Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Devlogs from 2050  (Read 45375 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Devlogs from 2050
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 04:51:43 am »

Invasions have also increased in size.
Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 05:34:18 am »

The game is scheduled to be done in 2030, so chances are by 2050 Toady will be working on post-1.0 goals.

"I worked on the interface for divine realm mutability today. I wrapped up the sphere-based divine plane auto-morphability, although there's still more that I could do there. But I also want players to be able to define things themselves, within the boundaries of what might be logical for their spheres. Of course, this can limit your ability to effectively build defenses against incursion from rival pantheons, he he he."

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 07:01:05 am »

made Dwarven philosophists a bit dumber , after one of them wrote a 1000 pages long book about the possibility that there is alternate dimension where a creature called "player" is controlling them .
shortly after that they created a religion dedicated to the player .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

finka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2012, 12:26:49 am »

Figured out the world gen crash.  The physics in worldgen battle particle swarm simulations was running on the dwarf mode timescale, but unit actions were on adventure mode time, causing all weapons to create sonic booms and deafening all participants.  This left too few entities with high enough hearing population for any spoken languages to survive, so it crashed when looking for a transcribable world name.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2012, 12:44:33 am »

Bug Fixes:
Useless haulers should no longer periodicallly form a giant middle finger at you in the dining hall.
Nobles should no longer blame themselves for "unfortunate accidents". I know it was funny, but after your king bashes his own brain out, and the civ collapses wihout the heir you killed, you would stop finding it funny too.
Dwarven Ethicists should no longer ponder what compels certain forts to be so violent. Right Now I left it so they assume elves are to blame as a placeholder.
Dwarf-made volcanic eruptions should now properly spew particles below the dwarven esophagus size. Sorry, no more super dwarves fighting through volcanic ash clouds.
For some reason, the game was treating mega-beasts as representatives, which made adventurers too unpopular in governemnt. Senator Dragon pushed through a legislation banning sale to unknown foreigners without papers.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2012, 11:19:53 am »

made the badgers less ferocious , after one badger slaughtered all Dwarven civilisations .
fixed the bug where human civilization would accept any creature as its leader , the creature is usually slowly replacing all the humans with its own kind .
fixed bug where lightning strike would only burn off your pants .
fixed a bug where a bit heavy backpack would break your spine , rip off shoulders and break your legs .
fixed the bug with the earth magnetic field disappearing in sun storms .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 12:20:20 pm »

"We'll start work on the UI arc now."

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2012, 12:28:10 pm »

Fixes
- A bug in the convection system caused underground magma to cause increasingly massive screaming whirlwinds in the cavern space above it, eventually gaining enough force to blow entire continents into the stratosphere a couple centuries into worldgen. There's now a check for this, although your dwarves can still get blown off walkways by currents, he he he.
- Animal men no longer have their tech level growth rate closely linked to the relative intelligence of their parent species: this stops dolphin men from developing nuclear fusion after about twenty years.
- Human warehouse workers no longer fill boxes with smaller boxes.
- Tent-pitching requires a much lower Temporary Dwelling Assembly skill, after a dwarf managed to suffocate himself with his canvas bedsheet.
- Plump helmets have stronger tissue after I noticed they were unable to grow through walked-on soil and would spread out in one flat sheet underground, erupting only in soft loam. The eruptions were so powerful that one dwarf was actually stabbed through the chest by the pointy tip.

Outstanding Bugs
- Venture capitalists indiscriminately fund companies that produce absolutely useless but cheap products, which causes them to create more goods than any other organization and rule the economy, eventually running the government and taking entire countries by force.
- Exceptionally stupid creatures can still Design goods, leading to single-band puzzle rings and worse. In my testing I ended up with a full range of collectible rock figurines, which ended up combining with the previous bug to create a gigantic collectible rock empire.
- Dwarves who don't own nail clippers will rip off their fingernails when they get too long.
- Goblins who lead sieges tend to be the dumbest goblins in the siege and will happily lead their forces into a gigantic magma-pit if there's a single sign saying "FORTRESS ENTRANCE THIS WAY", no matter what the sign-writer's Liar skill is.
- If a single technician develops a rudimentary von Neumann machine, it will rapidly cover the surface of the globe with more. This happens frequently, since all they need is a miniature glass-fuser, a cutting laser, a quantum kiln and two or more assembly arms, which sets them up to reproduce by fusing the sand grains into another glass laser and assembling the rest by baking the parts in the quantum kiln. Fortunately, dwarves treat the machines as building materials, and I ended up with a mountainhome assembled entirely out of the things, tipped over and smashed so they couldn't wriggle off.

New Features
- Cables can now handle phone signals, so design teams from different towns will be able to co-ordinate faster instead of waiting for someone to invent the cellular phone and set up a signal tower company.
- Tariffs have been introduced at a national level, making trade much more domestic and lowering shipping costs dramatically.
- Tree leaves are properly tracked now and aren't just split up into larger "leaves" sections. This makes autumn much prettier if you take the time to watch at Micro level.
- Electron clouds are finally observable when you're zoomed in to Quantum.
- Different meals now have Flavor scores for each ingredient. Complimentary tastes will boost each others' Flavor scores. However, if a dwarf dislikes a certain taste then his happy thought will increase the less of that taste it is. Legendary Cooks with high Conversationalist and memory/analytical ability will remember preferences and try to make the best possible meal for everyone in the fortress.
My wooden badge was delicious.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2012, 12:37:58 pm »

removed all the features i have added in the game since 2012th year , because of one mistake in the binary code .

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2012, 01:56:06 pm »

Any dwarf solving a previously unsolved real-world mathematical paradox will automatically gain legendary status.
Slight optimizations in multi-region creatures effects on climate and air currents.
Made dwarves more tolerant to typos and grammatical errors. This should make things easier for players writing their own autobiographies.
Expanded the dragonfire framework to allow custom metabolic processes.
Randomly generated sports should be more consistent in tone now. No more tabletop skiing or dwarves drowning while trying to sing underwater. Even hostile races shouldn't wear armor in non-contact sports.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2012, 02:33:51 pm »

- Fixed a bug where dwarves could breath indefinitely underlava if they had certain genes combinations.
- Moons now properly generate with Urist Legweak footprints.
- Megabeasts should no longer grab onto nearby planets if they were close enough.
- Tweaked antmen bone durability to make them more durable against weirdly shaped hammer heads.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2012, 03:24:35 pm »

fixed the bug with human/dwarf/goblin/elf eyebrows growing endlessly and eventually covering eyes making creatures blind .

tweaked dwarven dreams and made them less random , after a dwarf had dream where he realised the true meaning of life and then all dwarves did mass suicides .

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2012, 04:02:50 pm »

*Fixed compability with Windows 2050 and BSOD.
*Game no longer crashes when using 512TB of Ram.
*Goblins heart bpm now correctly set to 95 instead of 95K so no more instant exploding heads.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2012, 04:59:03 pm »

*506 days to the release of version 1.0

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2012, 05:47:53 pm »

Alright, good news! I was mucking about with advanced worldgen and decided to create Earth, with the history seed set to zero. More than that, I can't say without violating the CIA's orders...well, I can tell you about the virtual me I found in Legends, but that's it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18