Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138564 times)

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! (Year One Posted)
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2012, 06:20:04 pm »

Ha, this fort seems like a great idea. A GREAT IDEA.

Although I dont understand why people who dont/cant drink want to play. Why dont they play a sober succession game instead?
Oh and sleep deprivation is not the same as getting drunk  :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2012, 06:26:31 pm »

Do the obsidian swords actually cut things, by the by?
A little better than wood... I'm pretty sure even copper is a better choice.
I thought it was not horrible...

Although I dont understand why people who dont/cant drink want to play. Why dont they play a sober succession game instead?
Oh and sleep deprivation is not the same as getting drunk  :P
It's a cool idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2012, 06:42:04 pm »

See, there was a glitch for some time wherein obsidian had the same edge as any other stone, I.E none. I can't spawn them in the arena, so if someone would kindly post the combat logs of somep=one getting their shit beat by them, we coould check.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2012, 06:48:25 pm »

I don't see anything on the wiki about a bug.  Maybe it was fixed?

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2012, 07:58:39 pm »

Edit: Oh and Bobnova? I just checked legends, you were killed by the weremammoth. Sorry, man.

rofl
Beats dehydration due to stairway issues! Thanks for checking, good to know how I bought it.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 12, 2012, 08:08:48 pm »

Edit: Oh and Bobnova? I just checked legends, you were killed by the weremammoth. Sorry, man.

rofl
Beats dehydration due to stairway issues! Thanks for checking, good to know how I bought it.
Agreed. lol

From the magmawiki:
Rock short sword
Obsidian can also be made into obsidian shortswords with one log at the craftsdwarf's workshop. If you embark on an obsidian mountain or manage to reach magma before finding metallic ores, these are good at first to defend your fort from early wolf and giant eagle attacks, but weak in comparison to any metal, having difficulty cutting even mundane animal hides. ...
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 12, 2012, 08:09:53 pm »

Can anyone post a list of casualties thus far? I don't want to spoil the map for my turn.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2012, 08:11:50 pm »

So, Wrex, when do you plan on playing your turn, in case you know?

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2012, 08:12:57 pm »

Can anyone post a list of casualties thus far? I don't want to spoil the map for my turn.
I don't even think Siquo knows; he was missing some miners after digging into the magma tube of the volcano, though.

Drunkenness makes it hard to know what the HELL went on last night... I think he was probably too drunk to even let the game do more than just run for a year without stopping it (50% idleness?! BAHAHAHA)  :D

Tl;dr: This fort is going exactly as I hoped.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 12, 2012, 08:14:47 pm »

Speaking of which, I'm drunk right now.  Wasn't last night, but I overdid the whiskey mix.  I dislike asking for a skip of a turn, but if I could have permission?

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2012, 08:18:05 pm »

Speaking of which, I'm drunk right now.  Wasn't last night, but I overdid the whiskey mix.  I dislike asking for a skip of a turn, but if I could have permission?
I think Wrex is on; if you PM him and he agrees, I am completely fine with it! I did my first year already. I'm flexible--this game is just as much your guys' as mine (and even more so considering sheer numbers :P)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2012, 08:22:09 pm »

Just play, then Wrex can continue from your save if he wants.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2012, 09:13:44 pm »

So, if an obsidian blade has trouble cutting mundane hide (Which glass does not) It's safe to say it isn't cutting up to par. When I get the save, do you mind if I transfer the cutting values of glass to the obsidian raws?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2012, 09:23:57 pm »

So, if an obsidian blade has trouble cutting mundane hide (Which glass does not) It's safe to say it isn't cutting up to par. When I get the save, do you mind if I transfer the cutting values of glass to the obsidian raws?
I don't mind at all--it sounds underpowered anyway. Obsidian is sharp as HELL. The only problem is that it's brittle, but obsidian has no problem at all cutting through hide IRL. It'll shatter on armor, but exposed flesh? Nah.

Were you letting Jervill go? And if not, are you going off of the Siquo save? I'm just curious as to what the game plan looks like so far ;D

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2012, 09:39:25 pm »

Given the short amount of time a turn takes for this mode of play (I mean seriously, how many drunken days do you to spend playing one DF year?) it seems like a first drunk first serve might be the way to go.
Of course of Wrex is here and about to tackle a keg and he's next in line he ought to have priority. If he's not planning on getting smashed tonight and someone else is already well on their way to Dwarf Logic, I'd send them into action.

That, of course, is just me.

I have to admit that part of my reasoning is based on the fact that I may end up smashed and wanting to play DF at some point here, but I can rarely schedule my benders much ahead of time.
If such a system is adopted I'd like to put myself on the list of people who might show up pre-smashed and take a crack at not destroying the fortress completely.

EDIT:
Fixing obsidian makes good sense to me.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 341