Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Devlogs from 2050  (Read 45372 times)

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
Re: Devlogs from 2050
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 01:08:06 pm »

Finally made dwarves go to hospital and get healed by doctor properly , it took 3 trained slave monkey lives , but it was all worth it .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Adequate Swimmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 01:31:23 pm »

After reviewing code it has been found out that tame gremlins revert to their wild state if fed after midnight.
[VALUE:PEACE:0]

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 02:08:15 pm »

Finally made military dwarves equip equipment and get bolts properly.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 02:13:22 pm »

Toady-added 3D graphics

DF FORUM- THE WORLD IS GANA FUCKING END
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 02:14:35 pm »

Toady-added 3D graphics

Nah, he'll never do that. DF is roguelike-like. in adventure mode just roguelike.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 02:21:48 pm »

Toady-added 3D graphics

Nah, he'll never do that. DF is roguelike-like. in adventure mode just roguelike.
3D graphics are not mutually exclusive with ASCII.

It's just really silly. Then again, I expect full immersion ASCII by 2050.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 02:54:21 pm »

3D figures drawn with ascii characters .

fixed bug where dwarves release extreme amounts of sweat in their clothes , making dwarves blow up because of extreme pressure .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 03:31:53 pm »

- updated intuitivity of military/squad screens and overhauled equipment deployment for dwarves in dwarf mode

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 05:38:45 pm »

Evolution no longer spontaneously adds limbs.
Fixed a bug where H+ ions were being generated for no apparent reason in large clouds of hydrogen. You can no longer initiate nuclear fusion without a lot more effort.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 07:10:00 pm »

Fixed a bug with bodkin arrows not being able to penetrate elven leather armor.
Dwarves should no longer reach technological singularity by the third century of world generation. A bug with crippled dwarves's bahavior caused them to grab and use very crutch availiable, and then demand more. The speed bonuses eventualy allowed said dwarf to break the speed of light, giving dwarves a sharp increase in scientific research, he he he.
Sexualy transmitted diseases should no longer spread by means of sneeze.
Fixed a bug that allowed dragons to grow indefinitely through worldgen. After running a worldgen test for 6000 years one dragon got so big and heavy he collapsed into a singularity and destroyed the world.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 07:19:28 pm »

Fixed a bug that caused dwarves to gain sentience and somehow escape into the internet. Thanks to the CIA's C.A.R.P. program, the biggest problems were solved. Delete any copies of DF downloaded after July 17th, and we should be good. I'll get right back on coding DF once I get my computer back.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 08:32:14 pm »

-Fixed the bug were dolphins create civilisations more then Dwarves because of their high intelect, by lowering there base intelligence, removing any way for them to travel on land, and by raising the intelligent level of Dwarves, however dolphins can still breath above water, so this might be an issue aswell.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 08:35:30 pm »

Toady-added 3D graphics

Actually, one of Toady's long-term goals is to give DF 3D rendering.

-Finally finished the soil revision, all 20 septillion grains of sand should appear in an average worldgen now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 09:11:32 pm »

Cats now have realistically large litters. Modern computers can handle it.

The basic swathe popcap and the minimum for various events have been raised to realistic levels. Now you will have your embark tiles filled with realistically-sized towns of thousands of dwarves! Invasions have also increased in size.
Sig

Adequate Swimmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2012, 04:32:48 am »

Fixed a critical issue that could make a player stark raving mad.
[VALUE:PEACE:0]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18