or a result of foul play. We see that the Assembly still not elected new leaders for ANFA and ANMoT. Still it can't be helped. As emergency protocol, ANEA will take the ANMoT duty, and ANSEC will take ANFA duty. This is only temporary measure of course until the Assembly assign new head for ANFA and ANMoT.
Oh I forgot my courtesy, let me formally introduce myself. My name is George River, Head of Allied Security Agency, your Military Adviser. I will keep you update with the latest military related information. And yes sir, my subordinates think my face resemble some Hollywood movie star. Believe me sir, that just coincidence. Now, let me introduce the rest of Advisory Board members, sir."
Allied State Secretary:
"My name is Park Eun-Jae, Sir. Allied State Secretary. I am your Economy, Industry and Colonial Adviser. Seems too much? Well, I'll give you latest economy and industry report and any relevant domestic news and you sir give directions so I can pass it to relevant departments. It is always a honor working with the Directorates."
ARLaN Chief:
"Hmm... My name is Jacques Gerrade, Chief of Allied Research Laboratories Network, I'm the Science Adviser or so what they say, I don't give a damn. Still it is my job to give you gentlemen the latest update about our latest invention and latest technological breakthrough through latest available means of communication. I hope you didn't ended like our latest Directorate boss..."
ADC Head:
"My name John Howard, the Head of Allied Diplomatic Corps, sir. I'll be your Diplomatic and Foreign Relation Adviser. I'll give you any relevant foreign news and any major update about Reich and other nation. You can count on me sir, they can't move an arm or legs without my knowing."

Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, please read our latest Colony report per 1 January 2004. As you can see we didn't had any new production task yet since the late ANSA head died. We had currently 1/4 way in converting the Conventional Industries in TN-tech Installations. Our factories currently had annual production output rate equivalent with 8.000 CP, while the Ordnance and Fighter Factories each had annual production output rate equivalent with 750 CP. Our fuel refineries can refine 5.000.000 litre Liquefied Sorium Fuel. I need new production direction from you sir. Especially what installation that we must build. I suggest we continue our CI conversion to TN-based Industries and building couple of new Shipyards to expand our influence on space.
I attached a document to show what kind of installation we can build right now."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ASA Head:
"Sir, since we now had Ordnance and Fighter factories we can produce missiles and small crafts. But we need new missile design and fighters."

Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, this is our current mining production and presumed minera reserve and accesbility, as you can see there are very low Corundium level on Earth, if we need more Corundium we can buy it from East China or the UNAC. But I suggest we find other corundium deposit outside Earth. We also need to find new source of Mercassium and Tritanium before it run out. Hopefully there will be enough deposit in Sol Systems."
The mineral general function and properties:

ASA HEad:
"I'll take it from here Ms. Park. Sir, this is our Shipyard status. At this moment we had 4 shipyard complex. Two are equipped with equipments to construct military grade ships, while the other two are more geared to build civilian crewed ships.
Sir currently, we need direction and instruction about which ship and how many that we must construct and what shipyard retooled to what ship class or if the ANSEC think we need more slipyard. To do so Sir, we need your approved ship blueprints before we can construct anything.
(The normal idle Shipyard task if no instruction given to me is Continual Capacity Expansion)
Our Ground Army had 30 Divisions of Conventional Armed Infantry (1st LTI Division until 30th LTI Division), 20 Divisions of Conventional Armoured Fighting Vehicles (41th LTA Division until 60th LTA Division), 2 Engineer Regiment (61th to 62th ENG Regiment) equipped with Gauss Carbine, and 8 Garrison Geared Battalion (63rd-70th GAR Battalion) wielding Heavy Gauss Machinecannon, and lastly 2 Volunteer Militia Battallion that ready to battle if needed by Army.
On Earth we had 50 old ICBM Missile Complexes. Here are the Missile Complex data sir.
Code: [Select]
Missile Complex class ICBM Launch Base    13,900 tons     212 Crew     366.4 BP      TCS 278  TH 0  EM 0
Armour 5-51     Sensors 1/0     Damage Control Rating 0     PPV 240
Magazine 240   

ICBM Silo (10)    Missile Size 24    Rate of Fire 43200
ICBM Launch Control (1)     Range 50k km    Resolution 50
Conventional ICBM (10)  Speed: 10 km/s   End: 16.7m    Range: 0.1m km   WH: 6    Size: 24    TH: 0 / 0 / 0

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Planetary Defence Centre and can be pre-fabricated in 6 sections
"40 of our Missile Complexes are still equipped with 400 60KTon Tactical Nuclear Warhead ICBM. While 10 of them (Codename: Missile Compex 001-010) are equipped with 100 brand new TN-tech GDPB-001 Peacekeeper MIRV that designed to overwhelm enemy defenses with missile saturation. Here are the quick missile overview"
GDPB-001 Peacekeeper MIRV
Missile Size: 24 MSP  (1.2 HS)     Warhead: 0    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 10
Speed: 6100 km/s    Endurance: 2 minutes   Range: 0.7m km
Cost Per Missile: 10.6717
Second Stage: FDPN 001A Peacekeeper MIRV Warhead x18
Second Stage Separation Range: 100,000 km
Overall Endurance: 3 minutes   Overall Range: 1.6m km
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 61%   3k km/s 20%   5k km/s 12.2%   10k km/s 6.1%
FDPN 001A Peacekeeper MIRV Warhead
Missile Size: 1 MSP  (0.05 HS)     Warhead: 1    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 10
Speed: 12400 km/s    Endurance: 1 minutes   Range: 0.9m km
Cost Per Missile: 0.4563
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 124%   3k km/s 40%   5k km/s 24.8%   10k km/s 12.4%
"Each Peacekeeper Warhead had 10KTon Nuclear Explosion. One Peacekeeper MIRV thus had 180kTon damage potential, 3 times more powerful than conventional ICBM and more cost effective (ICBM: 5; MIRV: 10.68). We still have 100 ICBM and 50 more MIRV on storage."

NEXT UPDATE:
Research, Teams, and Allied Intelligence status of Reich, West China, East China and UNAC domestic data and military capabilities. Also your In-game character show-off...

YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR SHIP DESIGN and THE SHIP COMPONENTS, it is a great opportunity for those who still new to test their skills and knowedge. If nobody submit ship design. I'll design some of the ships (in-game: civilian corporation compete to got government contract) and you can act as a govt committee.

ANSEC, ANEA, and ANSA can now make their own program... ANFA and ANMot position still opened...

Let's make our Missile Designation System:
ALLIED NATION MISSILE DESIGNATION PROPOSAL 1:
"Launch Platform"-"Sensor Capabilities"-"Missile Target"-"Missile Type" "Designation Numbers" "Designation Name"
Launch Platform:
F: Bus-Based (Mine or Drone)
G: Ground-Based (PDC)
S: VoidShips
X: Unknown (for enemy missile)

Sensor Capabilities:
D: Dumb Missile (no sensor)
G: GeoSurvey Sensor
R: GravSurvey Sensor
A: Active Sensor
E: EM Sensor
T: Thermal Sensor
C: Sensor Combo/Mixed Sensor
X: Unknown (for enemy missile)

Target:
P: Planet or other stationary space bodies. (for Anti-Planet Missile)
M: Missile (for Anti-Missile Missile)
H: VoidShip (for Anti-Ship Missile)

Type:
N: Normal Missile.
B: Bus-type Missile or Drone (moving).
I: Mine-type Missile.
Y: Unarmed Buoy or Sensor Missile.

Designation Number: X1-X2X3
X1: Nations Identifier. 0: Allied, 1: Reich, 2: UNAC, 3: China State, 4: Hypothetical Alien.
X2X3: Missile Identifier

So GDPB 001 Peacekeeper MIRV means: Ground-launched, no sensor missile, that target planet, and was a Bus (carrying another missiles).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:32:47 pm by Aboth Ber »
Aurora Community Game: Allies and Reich in Space. :
Year 2004: Reich in Jupiter. Now what?

Only You can help the Allies conquer the stars! For Freedom and Capitalism!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2012, 06:15:39 pm »

I'll temporarily assume the open ANFA position, at least until you get me something to fly, primarily because I love the irony of your portrait choice.  Needless to say, I'll insist on the ADC Head negotiating with The Reich personally and constantly.   :P

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2012, 08:12:56 pm »

Submission to the Allied State Secretary:
      Some industry should be put to building a new Naval shipyard as well as add another slipway to Circle Crop.  We may need more mass drivers, depending on if we decide whether to have our off-planet minerals delivered express or carried by freighters.

Also, submitting a design for a quick and dirty versatile survey craft:

Spoiler: Huon Class Corvette (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Artist's Impression (click to show/hide)

Provisional Captain Darkening Kaos.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2012, 10:04:03 pm »

Interesting, I'll look forward to seeing what exactly is available for research and then if anyone has any requests I can start working on those. Also, Kaos your artist's impression of your corvette is not working.

I am claiming purple to be the official voice color of the Science Division.
Grand Administrator Cain - ANSA - SCIENCE in you.

-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2012, 12:00:00 am »

Gentlemen(and Women)-
I'm pleased to see that the period of immediate crisis is over. First, I'd like to claim green as the default ANEA color. Second, and more importantly, we need to beat the Germans to Mars, and if possible other habitable objects such as Titan. We can let the get Venus, but we can't let them force a war. In order to accomplish this, we will need cargo and colony ships. As it is not my forte designing ships, I'll have to request a ship of there specifications-a 10000 ton colony ship that can hold 20000 colonists and has reasonable range, and a cargo ship that can hold 15-20000 tons of cargo that is only 25000 tons and has reasonable range. To my knowledge, we currently lack any civilan vessels, so fortunately my workload won't increase much. Could I ask the head of ASA to present me a detailed chart of expenses/income both before and after our new expenses(Am I in charge of ordering the installations, or is that the individual branches who do that?)

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2012, 02:34:40 am »

I'll temporarily assume the open ANFA position, at least until you get me something to fly, primarily because I love the irony of your portrait choice.  Needless to say, I'll insist on the ADC Head negotiating with The Reich personally and constantly.   :P

Allied State Secretary:
"Your request had been forwarded to General Assembly and it accepted by majority. Hereby with the power bestowed by General Assembly and people of Allied Nations, we appoint Captain Jack Euchre of AN Space Navy as acting ANFA Office Head until further notice. Also don't forget to take your brand new Ford Rapier VTOL-Car outside your new office, drive carefully sir."

ADC Head:
Order acknowledge... Let's see if the Reich pleased with our Housepitality...

Submission to the Allied State Secretary:
      Some industry should be put to building a new Naval shipyard as well as add another slipway to Circle Crop.  We may need more mass drivers, depending on if we decide whether to have our off-planet minerals delivered express or carried by freighters.
Also, submitting a design for a quick and dirty versatile survey craft.

Allied State Secretary:
"Your suggestion will be forwarded to Head of ANEA. As for your submission, it had been forwarded to ANSA for feasibility study."

ARLaN Chief:
"Captain Kaos regarding about your submission design, we at ARLaN think that although your design was indeed versatile, we should make separate survey ship. Nevertheless here are the result of ARLaN feasibility study.
We named this new design as Project ALICE (ALLIed  CorvettE).
We think that the ship speed should be above 1.000 km/s, so we add another engine. As your sensor design are based on EM and Thermal Sensitivity 5 when we had EM and Thermal sensitivity 6 we make little adjustment. Also Plasma Carronade had very limited capabilities against Missiles, if the Survey Corvette are meant to had limited capabilities against enemy ships the ship active sensor are very short. If the Corvette ship are meant to had limited anti-missile and anti-ship capabilities we propose to use Gauss Cannon. If it meant to as proper warship, the armor are too thin, and the ship speed was not very fast. We afraid the ship cannot fight proper Reich warships."

Head of ASA:
"I agree with ARLaN Chief assessments, we should make a separate surveyship and warship although generaist approach may had interesting possibilities and roles at our future space exploration. But the final decision lies on head of ANSEC to decide which ship design suits our space doctrine better."
(Remember that we can build Gauss Cannon an excellent anti-Missile PD weapon, Microwave that can destroy enemy electronics, and Plasma Carronade a Purely Anti-Ship Weapon with limited Anti-Missile Capabilities)."

Interesting, I'll look forward to seeing what exactly is available for research and then if anyone has any requests I can start working on those. Also, Kaos your artist's impression of your corvette is not working.

I am claiming purple to be the official voice color of the Science Division.
Grand Administrator Cain - ANSA - SCIENCE in you.

-J-

ARLaN Chief:
"Yes sir, we already re-paint our laboratories and offices with purple color we even start synthesizing purple colored beer for your welcoming party at Europe Branch. As for your question, I still preparing the report about new technology field that can be researched at our laboratories, some lab assistant accidentally torched the old report when he testing the new Plasma Carronade"

Gentlemen(and Women)-
I'm pleased to see that the period of immediate crisis is over. First, I'd like to claim green as the default ANEA color. Second, and more importantly, we need to beat the Germans to Mars, and if possible other habitable objects such as Titan. We can let the get Venus, but we can't let them force a war. In order to accomplish this, we will need cargo and colony ships. As it is not my forte designing ships, I'll have to request a ship of there specifications-a 10000 ton colony ship that can hold 20000 colonists and has reasonable range, and a cargo ship that can hold 15-20000 tons of cargo that is only 25000 tons and has reasonable range. To my knowledge, we currently lack any civilan vessels, so fortunately my workload won't increase much. Could I ask the head of ASA to present me a detailed chart of expenses/income both before and after our new expenses(Am I in charge of ordering the installations, or is that the individual branches who do that?)

Allied State Secretary:
The Military Shipyards are under ANSEC jurisdiction, while Commercial Shipyard are under join ANSEC-ANEA administration. Currently we had no expenses sir as we currently didn't build anything, except that we use 2.500 ton Sorium per year to produce 5 million litres LSF (Liquified Sorium-based Fuel), but I will always prepare the monthly economic report. We currently had 80.000 Million Dollar in reserve. We estimated that our income is 117 Million Dollar in Tax per day.
And for your second question: yes sir, you are in charge to decide what kind of installation we should construct. So what are your instruction sir?
We still had 3000 Conventional Industries that can be converted. And let me remind you sir that Corundium situation on Earth are very dire, we estiimated that in less than 20 years all Corundium deposit on Earth will be exhausted. And remember sir that we are not the only one that extract Corundium from earth core.
As for the design sir, representatives from Boeing and Lockheed-Martin come with these proposal."

:
"Good evening Gentlemen, we at Boeing with almost 40 year experience with Spaceship and commercial passenger plane design, proudly present our latest addition in voidship design repositories. First we present the 10.000 ton Colony Ship: the Starwagon.
We hoped the new Starwagons can take our passengers to the new Space Frontier. With Boeing. Forever New Frontiers."

:
"As human reach new planets as their new home, they need infrastructures, factories, and raw material to build their new home, but normal cargo ships are not sufficient and not cost-efficient, So We at Lockheed Corporation design a new paradigm of Cargo Transportation to the vastness of Space. We introduce you to our 25.000 ton Cargo Ship.
With the new Cargo Handing Systems, we can unload and load 15.000 ton equivalent cargo under 15 hours. Five Rolls-Royce engine make sure that the Freighter had sufficient speed to reach their designations. Lockheed, Opening New Possibilities."

I still preparing the rest of Allied report while microing things. I'll update later tonight (GMT+7), evening (US Timezones).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 02:42:47 am by Aboth Ber »

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2012, 09:24:25 am »

Oh yeah, to clarify, I wanted to be the dude who controls the shipping department.

To Lockheed and Boeing:
These are good designs you have submitted, but a Defence mechanism is required. CIWS should be added to ensure their safety.

To Science Dude:
We need a lightweight CIWS to slap on civilian ships. Make it happen.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2012, 11:13:01 am »

re: Captain Drakening Kaos
Thank you for your suggestions. At this time, there are no plans to build a shipyard due to their being no stockpiled minerals currently. As you will see shortly, my priorty for the moment is converting all convential industry to TranNewtonian levels. Even doing that will stretch our mining capacity to the limit as you will soon see. Before I go into the proposed expansion plan, I would like to point out to the new head of Transportation(Kingfisher)that CIWS would have to be very compressed. At our current tech level, this may prove impractical. It would be better to have some of the new corvettes escort the civilian ships. Now, on to the important stuff.

The proposed budget is simple for now-use half of our industry for converting 500 CI to Constuction Factories, and the other half for converting 500 CI to mines.
Our departments reasoning for this is that construction capacity and mining capacity is the two largest issues holding back full growth. By our calculations, this would increase our mining ablity by 72%, from 5500 tons to 9500 tons, while our BP's would increase 50% from 8000BP annually to 12000BP annually. This will hopefully allow for the growth of our mineral stockpiles so we can start building ships.

To Lockheed and Boeing-your designs look good, but could I have have an estimated cost in minerals? We'd like to start construction, but we have to make sure that building these will not hold back the mines.

To ARLaN- Would it be possible for you guys to look into increased mine production or increased construction ability? Both would be great, but I understand that you're hardpressed right now.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:21:18 am by wsoxfan »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2012, 10:16:10 pm »

ARLaN Chief:
We named this new design as Project ALICE (ALLIed  CorvettE).
We think that the ship speed should be above 1.000 km/s, so we add another engine."

Why does it need to go fast?  This ship's purpose is not to sprint, but to be part of a marathon, doubling the engines burns through the fuel twice as fast reducing the mission time from 27 months to 14 - true it goes faster but isn't as capable as it was.
As your sensor design are based on EM and Thermal Sensitivity 5 when we had EM and Thermal sensitivity 6 we make little adjustment.
I will have my adjutant put on report for not keeping my database up to date.
Also Plasma Carronade had very limited capabilities against Missiles, if the Survey Corvette are meant to had limited capabilities against enemy ships the ship active sensor are very short.
As this ship is meant for deep space activities in a semi-autonomous and independent role, it is highly unlikely that it will meet anything other than a survey or scout ship, performing the same tasks.  The role of the weapons is purely defensive and should only be used in an attempt to disable anyone 'jumping our claim'.  Additionally, the sensor system I specified had the capacity of 1 million kilometres, while the lowest bidder counter-offered with one at 1.1 million kms - I believe this might be another attempt by a Reich sympathiser to disable or delay this project by wrapping it up in layers of pointless red tape.
If the Corvette ship are meant to had limited anti-missile and anti-ship capabilities we propose to use Gauss Cannon. If it meant to as proper warship, the armor are too thin, and the ship speed was not very fast. We afraid the ship cannot fight proper Reich warships."
....And is never intended to stick it out in a toe-to-toe battle with 'proper' Reich warships.
Head of ASA:
"I agree with ARLaN Chief assessments, we should make a separate surveyship and warship although generaist approach may had interesting possibilities and roles at our future space exploration. But the final decision lies on head of ANSEC to decide which ship design suits our space doctrine better."
As designed, the ALICE prototype is a flying death-trap and would not likely survive a standard 'break orbit' maneouvre, please make it mandatory for all crew on the ALICE to fill out their wills; farewell their friends, family and other loved ones; and to have a pre-emptive wake in their own honour.  It is my belief that you should investigate the 'lowest bidder' that designed the power plant to discover if they have any Reich sympathies or infiltrators.  Making a ship twice as likely to blow up if it takes any damage - for instance from a 10-year old with a slingshot firing glass beads at the hull - is not likely to inspire any confidence amongst the naval rank and file.  That layer of cling-wrap you find on the power-plant when it is delivered is not part of the packaging, that is its armour and main structural component.

Respectfully,

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Allied Nations: WELCOME 2004. Directorate Briefing 2.
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2012, 12:02:54 pm »

Sorry Mates... Some real world duty keeps me out from the my home computer, My ISP was down, damn you third world communication operators... But now I thankfully can do some major post again...

MAJOR UPDATE
______________________________________________________________________________________

ARLaN Chief:
"Sir let me brief you about our Research status. Currently we had 30 university and private research laboratories networks, with research capacity equal to 6.000 RP per year. After we researched the last techs we didn't had anything to do. It will tremendously useful if you can give some research priorities guidelines, lest some lab assistant and grad students will start synthesizing some useless magic mushroom crystals using govt money.
Oh yeah, here are the document. Sorry for the coffee stain, I kinda forget that these papers are not tissue.
List of previously researched techs:

Tech that we can research right now:

Allied Nations had 30 top world scientist in various field that were employed as Chief Researcher in 6 major TransNewtonian Field:

Head of ASA:
"Sir, we had 2 currently idle Ground Force Training Facilities. We can retrain our old pre-TN Infantries into 2 type of TN Battalions:
Engineer Brigade : ATT 0, DEF 5. Size: 25. Training Cost: $150M, 37,5 Duranium, Neutronium 112,5. Training Time: 1 year 6 Month. 1 Year 2 months 12 days if trained from existing pre-TN Infantry Division.
Garrison Battaion : ATT 0, DEF 10. Size: 5. Training COst: $60M, 15 Duanium, 45 Neutronium. Training time: 7 months 12 days. 2 months 12 days if trained from existing pre-TN Infantry Division.
We also can also train Millitia that can act as Replacement for our Ground Forces. ATT: 0. Def: 0.5. Size: 5. Training Cost: $40M. 10 Duranium, 30 Neutronium. Training time: 2 months 12 days.
What should we do sir? We can train additional Engineer for Mars Ruins Exporation Project, or we can train additional Garisson for defense purpose."

Allied State Secretary:
"Sir currently we can organize our officers to command specialized team. An Espionage team to gather intelligence of other state, a dedicated diplomatic team to mend our relations with other nations, a gesurvey team to locate additional TransNewtonian deposit and Xenoarcheology team that had been trained extensively in various Archeology and Linguistics to decipher whatever ruins that we can found on Mars or Venus.
Here are the candidates that can be assigned to Espionage team: (ingame mechanics: steal various tech blueprints, starmaps, others. Metagame mechanics: Give you general army intel, ship positions and others)

Please note that: Captain Donovan Birdsley currently not available as he is the Fighter Opeation Officer of Allied Central Fleet Command (ACFC) Task Force HQ.

Here are the candidates that can be assigned to Diplomatic team: (ingame mechanics: Make the other empire more nice to you, Metagame mechanics: allow you to make and formalize treaties with the Reich, UNACs, and other SM (me) controlled Race)

Please note that: Captain Christelle Conrad our Public Relations Officer of ACMC HQ, and Captain Andrew Keleher are Logistic Officer of ACFC HQ.

Here are the candidates that can be assigned to Survey team:

Please note that Rear Admiral Carlton Mantermach is the Commander of ACFC HQ. Flag Captain is the Survey Operations Officer on ACFC HQ. Flag Captain Rhonda Beidlemen is the Intelligence Ops Officer in ACFC HQ.

Here are the candidates that can be assigned to Xenoarcheology team:

Surprised sir? Since the scientists found those ruins back in 1980s a lot of us started to study Xenoarcheology hoped to go to Mars or Venus so it is not a strange thing a lot of our officers seems very fond with Alien Civilizations.
Please note that: Captain Valerie Langlois is the Operations Officer at ACFC HQ. Captain Donovan Birdsey is The Fighter Ops. at ACFC HQ.
It is also should be noted that Dr. Manfryd Koch personally asked permission to participate on Xenoarcheological Exploration on Mars.
Sir, please choose the most appropriate officers so we can start creating the team and organized the needed human resources to the teams."

ADC Head:
"Sir I suggested to send our Espionage and Diplomatic Team to Reich to gather intels and start throwing political rhetoric, so we can make sure Reich keep their grubby hand on Venus and stay away from Mars. Also we need to send our xenos team to Mars as soon as we ready before the Reich think we didn't interested on Mars. Right now we still discussing a new treaty with Reich about the Venus-Mars claim, so we need specialized Diplomatic Team."

Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, as the Allied Nations territories are so vast, we also need to appoint Head Administrator of Earth to help us administrate and enforcing our multinational policies. There also empty positions for Head Administrator of Moon, and Colonial Governor of Mars Territories, although these positions currently only served as ceremonial positions since we didn't had real colonies on Moon and Mars. I attached the relevant Civilian Administrator (CA) that can be appointed.
Please note that Earth need CA with rating at least 5. Both Moon and Mars can go with CA rating 1.

We suggest Mr. Rez to be appointed by the Directorate as Head Administrator of Earth, as he is the only one CA with ratings above 5 that had mining expertise, that we currently needed. While anyone can be appointed as HA for Luna and Mars CG to train their administrative skills."

"Sir this is our current economy report. We currently had 80.000M Dollar in reserve. Our current population gives 20$ per person each year so we estimated to get $ 42.000M in tax income this year. We shouldn't worried about spending for some time."

"I also want to report about our Altken Lunar Research Base in Farside Lunar South Pole. We got 5 prototype automine working and a small Deep Space Telescope Observatory (symbolized ingame as DSTS) with 2.000 staffs reside in base that supported by 2500 ton life support infrastructures (2 Inf). As per Moon Treaty, Reich also had similar base around Peary Crater on Lunar North Pole, UNAC also show announce their intention to establish underground lunar colony before 2010 on Lava Tubes around Mare Serenitatis. We currently had 125.000 ton various infrastructure (100 Inf) on Earth that can be transported to moon to expand the Lunar Base into a small domed town around Shackleton Crater or Shoemaker Crater.

Head of ASA:
"Sir, this is the report regarding our Allied Central Fleet Command Task Force Headquarters. Currently commanded by Rear Admiral Carlton Manternach, veteran of Third Arab War. His current staff Officer as follows:
Captain Valerie Langois as the head of Fleet Operations, Flag Captain Rhonda Beidlerman as head of Fleet Intelligence, Fag Captain Rory Belvin as head of Fleet Communications, Flag Captain Rosa Heidkamp as head of Fleet Survey, Captain Christelle Conrad as the head of Fleer Public Affairs and Spokesperson, Captain Andrew keleher that lead Fleet Logistics and Captain Donovan Birdsey as the head of Fighter Operations. Currently ACFC HQ are located on Cape Canaveral Spaceport in Earth."

INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM CAPE CANAVERAL ACMC HQ:
:
"Sir this is Rosa Heidkamp of ACFC Survey Operations. As requested by Allied State Secretary regarding planetary geosurvey results. Here is our solar system data summaries:
Here are the data about the Inner System Survey that was conducted last year:
We didn't find anything useful on Deimos and Phobos. The Allied Survey and Astrography Bureau (ASAB) suggest we started surveying the Outer Planets System and the Inner Asteroid Belt as soon as its convenience."
TRANSMISSION ENDED.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Tomorrow Hopefully Update: Known Reich Ships Design (the Reich like to show off), Known UNAC military capabilities and ship design (UNAC had small shuttle crafts), and the Two China situation. Also some background treaties: Treaty of Tianjin (1974), Lunar Treaty (1986), Outer Space Treaty (2000), Earth Sphere Nuclear Free Agreement (2002), and the new proposed treaty to answer the Venus-Mars Questions.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:24:28 pm by Aboth Ber »

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2012, 12:53:02 pm »

Oh yeah, to clarify, I wanted to be the dude who controls the shipping department.

To Lockheed and Boeing:
These are good designs you have submitted, but a Defence mechanism is required. CIWS should be added to ensure their safety.

To Science Dude:
We need a lightweight CIWS to slap on civilian ships. Make it happen.

OK DONE...

ARLaN Chief:
"We understand your concern for our shipping safety sir. Unfortunately our current CIWS technology are still imfantile... The working prototype weight nearly 465 tons (9.3 HS), it is to cumbersome even for Civilian uses and only become dead weights."

re: Captain Drakening Kaos
Thank you for your suggestions. At this time, there are no plans to build a shipyard due to their being no stockpiled minerals currently. As you will see shortly, my priorty for the moment is converting all convential industry to TranNewtonian levels. Even doing that will stretch our mining capacity to the limit as you will soon see. Before I go into the proposed expansion plan, I would like to point out to the new head of Transportation(Kingfisher)that CIWS would have to be very compressed. At our current tech level, this may prove impractical. It would be better to have some of the new corvettes escort the civilian ships. Now, on to the important stuff.

The proposed budget is simple for now-use half of our industry for converting 500 CI to Constuction Factories, and the other half for converting 500 CI to mines.
Our departments reasoning for this is that construction capacity and mining capacity is the two largest issues holding back full growth. By our calculations, this would increase our mining ablity by 72%, from 5500 tons to 9500 tons, while our BP's would increase 50% from 8000BP annually to 12000BP annually. This will hopefully allow for the growth of our mineral stockpiles so we can start building ships.

To Lockheed and Boeing-your designs look good, but could I have have an estimated cost in minerals? We'd like to start construction, but we have to make sure that building these will not hold back the mines.

To ARLaN- Would it be possible for you guys to look into increased mine production or increased construction ability? Both would be great, but I understand that you're hardpressed right now.

Allied State Secretary:
The Boeing and Lockheed has given us the detailed cost for their ships:

Your instruction has been forwarded to the relevant departments and local industry administration. We estimate both project to finished sooner than 28 June 2006 (2,5 years). Here is the general plan summaries and the relevant mineral expenses:

I will forwarded your message to Jarod Cain head of ANSA."

"I'm sorry sir, looks like some of our junior researchers didn't know the powerplant specifications that was used n your design so they just slap in the laboratory emergency generator design. As for the sensors, since the new techs didn't know the purpose of the sensor, they just make design that looks similar. As for the speed sir, it is to match the speed of known Reich Survey Ship, Wissen class Survey Ship that had top speed 1400 km/s. (More on this on the next update). Truthfully sir, until the Allied had finalizing their space warfare doctrine we should refrain from slapping nukes on ship hulls..."
Keep rolling the design, maybe one of your design will be approved by ANSEC or other Directorate members.

Now for LP unrelated question, how the heck I change the Polls deadline, I want to change the voting closing time to next week? And I can't see the Poll Option anymore...

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2012, 02:59:00 pm »

We will go to mars, and make it ours.

Me, Manfryd Koch, and a hand picked team of explorers will get on board the very first ship bound for the red planet with enough supplies to last us 3 years. We will investigate the ruins and find their origins. We will also start to plan for the full fledged exploration of the structures when a sufficient contingent of technicians and engineer can be ferried to Mars.

From careful analysis of the data sent by the probes we have good reason to think that the structures are from an advanced civilization, and thus the discoveries made there could very well gain us the edge we need over the Reich.

OOC

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2012, 06:40:00 pm »

To Lockheed and Boeing:
Could those designs be fitted with passive sensors? Wouldn't want to get sprung by any Reich ships.

(OOC: Do colliers and tankers count as civilian or military?)
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2012, 09:42:31 pm »

Order one each of the civilian vessels, but don't start construction on them until we have enough materials to build 2/3's of one in the stockpile of the total ships materials
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11