n/a

n/a
- 0 (0%)
n/a
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 10, 2012, 07:56:54 pm

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Community Aurora 4xGame: Allies & Reich in Space. Meeting the Reich at Jupiter  (Read 37938 times)

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: Community Aurora 4x Game: Allies&Reich in Space. CURSE YOU TRITANIUM SHORTAGE!
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2012, 05:32:13 am »

Reduce production of the MIRV's to alleviate the Tritanium crunch.

Mining from anywhere else will not have an appreciable affect, and purchasing resurces from another government may come with unacceptable conditions.

We must also begin construction of more freighters - one freighter is not going to be enough to move everything we need.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community Aurora 4x Game: Allies&Reich in Space. CURSE YOU TRITANIUM SHORTAGE!
« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2012, 05:40:28 am »

Mr Kaos, do realize that I am the department head of transport. You want freighters, you go through ME. Convince me why we should.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2012, 06:09:10 am »

We got plenty of civilians freighters. As head of ANSEC, I give my agreement to stop the production of Peacekeepers.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of his mispronunciation and malapropism
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2012, 12:22:10 pm »

So... Should we reduce the MIRV production, or we stop the production completely?
If we cut the production by 50%, there should be no problem. The new converted Mine goes online every 3 or 4 days, so the current situation will only last about 1 or 2 months and then the production can go back to 100%.
If we stop temporarily, we could start the production again in about 1 month, give or take several days.

I'll wait until tomorrow before I start increasing time again...
Aurora Community Game: Allies and Reich in Space. :
Year 2004: Reich in Jupiter. Now what?

Only You can help the Allies conquer the stars! For Freedom and Capitalism!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2012, 08:30:55 pm »

Two hours after I logged off last-night, the realisation hit me: we are in a Tritanium CrunchTM, building a freighter would only make that worse, so yeah, ignore that dopey suggestion, (and possibly most future ones).
The Cargo Ships top speed only 797 km/s. It will take 22-23 days for Earth-Saturn journey, give or take 3-4 days depend on planetary configuration. It was a long journey, and during those 44-46 days we can't transport anything if we send all cargo ships to Titan. So what should we do?
The things is, our one freighter cannot carry a whole automine, so it is going to take two trips before mining operations start, that's on the order of 70-80 days, thus my premature suggestion to build more freighters.

I'd suggest cutting back on MIRV production, not stopping it altogether, enough to allow conventional industry conversion to continue uninterrupted.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2012, 08:37:51 pm »

Ratify the treaty with the Reich.

Team, let me know if you're interested in some sort of Titan-Mercury treaty, whereby we get Titan and the Reich gets Mercury.  Granted, it might not work, as they would probably suspect that Titan is closer to more minerals than Mercury, however the fact that Mercury can be wholy terraformed but Titan can't should be enough for them to agree.

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
23 Jan - 3 Feb 2004. CMC in Titan, how the hell they get there?
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2012, 12:49:36 am »

Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, we had reduced the missile production by 50%. Here are the reports:

We had confidence that this will solve our Tritanium shortage condition for the time, while still fulfill the mandated MIRV production.'

ADC Head:
"Acknowledge sir, since we had ratified the treaty the treaty now are in effect. So we cannot entered Venus Sphere without Reich permission and vice-versa. Regarding Titan and Mercury, we had send Ambassador Pickelsimer to inquire the Reich about their activity around Mercury and their intention regarding Saturn Systems."

Sol Inner Belt, 25 January 2004
FOREIGN NEWS:
*An animation showing a simplified black eagle flying and land on a model of Earth Globe, the Eagle then change into the Reich Insignia and the globe into swastika surrounded by oak leaves, the Reichsadler with red background. A large text RID are diplayed below the Eagle, it was a television station owned by Reich Ministry of Pubic Enlightenment. The scene changed into a newscaster sitting in front of stylized Reich Territories. The newscaster are speaking in German.*
"This late evening, the survey team aboard the Scientific Vessel Zukunft had found the first confirmed asteroid trans-mineral deposit on asteroid designated: 30 Urania. This finding are the result of several months of carefully planning and weeks of surveying attempts. This recent finding opens new possibilities and act as one of humanity reasons to explore and expand the space beyond.  Thus space become our new Lebensraum."
*the subsequent news show the asteroid 30 Urania from Zukunft visual camera who orbit about 30 km from Urania. Then the location of Urania in Solar Systems. the rest of the news are interviews with guest Astrogeologist and Trans-Earth Mining expert about feasibility of Asteroid Mining.*

ADC Head:
"Damn... The Reich didn't pass this for propaganda value. Since we don't know how much the 30 Urania deposit value is. We don't know how precious this asteroid is. BUT the Reich seems to lack transport capabilities to establish mining base currently, so we shouldn't get smitten by their propaganda. I'll ask the AFSIB to counter with more Mars propaganda... We just got an update from Ambassador Pickelsimer:
Regarding the Mercury, the Reich claimed that they didn't lay a hand on Mercury, their ships just happen to passes near it when conducting training maneuver. They didn't want to discuss about outer systems now since they didn't had any data about their conditions."

Thus several days passed without any notable incidents. Except Dr. Koch demand more Coffee shipping. working in Martian day of 24 hours 15 minutes examining geometric glyph on walls are very tiring while the Geologist team on Earth still busy looking deep Neutrino Scan looking for geologic anomaly...

Jupiter Systems, 30 January 2004
Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, the Inquirer just arrived arrived at Jupiter Systems. It now began scanning the Jupiter Upper Atmosphere for Sorium availability. We will hear the result in one week."

Mars Territories, 2 February 2004

ASA Head:
"Sir, Captain Sarah George recently participated in ACFC Ship Operations Course and as the result her speed in conducting ship commands are increased. Her Fleet Initiative Rating assesment had increased to 157.

Mars Territories, 2 February 2004
ASA Head:
"Sir, the 2nd Mars Engineer Brigade just landed on Mars. They join with the 1st Mars Engineer Brigade establishing scientific bases and infrastructure on Tyrrhenia Plains."

Saturn Systems, 3 February 2004

Allied State Secretary:
Sir, we just got report that a civilian company Chronos Mining Consortium or CMC just finished establishing a Mining Complexes on Titan. The Chronos had send their ships last year to Titan and just arrived recently after Inquirer leave Saturn Systems. The CMC Titan are staffed by more than 1000 people and 500 Security Officer from Neverwinter PMC. We can buy their mineral form CMC for $750M for a year, or we can leave the minerals for cviian sector and get $250M a year as tax. Here are our current wealth report:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As you can see we got $3,936M from income taxes and taxes on off-world shippings, while we spend $1,457.9M to pay civilian contractor and funding various construction project. We had a very hefty surplus. We had $8,2640.1M in reserve.
What should we do sir?"
(The ANEA, ANSEC and ANMoT had a say in this)

ADC Head:
"The CMC also make our 'territorial claim' in Titan more easy since, we had civilians in there, and we must oblige to PROTECT them, if you know what I mean. Never underestimate the power of capitalism!!!"

ARLaN Chief:
"Sir, we just got report that Prof. Haufler got another insight in researching methods and the new methods make her more experienced and knowledge in researching. This make her research will finished more quickly."

MONTHY REPORT
Allied State Secretary:
EARTH:
The conversion had progress smoothly. But there are still lot more work to do.
LUNAR CITY:
The MTC had moved a lot of infrastructure and the 20.000 workers afilliated with Lunar Societies are assembling them as domed city on Shoemacker Crater that can support up to 280.000 residents.
MARS TERRITORIES:
The Mars Colonization are going well, 140.000 people are now living in Libertium and satellite villages on the northern coast of Hellas sea. But as you can see there are still 80.000 worker shortage for maintenance facilities to function properly.

I really surprised when the CMC suddenly pop-out in Titan. If we considering it takes at least 20-odd days to go to Titan, we can only assume the civies are leaving for Titan at most in December 2003 or Early January 2004.
So now what should we do with the CMC? Should we purchase from them or should we leave them?
Soory for the long update. My Internet service are down for three consecutive days.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:55:22 am by Aboth Ber »

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Buy the minerals.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Buy the minerals.
+1 and fortify, to protect the civilians.

EDIT: Actually, I suggest we be quiet about our new colony until we have it properly fortified, along with Mimas (other moon of Saturn we want).  Then, we can counter every bit of the Reich propaganda, and demand our holding be respected.

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
3 Feb-11 Feb. Surveying Jupiter meeting the Reich. Chance encounter?
« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2012, 02:31:18 am »

Titan, Saturn Systems, 3 February 2004
Allied State Secretary:
"Sir based on your direction. We had purchased the minerals from Titan Mining Complex of Chronos Mining Company. It will send via the Mass Driver and the first shipment will arrive at Earth in 20 days. Here are the report of Titan current mineral availability.

If we want to formally incorporate Titan as one of our territory, it will need an Allied Nations appointed Administrator. Therefore we suggest to appoint Mr. Pyung Yong Jin the current Luna Head Administrator as he had the most experience in mining .(15%). We await your order sir."

Jupiter Systems, 4 February 2004

Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, the result from Jupiter Survey had been published. Jupiter contain more than 22 million ton Sorium, we can spend hundreds of years just to exploit it.

ADC Head:
"Sir, an envoy from Republic of China just arrived. They send their monthly 'gift' for our help 'establishing world peace' and in our recent space exploration success they like to make a little contribution for our cause make new world for humanity to live.
Here are the China Mineral Monthly Payment :
14 ton Duranium, 3 ton Corbomite, 3 ton Tritanium, 12.5 ton Boronite, 10 ton Mercasium, 3 ton Vendarite, 10 ton Sorium, 11 ton Uridium, 10 ton Corundium, and 12.5 ton Gallicite.
They also had some trade proposal to convey:
"Hmmm... Missiles for cash and minerals huh? What do you think sir?"
(Should we trade the MIRV to China? Should we accept their proposal in buying our neutronium?

Jupiter Systems, 6 February 2004. 01:40 ACT
ASA Head:
"Sir ANSS-1 Inquirer just report that their sensor detect the thermal signature of a Reich Ship in Jupiter Systems. The intelligence officer atop Inquirer deduced that the thermal signature belong to Wissen class Survey Ship. The Wissen was first detected when Inquirer was surveying Europa. The Wissen are detected moving on Mimas before going to Jupiter. Our ships refrain contacting the Wissen and the Wissen didn't contact Inquirer although we sure they detect the Inquirer signature since the thermal signature of Inquirer are much more bigger than Wissen. Since the Wissen seems didn't show any aggresive or hostile intention and the Inquirer lack ship-grade weaponry, the Inquirer didn't do anything."

Jupiter Systems, 6 February 2004. 20.50 ACT
ASA Head:
"The contact with Wissen is temporarily lost since Inquirer had finished their survey on Europa and now are continuing their survey effort on Ganymede. The last known Wissen position are directly on Jupiter outer atmosphere. Although we can't detect them, we sure they still detect Inquirer since Inquirer thermal signature are very high. We refrain contacting German side without council approval, so keep silent over this matter."

Earth, 7 February 2004. 20.50 ACT

ASA Head:
"Sir a new officer are just entering our service. She was known since academy days as the most capable person in subversion, infiltration, psychology manipulation and information acquirement. (Espionage 30%, Diplo 20%, Training 100. it seems she excel in manipulating other person? What should we do? Use her as spy and replace one of Schadenfreude spy members?)
Captain Jack Euchre, our current acting (or will he become permanent?) Head of Foreign Affair Office, had just finished his monthly fleet simulation exercise. In this exercise he used some new voidship maneuver and beat the other officers on simulation. We sure his new trick will benefit his ship under his command when the real battle come.
Meanwhile the 1st and 2nd Mars Guard Garrison Battalion had landed on Mars. Together with the 1st and 2nd engineer Brigade they will setup the defense perimeters surrounding the Libertium city and the Point Excavation Zero of Dr. Koch team to repel any possible threat from Mars and from Space."

Jupiter Systems, 8 February 2004

Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, the Inquirer fund a large Corundium deposit in Ganymede. Since we had detect Reich presence around Jupiter Systems. Sooner or later they will found the same result."

Jupiter Systems, 10 February 2004

Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, the Inquirer found another mineral deposit on  Jupiter Systems in Callisto. The deposit contain many minerals with low availability and size."

Jupiter Systems, 11 February 2004
Allied State Secretary:
"Sir, Jupiter Systems are thoroughly surveyed. The Inquirer now can continue his surveying Major panetary bodies (Uranus dan Neptune) or they can start detecting minerals on asteroid bet. What are your order sir?"

Sorry for the long delay...
My ISP down... again... I had contact the costumer service and they say they need 1 week to resolve the issue...
Some company...
I'm forced to use the community wifi...

So, the Reich had finally show their face in Jupiter after initially scouring the asteroids. The East China want to buy MIRV and minerals from Allies. The Inquirer finished probing Jupiter. Now what fates hold for the Allied Nations? What kind of ruin the dr. Koch wil find on Mars? Keep tuned folks!!! on Reich and Allies: The New Generations...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Community Aurora 4xGame: Allies & Reich in Space. Meeting the Reich at Jupiter
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2012, 02:44:34 am »

As head of ANSEC, I'm okay with selling MIRV to China.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community Aurora 4xGame: Allies & Reich in Space. Meeting the Reich at Jupiter
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2012, 12:23:11 pm »

As head of ANSEC, I'm okay with selling MIRV to China.

As head of Foreign Affairs Office, I also agree.  Furthermore, I'd be willing to sell them Neutronium for either Coridium or Tritanium.

I'm all for adding Ella Wytch to our Espionage team, replacing whomever is worst on the team currently.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Any hope of raising this from the death?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]