Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1163342 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Four: Call of the Peach-faced Lovebird Men]
« Reply #1440 on: January 29, 2013, 09:14:47 am »

She has been online 24 hours after her last post, so she's probably still alive.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 29, 2013, 10:00:11 am »

That's definitely a plus.

Naryar if you're drunk and ready to take a turn, take a turn :D
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 29, 2013, 10:14:15 am »

That's definitely a plus.

Naryar if you're drunk and ready to take a turn, take a turn :D

I shalll take a turn very soon, but not just right now : later in the afternoon.

I was just wondering about the save.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:15:55 am by Naryar »

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 29, 2013, 11:17:29 am »

....Yeeeaaaah, that was embarrassing.  I managed to embark and start digging a hole, then I got distracted and fell asleep. >_>

Feel free to move on, I'll try again later.  I can upload the save if you want a hole in the ground to start from, lol.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 29, 2013, 11:19:37 am »

"Drunk Fortress: It's a Hole In the Ground, what more do you want?"

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: January 29, 2013, 12:05:12 pm »

Upload it! A turn is a turn! :D
how do I lizard Werewolf

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: January 29, 2013, 12:15:52 pm »

Good to see i'm not the only one randomly falling asleep...

I'm starting to drink, by the way. Duvel with lime, go go go !

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: January 29, 2013, 12:44:22 pm »

and that's one Duvel.

Edit : I'm going to the bar, they have Piraat belgian beer which I would really like to taste. I'll wait for CM's turn if she does upload it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:50:08 pm by Naryar »

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 29, 2013, 12:57:46 pm »

Yeah, here you go.  I...started some farms, I think, but it's pretty much a hole in the ground.  It'll save you the trouble of embarking at least, lol.

Edit: Also, I managed one screenshot, lol:

This was the just-embarked pic, so it's not very interesting.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 01:02:31 pm by Clover Magic »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: January 29, 2013, 01:22:35 pm »

OK, cool.

also i nearly vomited when finishing my piraat, and it was good.

2 strong beers have been drunk, at respectiveley 8,5° and 10,5°. I don't feel much alcohol in my blood which is weird, but that should come soon...

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: January 29, 2013, 01:47:53 pm »

Starting my turn !

What I have drunk already : 1 entire Duvel, 1 entire Piraat, a half of a Duvel

01:40 Well, what's up with this fort's tendencies to build HUUUUGE famr plots ? I mean, like football stadium farm plots ?

at least they are LESS absurdly big than in previous fort. Time to remove a few farm plots.
01:45 It's the 23rd of Granite, 118, early spring, an i haven't unpaused the fort yet.
01:49 Unpausing the fort... Well, we are visibly on 3x3 4 sqaures of temperate grassland and 2 squares of cold sand desert. One of these is savage considered i've got fuckng damn useles thrips men in the air. I wsh i had crossbows to kill them all.
01:51 FUN NEWS ! The desert is evil ! I'm going to swiftly make a defensive wall for this fort. Clover Magic has already dug a surprisingly straight bedroom complex at z-9, and the cverns are already at z-10 whih must be a record.
01:55 Ordering defensive perimeter around the 3x1 fort entry. Dwarf Rapist'ing the non-dig
ging dwarves into building it.
02:02 OK, visibly I fucked up with the ramps and the wall protection. THerefore cnceling CM's room digging stuff (it's not like we have enough rooms for 1-2 waves) Just finished my third beer, still not feeling really drunk at all... I'll drink another beer, I still have two in reserve.
02:08 : Well, the ramp system seems to be screwed. Because I build my bride at the wrong side. I'll be damned. Building upstair/downstair: it's so much easier.

02:11: Ordering mechanisms to be done. Maybe I should not put the mechanics right in the food zone. Oh well. it's temporary.
02:13: I am drunk in movement, it is obvious, but yet I do not feel that my mind is affected enough. Oh well, I've got some Chimay who's waiting for me. Go this !
02:17 Woodcutter's worshop wait what the fuck i am posting ? Carpenter's is made, as well as the defensive wall but the bridhe is not yet linked to a lever. Tthis should not ome too late. Beds will be swiftly done.
02:19 Nope, bridhe isn't done yet. Oh well, too soon to have blocks. taking a chug of my chimay with lime. Damn this, it's the fourth strong beer i'm drinking and no other effect than a buzz yet and slight loss of Dex ? There may be a probelm.
02:22 Digging a large piece at z-2 to do stoneworking sutfff. Because we don't have yet one, and it's the bakbone of good dwarven industyr.
02:25 It's the 20th of Slate, mid-spring. The embark is sedimentary, bedrockbeing claytsone, so it's up to mu glorious self to build the fort. There should be no fun in fist year, unless i really searh for it.
02:29 Well... i've been drinking 3 beers and i still feel like I drank two. Why is my spirit not affected ? damn. Is it drunkfot or slightly dunk fort ? Hmm.
07:13 Guess what happened ? That's right, I fell asleep. Damn it I just feel weak. Hopefully I am still slightly drunk and I got very nearly 2 chimays to finish.
07:21 There's a single eagle zombie in our map. This may prove problematic... also i was wrong earlier, it's 3x3, 2 tiles of evil temperate/cold desert, 2 tiles of temperate mountain and 5 tiles of temperate grassland/shrubland/savanna.
07:34 Well, Wrex and Bobnova are sleeping on the cold floor right next to each other. Start your shipping, people !
08:21 Still dinking !!! Locking door to avoid the eagle corpse.
08:28 Digging again with the rooms.

08:36 Well, I'm building the necessary stuff. still, mason, mechanic, crafstdwarf. also, there are two cats of different sexes. What have you done, Clover Magic ??!?!
08:43 I am trying to make a secure access to water. But nope. Bobnova is being interrupted by the eagle corpse. I guess it's time for violence.
08:45 Kill the eagle ! Rend his flesh ! More Blood for armok ! nevermind zombie eagles don't have blood
08:47 The eagle corpse is dead (well dead again), and Wrex is very unhappy for some reason? Why ! Have you not had a good fight ? Idiot wdarf !

08:51 This is my attempt at building a safe water access. I figured the water would not flow enough to make a goo cistern, and i don't want to break th caverns yet. (rnadom invulenrable FB, no thanks)
08:54 Why are you morons standing on the very tile you need to build a wall on ? Damn it, this supposedly smarter dwarf position upadate has brought so much bugs it's nearly worse than before. Opening main door

09:05 Water supply finished, with no problems. By that i mean FUN !! Wrex is still emo'ing for some reason. I have also made a good dining room, I don't want him to go berserk and ruin my ort.
09:08 Good news, wrex is no longer emo. Clover Magic is toiling in the workshop, making rock pots. I will put up a manvger soon because ordering all by hand is annoying. Ordering drinks to be made. also need bookkeeper.
It's 6th malachite, mid summer. I drunk every single drink I had. Dunno i I will stay slghtly drunk until the next year.
09:12 Well...about 10 seconds after I thought "holy shit still no migrants, what the uck is nappening", I get migrants. Yhe list :
-a farmer with only novice skills, eh it's nto cool but useful. Named Tholtig, so I name him/her appopriayely.
-an adequate appraiser. No other skills. Whoa it's like a legendary cheese maker.
-fisherdwarf and competent swordsdwarf. I shall chirsten him as my mighty name.
-a crafstdwarf, with nothing more than novice skill. Is no one in this world good ? I name him Bobnova 2, for lulz.
-anadequate butcher. I randomly decide he's a stormtrooper. FOR THE EMPIRE !
09:27 Well, I was trying to mod my previous drunkfort post instead of this onee. There must be something wrrrong with that..
anywayss wer re 12

damn it, what I would give for another drink. Too bad I drunk everything I had and it's far too late for getting drinks. Maybe I should load on more alcholol next time.
09:32 Xantalos is expedition leader now, along with all the other useful noble positions. Still have that buzz, wondering how hal-drunk i will stay.
09:38 Damn it, random zombie muskox attack. I got totally taken by surprise, hopefully the mighty naryar (the dwarf) has taken the offense. I order the rest squad in support. Charge ! Blood for the blood god !
09:42 Well... Naryar has fallen in battle, after killing 2 oxes in ranged combat, following by Sikquo. It's looking pretty damn bad. I am ordering the closing o the door. Hope the fort doesn't fall.
09:44 Xantalos has fallen in battle, and Clover Magic is currently being pursued by 3 zombie muskoxes. Damn it.

09:48 I do'nt think this will be the end of the fort. But my dwarves haven't even closed the door, considering the digging and MUST HAVE DEAD DWARF SOCK syndrome.
09:52 Well, Clover Magic is still running away from zombies. The fort is locked. I kinda want to save CM so I opened the door,but it was a bad idea...
09:55 Four dwarves are now outside, or is it three, pursued by zombie muskoxen. Well. That is an incredibly FUN first year. Oh well, evil tundra.
09:58 By some miracle, everyone is now inside, alive, and the bridge is locked. Problem solved, although unhappiness is still an issue.
Bobnova 1, Sixquo, Xantalos and Naryar are dead, that makes 8 dwarves. Two muskoxen have been named: Spitefulaura (which is amazingly fitting for an undead) and Throwadored (what the fuck ??)
10:01 The four undead muskoxen are still outside. I am ready to see the next migrant wave going all Yakety Sax, hopefully muskoxen aren't very fast. Why does this fort suddenly went from standard building story to survival horror that quickly ?
10:08 The fort is still going, we're in the end of summer. We only have one pick, one battle axe, no metals at all (even in sedimentary), no coal, and not enough wood to make some.I'm not feeling drunk at all. I will still finish the year.
10:12 Two zombe muskoxen, including Spitefulaura, are trying to catch the water buffalo cow we came with. I should play a bit o yakety sax. autumn has also come in the fort.
10:16 Yeah, i'm gonna open Fraps and follow the wate buffalo cow (water buffalo xoàw. It's funny nalme, right ?) with some yakety sax as soundtrack. always funny).
10:20 oh wait, why bother with fraps when DF has an inbuilt movie feature ?
10:24 I filmed a bit of animal pursuit, i'll be sure to upload some. Maybe I should continue to build stuff.
10:28 More exploratory mining. There is not a single damn ore on this eembark !!! amusingly I am still moving like a drunk but I don't feel that drunk.
10:31 Well... considering I don't feel any alcoholic efect on my mind via alcohol, I'll stop here. It's the 22nd of Limestone, early autumn. There is more than enough drink, food stocks will be enough for 1 or 2 seasons more. No more zombie muskoxen, although there is now a tiercel peregrine corpse in the air. It was a fun 3/4ths of a year.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:35:39 pm by Naryar »

codyorr

• Bay Watcher
  • Alcohol is how I make DF more !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: January 29, 2013, 06:02:11 pm »

I'll kick in here one of these days. Longtime alcoholic here. :D Shit, I'm drunk right now but early awaiting the rest of the chapter!

I read every single post up to this point.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 06:30:05 pm by codyorr »
A rotting horse corpse since 201. !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: January 29, 2013, 07:50:00 pm »

lol I just checked in to give you some grief for falling asleep too. That's funny!

Drink more and play more!
how do I lizard Werewolf

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 29, 2013, 08:14:06 pm »

Apparently this site induces narcolepsy, hahaha.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: January 29, 2013, 08:21:02 pm »

I am just raising morale with that : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-gSJW3sHXE

cuz it's 100% manly

I'll continue playing.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 341