n/a

n/a
- 0 (0%)
n/a
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 10, 2012, 07:56:54 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Community Aurora 4xGame: Allies & Reich in Space. Meeting the Reich at Jupiter  (Read 37932 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Community 4X Game: You Play Aurora: Allies and Reich in Space.
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2012, 11:52:06 pm »

Even though those military forces will likely be enough to protect the colonists, the "ruins bug" would likely still wreck havoc with any civilian population (basically, they would end up subjugated to the robots regardless of our efforts due to the bug).

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2012, 12:16:59 am »

Is it a case of more engineers means faster reclaiming?  Or is progress linear irrespective of how many units are working on it.

As for moving troops to Mars, definitely, prior to the engineers would be better, and keep sending them as we make them.  A few garrison first, then several battalions of MobInf.

Except the fact that Mars ruins are Deserted Intact City that means maybe there are more than 1500 installations. It will take a very long time until it fully exploited.
Deserted by its builders, but not necessarily deserted by its auto-defences.

And....
Even though those military forces will likely be enough to protect the colonists, the "ruins bug" would likely still wreck havoc with any civilian population (basically, they would end up subjugated to the robots regardless of our efforts due to the bug).
....we certainly need to avoid that bug.

Going back to your post about finalising our start-up:
Starting ships: yes, all set and decided.  Plus for the PDC, I'm just gonna vote for the 2 x Maginot 3.  Screw it, let's get something.

Earth: Seems set.  I'd still like Circle Crop to produce the Victory, but no-one else is voicing an opinion.
          Is there an ETA on how long it is going to take for Industry to do the proposed conversion of CI?
Survey Saturn and its moons, then backtrack to Jupiter.  Use the colony ship to transport survey teams around to different targets.

Luna and Mars: we can't do anything about them for now.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2012, 04:31:49 am »

Sorry, I was away. So here are my orders as head of ANSEC:

1) Stop training Garrison Battaillon. We need Engineers to dig up those ruins, start producing them.
2) Order 8 Maginot-1 PDCs. I would like a report on the feasability of refurbishing existing PDCs as Maginot.
3) Our 2 free ships will be Queen Victoria Corvette Leader. The 1000-ton shipyard will keep producing Victory FAC until we have two squadron of 10.
4) I would like to propose a change of focus toward Mesons. Mesons offer the advantage of being a dual use tech, able to strike Reich terrestrial installations.
5) I request that several extra maintenance facilities be built and stationed on Mars. A squadron of FAC should be stationed there as soon as practical.
7) I would like to request a new ship design. It is to be stealthy, 2500 ton and carry several warhead. Basically a space submarine for second-strike capapbility.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2012, 11:24:11 am »

According to this discussion and this LP, we really don't want a citizens on Mars until we finish evacuating the ruins, as ruins tend to spawn armies of rampaging robots.

That's quite meta though, we do not know what the ruins contains. And there is already a quarantine in effect for anyone exposed to the Mars biosphere so the colonizers are on a one way trip either way. I say we go ahead and colonize but the decision is up to the top brass.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2012, 01:42:33 pm »

4) I would like to propose a change of focus toward Mesons. Mesons offer the advantage of being a dual use tech, able to strike Reich terrestrial installations.

These I would be more than wiling to research.
This is a blank sig.

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of his mispronunciation and malapropism
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2012, 10:07:39 pm »

Sorry I was out of town for several days.

Based on new suggestions...
OK... based from what I see:
SHIPS:
1. Freighter standby doing nothing.
2. Any Military Ships are going to orbiting Mars on extended orbits, while conducting 'task group training'. (need confirmation)
3. Survey Ship are going to Saturn. (The current solar system configuration are kinda like a line: Pluto--Jupiter--Inner planets and Sun--Saturn--Uranus--Neptune), so if after surveying Saturn the Survey ship need to Jupiter, it will take a very long time.
4. The most fastest ship will pick the Xeno team from Earth and drop them Mars (maybe the Destroyer Leader)
5. The Colony Ship will moved the necessary colonist to operate maintenance facilities.
6. Troop Transport Ship are moving 2 Enginner Brigade to Mars... How much Garrison? (we currently had 8/eight )

STARTER SHIP (Allies):
1 Boeing 808 Colony Ship
1 Lockheed C301 Freighter
1 Lockheed C302 Troop Transport Ship
1 BAe Inquirer GeoSurvey Ship
2 Queen Victoria
8 Maginot-1

STARTER SHIP and PDC (Reich):
2 Schildkröte Hybrid Cargo Ship.
2 Wissen Survey Ship.
2 Eisenmeteor Corvette.
4 Anti-Missile PDCs

EARTH:
Production:
1. Industry: 50% Convert 500 CI to 500 Construction Factory, 50% Convert 500 CI to 500 Mine. (Will finish no later than 2008.)
2. Ordnance: Sitting still.
3. Fighter: Sitting idle...
Research:
1. 25 Labs: Research Rate 240 CP. (July 2004)
2. 5 Labs: Pebble Bed Reactor. (next year!)
Shipyard:
1. SpaceArk: Commercial: 25.000 ton: Continual Capacity Expansion. Assigned Class: none
2. Atlantic: Commercial: 10.000 ton: Continual Capacity Expansion. Assigned Class: none
3. Churchill: Naval: 2.500 ton: Continual Capacity Expansion. Assigned Class: none
4. Circle Crop: Naval: 1000 ton: Continual Capacity Expansion. Assigned Class: produce 20 Victory Gunboat (?) use Circle Crop or Churchill? (without prefabbing components it will finished somewhere in August 2004 ~7-8 months with prefab about 3-4 months)
Ground Training Facilities:
1. GFTF1: Train Engineer Brigade (will finish training in Early 2005)
2. GFTF2: Train Engineer Brigade (will finish training in Early 2005)

LUNA BASE:
None!

MARS TERRITORIES:
Free to Colonize, move Maintenance Faciity for FAC (5 Maintenance Faciity need 250.000 workers --> ~400.000 colonist)

Is it final? I'l wait until the end of this day...
So I can start the time increments...

Oh yes, if there are more Engineer then the work will finish more faster.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:16:31 pm by Aboth Ber »
Aurora Community Game: Allies and Reich in Space. :
Year 2004: Reich in Jupiter. Now what?

Only You can help the Allies conquer the stars! For Freedom and Capitalism!

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2012, 04:08:41 am »

Move those maintenance facilities.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2012, 05:55:45 am »

We need to move colonist first.

Use the Circle Crop for the Victory Gunboats. Designer, I want a design for a space submarine that would give us second strike capabilities. As an incentive, it'll be named after his discverer. If one of our young captain want a command with odds of rapid promotion, I will make sure he'll be the forst assigned to his ship.

I don't think those damn Kraut will risk landing troops on Mars, but just in case we cannot afford to loose our engineers. Send Garrison unit for every two Engineer unit.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2012, 06:16:40 am »

I'm afraid we don't have any stealth technology.  No thermal reduction, no cloak, nothing.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2012, 06:23:36 am »

Good thing that the Reich's detection tech is crappy too then!

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of his mispronunciation and malapropism
    • View Profile
Allied Nations: 1-1-2004:17-1-2004. Starting in Mars and Looking at Saturn.
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2012, 03:43:06 am »

Earth, 1 January 2004

Allied State Secretary:

"As per your directive,  a new Survey had been formed leaded by Rear Admiral Tobial Hazelbush. Currently they are in Earth surveying Siberia Tundra trying to find an undiscovered TN mineral deposit."

"Sir, based on your directives, the 29th and 30th Low Infantry Division had been disbanded. The top division officers and promising cadets are now currently been retrained as 75th and 76th Engineer Brigade. The training will be finished at 7 February 2005."

"The Circle Crop are now producing the Victory FAC, the first batch are expected to delivered in May 2004. If we prefab the neded components, we can cut the time for constructing into just 2-3 months."

"ANS Inquirer 001 (need better name?) are now moving to Saturn systems. Flag Captain Danielle Kuta are commandeering the Inquirer in this journey. It will arrive at Saturn in 8 Days, 17 Minutes, travelling at 1851 km/s speed. We expect hearing good news regarding TN minerals availability around Saturn Systems."

"The Mars Xenoarcheology Expedition Team leaded by Dr. Manfryd Koch along with a small team of biologist and secutity team are now boarding the ANNS-1 Queen Victoria. The Queen Victoria will then depart to Mars and drop the Teams on Mars surface. After that it will stay in Low Mars Orbit for crew training. It will take less than 1 day for Princess to arrive at Mars. We expect to hear from them before the end of this day.

The Colony Ship ANCS-1 Starwagon 001 (need better name) are now loading the 20.000 colonist that will become pioneer in establishing colonies at Mars. The Cargo Ship ANCS-2 Atlas 001 (need better name) are also loading Maintenance equipment and the necessary infrastructure to establish maintenance facilities that can serve the maintenance need for 1.000 ton voidships. It wil take at least 2-3 days to finish loading the passenger and cargo before moving to Mars."

ASA Head:
"Sir, our DSTS detect one of Reich Eisenmeteor the Johann Gottfried Herder (code named Meteor One) moving to Venus. While the other ship Immanuel Kant (Meteor Two) are conducting what seems like crew training around Earth Orbit.
It is also seems that Reich are moving their Cargo Ships to Luna. Since the Reich State Spokesman announced in Reich Mass Media on November 2003 that they planned to establish a new lunar city on Lunar North Pole called "Mond der Ruhe". It was planned to hold approximately 1 Million Colonist under the domed city, so this is already expected to happen soon or later.
The Reich survey ships are also seems heading into Astereoid Belt since they movement didn't correspondent with any outer planet locations."

Mars, 1 January 2004. 23.16 ACT. 04:23 AMLT6 (Arbitrary Mars Local Time +6)

Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, the Martian Xenoarcheology Expedition Team just landed on Mars at Tyrrhena Region. This event are broadcasted live around the world nd become headline news on various mass media and internet. The live Mars landing are seen by more than 1 billion people and the Team Mars Live Update "SocialNet" are followed by more than 500 million users. The team are currently unloading their supplies and setting home base before working to explore the Martian ruins and decipher their mysteries."

Venus, 2 January 2004. 22:46 ACT.
Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, We just get news that Reich had landed their Xeno team on Terra Ishtar at Venus. The Reich did an elaborate media propaganda announcing this news and this had become the headline of various Reich and world mass media. But we expect this news to die off when we land our colonist at Mars."

Mars Territories, 3 January 2004, 05:31 ACT.
Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, the first Mars Colonist had arrived at Mars, they now start establishing small community near Hellas Sea northern coast and they named the new small establishment: Libertium. This new city are located not far from Dr. Koch team home base. The live feed from the colonist walking the green Mars soil, beach, the unearthly pale-blue tinted sky and the relatively calm Hellas Sea captivated the Earth population hearts and they rushing to join the next colony shipping, scheduled at 6 January 2004 when ANCS-1 Starwagon arrived at Earth from Mars."

Earth, 7 January 2004.
Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, the Reich are now officially colonizing the moon. Their Lunar City already half-established, and they now moving 40.000 workers to finish constructing the lunar city. Their propaganda claim the new Lunar Cities acts as Reich stepping stone to colonizing the space. The AFSIB (Alliance Free Speech and Information Bureau) counter with showing footage of the Libertium citizen relaxing at the beach and swimming in Hellas Sea anbd the vast green East Tyrrhena plains, something the moon didn't had."

Earth, 8 January 2004.

ASA Head:
"Sir our DSTS just detected new Ship signature. The signature come from Reich Civilian Ship, identifying itself as PVS-1 Wohlbefinden, a Volkswagen Type 143 Wal Passenger Ship belonging to Pffafner Versandunternehmen (PV) a Reich based civilian shipping consortium. It looks like the ship are taking the colonist to Venus.The ship was quite big at 26.350 ton."

Saturn Systems, 9 January 2004. 17.00 ACT.

Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, the Inquirer just arrived at Saturn Systems and become the humanity first manned craft arrived at Saturn. It currently conducting TN mineral survey and scientific research at Saturn upper atmosphere. We will get the result in approximately 6 days. Meanwhile the Reich had just finished moving 200.000 people to moon, the Reich announce that the first phase of the Lunar City had finished and now they planned to moving 500.000 colonist to Venus to establish colony in Terra Ishtar."

Earth, 11 January 2004.

Allied State Secretary:
"The Allied leading scientist Prof. Marsha Haufler are given new administative clearance ratings so she now can access all ARLaN labs. This new labs was quickly added into Prof. Haufler research. As result, her research will be finished one month ahead schedule.

Meanwhile Captain Langois the Head of ACFC Operations Office recent work at ACFC are noted by her superior."

Saturn Systems, 13 January 2004.

Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, the Inquirer found nearly 12,5 million ton Sorium on Saturn upper atmosphere. This equal to more than 3 billion liter of fuel, we didn't need to afraid run out of Sorium fuel again. But unfortunately we didn't had any means to harvest the sorium yet."

Earth, 14 January 2004.
ASA Head:
"Sir our DSTS just detected another new Reich civilian ship transponder. It reisters itself as PVS-2 Umherziehend, a Fokker Fo-121 Laufer Freighter of Pffafner Versandunternehmen (PV). Our sensor finds that the ship size was at least 39,100 ton."

Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, the Inquirer reported that they found a huge 67.800 Corundium deposit on Saturn moon Mimas alongside Duranium and Gallicite. This possibly can help the solve potential Corundium crisis on Earth."

"They also found Mercassium, Vendarite and Uridium deposits on Rhea."

Earth, 16 January 2004.

Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, the Maglaras Transport Company (MTC) finally launched their new ship: a Lockheed C303 Super Atlas Freighter.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This new ship are big enough to transport large materials and surely will served our shipping needs well. We now contacted MTC to help our state-owned cargo ships moving Maintenance Facilities to Mars.

Meanwhile the ACFC report that since Captain Sarah George, CO of Missile Complex 021 recently participate in ACFC sponsored Training Course, she now had enough experience and knowledge to organize combat simulation.
Saturn Systems, 16 January 2004.

The Inquirer reported another mineral deposit on Saturn Systems. They found a large deposit of Duranium and Boronide with quite large Tritanium and meager Neutronium minerals on Titan."

Earth, 17 January 2004.
Allied State Secretary:
"Sir the Inquirer had finished surveying Saturn Systems, should we surveying Jupiter or we continue surveying Uranus and Neptune?

As you can see, Jupiter orbit currenty are in opposite direction of Saturn orbit about 2.2 billion km. While Uranus are in Saturn side of orbit about 1.5 billion km. Where should we send the Inquirer? I need a direction from ANEA, ANSEC or ANMoT regarding this matter."

Wow... That was a lot of updates...
Aurora Community Game: Allies and Reich in Space. :
Year 2004: Reich in Jupiter. Now what?

Only You can help the Allies conquer the stars! For Freedom and Capitalism!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2012, 03:55:43 am »

We need to exploit and militarize Mimas ASAP.  I'd suggest we move autominers at the minimum.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Community Aurora 4x Game: Allies and Reich in Space. First Saturn, Next???
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2012, 04:00:55 am »

I'd suggest heading to Jupiter first. Sure, it's a bit further away, but it gots tons of moons, so more opportunities.

When can we start moving troops to Mars, especially engineers?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2012, 04:02:49 am »

Considering we travelled from Earth to Saturn in 9 days, it might not be that much of a time difference.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2012, 04:22:19 am »

Jupiter.

Also, If I could take command of a Victory to begin training in fleet operations?  Over Mars, or Earth, doesn't matter to me.

Provisional Captain Darkening Kaos;
Survey Division.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11