Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1158135 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year One: Reclaiming the Drunken Depths]
« Reply #1215 on: January 02, 2013, 08:40:53 am »

I think that !!DrunkFortress!! is finally available for voting in the Hall of Legends
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 06, 2013, 12:27:16 am »

Gentlemen! It's been a day of online pony party in filnald, and I have drukn over what is purposeful JUST to post in this thread! Last I followed it was when the pdf was made, so I donä't know the latest events. Anyway, at the moment, I hav edrunk 1/4th of Tapio booze, enough banana rum to make it into bee (if my favorite drink translates directly to english), and a 6-pack of beer.

Arses, itä's tilll too epic to concentrate on ponies, I mean fortress because of ponies, I will party until there is nothing left but to play fortress.

I'm still here, though. I tend to multitask even if I absolutely dont want to. Ponies, Youtube and something else leave little time to actually write here.

Iäm starting the game just on the side window.

Amazing! it works! Now Iäm drunk, new to the fortress and distracted. I will try to stop saying why Iäm distracted because it might offend some people who dont have friends. :D

3:41 A moment of intense profanities for a drink I dropped, which surprisingly smells like rotten eggs, despite smelling like candy ina glass. I also forgot to mark down times until now, but It was roughly two minutes between last paragraph and swearing at my own clumsiness.

3:45 I just took alook at the embark, this site is AMAZING! There'äs  a volcano next to ocean! There'äs a infinite energy machine pumping magma to the top, but Iä'm not gonna touch it for now. There's even more pumps even lower, even more things I will absolutely not touch while Iäm layiing.
Unit list says we have undead units somehwere, so I will absolutely wall myself in ASAP. Dishonorable, absolutely, but not as much as losing the fortress, I rthink.

3:57 I went to toilet, and I donät know if I can folow three things at once while playing. I will take an ES energy drink now.

BWAHAHAA! Pimp operator! Turns out theyre all ghosts, so we may not be in the worst possible territory.  Of all the comunity games, I seem to be the only one taking care of burial, so for now it seems like I may get this fort to its feet!

Iäm sill going to wall up though, I will NOT lose this fort on my turn.

There's already water on some levels. In case it wasn't broken before, I'm not gonna touch it.

4:14 This is harder than I thought. I haven't accomplished anything, and isolating seems more impossible than it should be. I don't think I'm gooing to play a hwole year.

4:19 I have no idea what todo. Apparently we dont have drinks, so thats something to work on. Aside from all the ghosts. We also dont have a manager, and I dont know where the still is, so I'll build one, most likely build more fields, and... well I must block the entrance somehow because I am pretty sure all those ghosts came from some kine of attacks this fort is unprepared for.

We have 12 living dwarves?! About one per ghosts, we are pretty much fucked to the point that we will have a new fortress against old fortress sieges. The gates, I will just bock the stairs themselves the moment ANYTHING comes on the surface remotely threatening our fort.

4:25 Ustuth, you are useless and unhappy. Try to brew something before you and everyone else become suicidical.

Sibrejk, you're useless too, and shall farm the fields. Yor dabbling military skills are absolutely worthless if absolutely anything shows any aggression towards us. As a bonus, I found the fields so I won't have to found new ones.

Apparently these are already farmed too, although the old farmer has died long ago and the crops are wilting on the fields.

Oh, the one military dwarf outside is not stationed there, he's dead.

4:33 Started building new workshoips here to keep ghosts at bay. The expedition reader came to build them, seething with rage. He is extremely likely to go berserk before we get anything done. Do these dwarves have anywhere to drink or sleep? Things would be easier if I had enought dwarves to name someone to take manageer orders, now Iäm founding the fortress again from the start.

We dont have beds, or we have one somehwere whe cant ceach. A guy is filling a pond, when we have not enough dwarves to survive. I took two more beers while stopping military sparring and proceeding to stop this guy from filling the pond whreever its located.

4:48 The game crashed. The ingame time was less than a week, all my time was giving orders for when stuff was to get done.

Before trying again I checked the previous post attempt, it crashed too! I like to contribvute for great success, but if it crashes like this, I cannot STAND the infuriation of wasteed effort! Honestly speaking, there are ponies to watch and I will rather stay awake until everyone else is passed out taht start debugging the crash right now. You're not druk forever, so its better not be wasted doing something you could do sober. Or should do sober,

I'll take this time to say that ponies are SPOILERED FOR THOSE OFFENDED BY FRIENDSIP
{spoilers] They are awesome. I am watching a synctube pony marathon, I have now drunk one more beer after the last post, although I'm not playing df anymore. Maybe I should though, I may get the game few days mreo closer to crashpoint. No, seems worthless. I request, someone play over the crash point and I will gladly partake when I'm drunk again.
[spoilers]

I weel awesome after the effort though. Now I feel drunk enough to try again, but I don't know if its ok to start a new drunk fortress just because the old ones is broken.

Arses! I WILL do it! As far as I'm concerned, Drunkentrials is forsaken for its failure of existing. If someone seaves it, feel free to undo my efforts½!

Abandoned, started again, accidentally took my old save. Another community fort in an area where it rains shit. Funny enough to be mentioned, but I'll start a new fortress in the drunkentrials universe now.

5:52 New fortress started and embarked. Why is everything so hard! I am more confused than is justifiable, but a properly prepared squad of somewhat named forces have arived to the new embark site, and now wi e strike the earth!

The tame is 5:58 AM and the year is 1st Granite 113 here in new outpost of Beerbelch. right away I see that I have only one miner for two picks, no woodcutters, and of the carefully pciked dwarves the manager has no skills whatsoever. As doesnt one of the military dwasrves. We shall kick ass withthe sheer pwer of being paranoid as hell.

We found limonite right away. I started as I do sober, and risk rising my fort to massive immigrant waves. It might be a bad idea after all, but at least we wont die from tantrum sipral right away.

6:12, things unexpectedly proceeded well without anyone dying. The day is 21st graite and we're not horribly dying here. I'll work fast to make a wall outside the entrance and get the fort to sustainable bevore next overseer takes over.  I still sewar I could have saved the last fort if it hadnt failed, it didn't have that much worse starting situation than a brand new fort.

5th slate 6:21 Everyone got a bed to lie down, so... everyue's getting laid? We found magma quickly, we have limonite, so we can start an army as soon as we find how to get to the magma past the semi molten rock. Shouldn't be too hard. But I dont want to get too ewalty too soon. Wall fist, immigrant army second, THEN immediately supreme steel battalion fof all!

15th Slate 6:28AM, found magma and lost the miner to retardation. It wasnt anyone relevant, so I think were ok.

Peach-faced loverbird man sounds like a homophobic slur. Soem years ago I learned that a mocking bird is a real bird too, so now this is merely strange.

The lost miner is now identified as the fortress brewer. He was really the least important, as anyone can take his responsibilitioes now. I know, alcohol is important, but that gyu didnt really know any more than anyone else.

6:45AM everything is going better than expected. I'm preparing for something truly outrageous to happen and take us by sururupsi any time now.

Our foods rot on the fields while we had no stockpile. It should be fixed onm with barrels built on repeat.

20th Hematite, 6:55AM, I am bored, the worst part of starting a fort is going through the routines before anything interesting happens. IOf this fort crashes at any given point, I will curse this very world and go sober for a week!

I'll make one more bree drink and stop if I get too sober before the year is over.

MIGRATIONS! Six new dwarves, each and every one of them either skilled in some weapons or physically fit enough to fight, so I put them all in squad with our combatfighter. The squad doesnt do anything yet, we have no weapons or armor, but I'll make some while the guys pick flowers to get beyond peaseasnt status and wont tantrum if we need them out of army at some point.

Cant build magma forge, needs maglma safe non economic material, and I have no idea what it is because I've always had some until now.

There's so many things not happening right now. We cant do smelters either, so I'm kind of stumped with my magma project. Aside from that, I'm getting overcompetrent to this fortress, so I'd better leave this to the nexxt overseer before I set too sober. Come the next day, I'll bread the story of fort this far. Now I just read that it has crashed before the last crashes too, so I may have indeed saved many players now. I'll read more about that later too.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 06, 2013, 01:08:53 am »

I love the spoiler that isn't spoilered.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: January 06, 2013, 01:48:57 am »

My favorite:
I still sewar I could have saved the last fort if it hadnt failed
Makes sense to me!

Given that the previous fort (and it's wonderful, wonderful location) crashed on three people in a row, I think it was probably dead.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: January 06, 2013, 03:19:08 am »

Tapio booze
I see, a fellow finn and a brony no less. Seems like I'm not the only one then.

An interesting turn and a new fortress. It has been a while since someone last took a turn that didn't crash so that was a good idea. (I suppose that the game couldn't handle the awesomeness of the Generator and  !!Pimp stack!!  )

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:24:39 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1221 on: January 06, 2013, 04:02:06 am »

Hahaha, well that must have been the most non-Fort related rambling I've yet seen on this. Did it go through an entire year? If so, make a rule for the next overseer, Reno :)

If not, no rule. But I hope you are all having fantastic new years! :D

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: January 06, 2013, 04:43:18 am »

Wait. Okay. The people who play are too drunk to write "pump stack" correctly, yet they can make a functioning water reactor and pump stack. I can do neither when I'm sober...

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: January 06, 2013, 06:24:28 am »

I can do neither when I'm sober...

There's your problem.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: January 06, 2013, 08:22:12 am »

Wait. Okay. The people who play are too drunk to write "pump stack" correctly, yet they can make a functioning water reactor and pump stack. I can do neither when I'm sober...
Dorfs, thats why.

By the way, some of the pimp workers are intentional. I think that it started as a typo and spread from there.
As for the generators and pumps: they are not as functional as you might think.. Magma leaking from a hole into a corridor 1z below. Assemblies melting. Chaotic assemblies and axles without a function. Having to decon half a dozen pumps because they were facing the wrong way. Miners and mechanics starving/burning. Generator output being in a constant flux between 500 and 900. It shutting down every time it drops below 700...

Et tu, Urist

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 06, 2013, 08:28:24 am »

When I played it seemed to work wonders. I fixed the leaks and got everything going, then the pumps stopped and I was too drunk to figure what the fuck walling off a leak had to do with the pump stack stopping (hint: nooooothing at all)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: January 06, 2013, 12:57:34 pm »

What wonderful turns so far, haha. XD  I recently got some extra money, so I will spend some of it on booze that is not Aristocrat.  I honestly can't look at that now without feeling mildly ill, which is sad because the bottle is still not done.  But I shall buy better vodka and take my turn soon!

Also kind of sad we lost my site, since I like that river, but crashes all around are Bad Things.  -raises glass- How fast can we run this one into the ground?

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: January 06, 2013, 01:59:38 pm »

Fairly, I imagine.

Maybe we can put the next one on a river too, I liked that setting. I wanted to build a fortress over the river :D
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

LittleJP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: January 09, 2013, 01:07:15 pm »

So, what's the new title?
In case it wasn't obvious, I do know that dividing by zero is a mathematical impossibility. I do not know, however, how this dwarven calculator would react if anyone attempted the impossible. Please, someone try! xD
If you look back in the thread, some people did try, and they got 8008135, which is significant only in that the digits resemble the letter in "BOOBIES".
And so dwarf fortress solves yet another of lifes great mysteries.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1229 on: January 09, 2013, 04:51:57 pm »

So, what's the new title?
As far as I'm aware, the current fort is still going? Things have slowed down a little and gotten confusing (paradox) since the holidays, but it'll pick back up once people start feeling that their New Year's resolutions are overrated ;D
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 341