Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1158357 times)

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!![Brave New World: Hey Urist, Watch This!]
« Reply #1650 on: April 07, 2013, 08:54:09 am »

Definitely going to start sober and slowly get hammered next time, judging from my comments I spent the entire time trying to download the fort instead of actually playing it.

Yeah, downloading the fort while still sober is highly recommended.  So is testing that you can actually open the save in DF and take a screenshot.

In fact, maybe we should have an official list of "things to do before getting drunk", something like this:
  • Download the latest save and the Lazy Newb Pack (optional but recommended) and uncompress them.
  • Make sure you can actually open the save in DF, and that the init setting etc. are the way you want them.
  • Try taking a screenshot.
  • Check your drinks supply, buy more if needed.
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: April 08, 2013, 08:33:11 am »

Is the "Hell Hole" that waterfall thing to the west of depot?

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: April 08, 2013, 10:45:02 am »

Is the "Hell Hole" that waterfall thing to the west of depot?

I assume so, based on this (and the fact that the channels one z-level lower are, indeed, full of expired dwarves):

stopy duing dwarves.  why yo die at this hellole.  what is this reservior.

Spoiler: Hellhole (click to show/hide)

A rather charming detail to note is that the drinking water supply for the entire fort runs through those same corpse-filled channels.  I guess now we know why dwarves generally avoid drinking water. :D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:49:31 am by vyznev »
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: April 08, 2013, 09:09:53 pm »

I applaud all you brave drunken souls for fighting the dangers of Magma, Flooding, Drunken Confusion, and Dwarven Stupidity.  May your drinks be delicious and your fabric vomit free.  Also, we need to fix some stuff up!
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: April 11, 2013, 09:43:59 pm »

I'm going to eat, check out the fortress and start drinking. I will probably continuously edit this post. I am also very prone to distraction when I'm the least bit inebriated so don't expect miracles. Any challenge stuff I should make note of?

Before:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT1: Now I remember why I don't like sambuca shots. first down, sipping water and/or premixed margarita stuff THAT DOES NOT HAVE GOLD QUALITY TEQUILA like it states! May go on to the teamspeak channel advertised on fortress mode- Holy hell I'm a cheap drunk, I'm starting to feel it.- discussion - False alarm, I can still spell, second shot - ok now I'm starting to feel it.

10:21 didn't look before drinking, correcting every eight letter, lets, go! No miners? *loads up therapist*
10:23 That's a funky idea for outlining trees.
10:25 fixed, also unhappy dwarves started-fixing um. notified boyfriend of stupidity.
10:30 all women with children named breeder and made either miners or maybe weavers? checks stocks. lol 2 buckets of magma, maybe a problem later.
10:39 thats a lot of bodies in the watter source.
10:40 tired already, what's on the boob tube/mix another drink-bathroom going to go lots of times,

10:46 oh, pers of int, likey, set elementary after. terrible commercial. whoops, left ging, several animals grew up. set stray cavysows to butcher.
 1059 new butcher.
10:05 what forgotten beast? argh I forgot how much I liked that intro.
10:18 butchering extra animals
Edit 2: working on third shot, second drink. Also this version of sherlock is an asshole. (watching rerun)
11:36 what the hell is with these huge area's undrground ment to be dug- meh, I'll leave them, building seige warren.
11:40 3rd slate save init edit load.
11:42 parents with children rename breeder, truing to remember what else- meh, it'll come. tired nothing worth pics yet.
11:46 third shot done,second drink halfway done, really started talkng to myself out loud. pretty normal for a long term drunkeness.
11:50 mood already!? Heartless bastard, seems legit. no way just miserble as is Sibrek Idcubor...
12:02 feeling tired, eating the occasional bear cracker-seemed appropriate.
12:13 ghost been put to rest 1 down, 3 to go.
12:15 pring fourth shot.
12:20 watching criimal minds sort of.
12:25 GUNNAR ROCKSTAR has been found dead from dehydration.
12:39 some guy with a fractuered leg refuses diagnosois... made generic puppy/kitty cage. will mark later.\
12:40 STUCK LIMONITE fuel baby! no wait that's lignite... IRONNN !!!! time to start proper steel production. found something everyone needed, taking shot.
EDIT: 3 : taken fourth shot

12:47 getting more bear crackers and another shot- sambuca is not my favorite shot.
12:50 seems like 11fps
1253 afer all this betrayel this coountry was easy I've seen this before.
1:00 watching doctor who. never mind best of episode.funniest home videos.
1:06 maybe after digging the vein out.
1:14 the migrants were mostly left to haul, medics were specialized. I shuld choose someone to name: picked a trapper that was estatci,m she looked interestoing.
118 lol cat singing bday card, yay reruns! cat lady/man maybe?
1:21 wait what possesion, i dint sanctiont hatQ!
1:25 figgen germans a gin is overkill.
1:30 wait lolwat? running ACROSS WARER also possed claimed workshop.
135 galena +logs.... ok Nagalkast?
1:38 fake lottery ticke pout awesome.
140 fifth shot not drink away. stall becausee of laughing on tV NOTE: prolly closer to 2 ounces at this point.
marrygo round fun
150 unamed admin misssing, assumed becoua of vamppy. also galena ring- nothing special, shame.... yep, confirmed, oh well, not like he was useful...
1:52 what's grampa say: *farting noises*
1:54 prohibiting flasks... meh.
Edit 5: getting another shot.

4th felsite, debatiing on nap...
2:02 deciciated brewer, dedicated cook, we should nbe ok/... watching house
211 stomach iffy switching to water for while.
217 ppuked, going on justy water for while, leftver rice till losing buzz.
237 feeling better. going to finish the rest and 1hr before drinking more. scheduled kittem viewing afterward.
16th felsit, might go down for a nap...
259 merchants here, kobolds running around goig for nap after water finnished. TOO CUTE!!!
3:02 oh right mentalist. meh, not going online.
525 sorry gy's summmer is all she wrote.

anyways I'msorry my drunk/till puke/is useless. put the rest latter.

The next day:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:51:02 pm by Necrisha »
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Stadekxiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: April 11, 2013, 11:54:37 pm »

Good luck. Dolwin's post outlines the potential issues you may run into.
Signature.. Right. I should probably get one of those.

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: April 12, 2013, 07:28:09 am »

I'm going to eat, check out the fortress and start drinking. I will probably continuously edit this post. I am also very prone to distraction when I'm the least bit inebriated so don't expect miracles. Any challenge stuff I should make note of?

I think the challenge is to make it through a year without passing out or killing the fort. :D  But do feel free to build yourself an impressive (and/or incomprehensible) legacy.  Maybe a mist generator in the dining hall?  Or a massive goblin grinder (preferably not in the dining hall :D).  Or finish the pump stack and flood the surface with magma!

Most excellent. :D  Don't worry about not finishing the year, that happens.  Looking forward to the rest of the update once you're feeling better.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: April 12, 2013, 09:31:07 am »

That was a wonderful evolution of drunk, lol.
Also, deciciated dwarves have been an issue before! Dessicated, anyway.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Stadekxiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: April 12, 2013, 10:09:51 am »

Most excellent. :D  Don't worry about not finishing the year, that happens.  Looking forward to the rest of the update once you're feeling better.
What he said. I barely managed three days in game, myself. (though that's likely because I was so drunk I couldn't see straight before I even downloaded the fort :P)

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: April 12, 2013, 11:28:30 am »

Good turn Necrisha!  Sounds like the fort is doing pretty well.

10:05 what forgotten beast? argh I forgot how much I liked that intro.
Does this mean we have a FB, or that there were rumors of a FB that are not true?

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: April 12, 2013, 02:29:45 pm »

Start drinking, you're bound to find out eventually :D

Half tempted to take a turn tonight.
Half tempted to not have a hangover tomorrow for disc golf.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: April 12, 2013, 03:00:54 pm »

You know what's really funny; I wasn't even wobbly yet. normally puking was at least 2 shots after wobbly.  basically at three I puked, cleaned myself up, had some extra rice from supper and once that seemed to settle I took a nap. the last entry was when I woke up and decided bed was a better idea than playing. I would have played longer after my nap but my body would reject any alcohol after that, so I decided shutting down might be a better choice. I don't think I'm going to be shooting sambuca if there's a next time. prolly vodka.

I think my legacy is the next player instantly loading up a migrant wave and booze/easy meals running on auto. Also a cage on the farming level where all the puppies/kittens are being stashed for FPS purposes. I think I marked a possible vamp but I haven't checked through everybody. there are still three ghosts running about and slabs are being made. last time I checked therapist I made sure the most unhappy individuals had time to check out the dinning room. the mayor still needs his dinning room and crap. Also I slept through the elves... I don't even know if there's an ambush around- one kobold was killed, one escaped with nothing. the female parent with babies are named breeder, I played fairly conservatively.

I will be adding pictures to the above post. here's the file:http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7565

EDIT:  to this
Does this mean we have a FB, or that there were rumors of a FB that are not true?

a stupid dorf got scared and cancelled, supposedly because of an FB. I never actually saw it in the units list so not sure what to say really.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:17:18 pm by Necrisha »
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Stadekxiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: April 15, 2013, 12:33:17 am »

Drunk edit: You staterd in galena, moron, I thnk. (Please fele free to correct){And yes, I skip aroun a bit. I appologiz in advance for the sudden changes in apparent dunkennes.}

As the previous guy (girl?) person said, I'll edit this along the way and post pics in the morning

Alright, time to try this again and with any luck I'll get a bit more done this time. Starting sober to download the fort and load it up. Wish me luck!

I've got a bottle of Captain Morgan and a 2-liter of orange soda, a combination a friend assures me tastes just like a creamsicle:

Time to pour the first drink... :o That is good.
*A very short time later* First cup down, on to the game!

First thing's first, I better dorf myself before I forget how to spell my name.. I think I'll take one of the mechanics. Stadek Idsat, has a nice ring to it, I like it.

Right, now to take a nice long look at the fort itself.. The hell? you'd think it'd be easier to make sense of this shit with only one drink... fuck it, I'm chuggine this cup. Yummy XD

(Note, I'm not sure how much I'm putting in each cup, but it's a 750 ml bottle, and it'll be gone by the end of my turn, or rather sooner at this rate.)

Lessee... tfirst order of buisness is to build my dorf a nicer room.

Didn't know where the lever for the outer bridge is, so I just build another (Almost directly below it, whoever is up later) Starting to feel pretty good, if anyone is wondering.

Posting what I've got for now before I lose it (or someone ursurps me accidentally) Where are the workshops?

Made a new stockpile for just wood, I didn't like it cluttering the main one so much.

Uh oh, puppies. Puppiesplosion maybe?

By the way,m is there any way to auto pause once a month comes up?

Oh, they's why the new wood stockpile didn't get anything. Who made a new wood stockpile without removing wood from the main stockpile?

nother drink ,too weak needs more alcohold..

would now be a good time to state I'm a noob? Im still on my first fortress, which is at 1.5 years, so expect !fun!

I think I started around 11:30. It's 1am and i dont ave any clue ewwahts going on.. shit, that[s some bad typing..
\
Danm it, I said that earlier, didn't I'?. screw t, I'll do this shit even if it gives me alcohol poisining (uliikely, gor thouse of ypou worried... I dring a lot more most times regatdless of how I seem.)

awting for mote than 3 idlers for thje next shiznet.

Wait! Sqving then editing once again afterward.

For the record, this is the point where I even sat I'm drunk. this is where the !fun! starts, my friends.,

In oteer news, I am done with half my bottle of captain morgasn... I started at a bit past 11:30 and it's now 1:11.

Ive dtuck prise. whatr's prais?

shit. Aban Cattenzugob has been found dead, dehydrated. I better tell these alcoholics some drinking holes naw.<

shit how do you o that?

WOOT i figured it out. I then W!

why the hell did he get dehydrated? he has drinks, accotding to 'z'... is it teh vvampire?

starting to get tired.. and I'm barelt speloing badlty now...

Sjit!b coml=plerely unrelated=, gimme somethin to listen to plz...

however many times I say galena, forgive me, Im just triying to make sire I rmeer it.

Okay, at this point, I have no ide what's going on. I'm actully surpicesed I can type staraght.. Somewhat. The Stray dog has been slaughtered >(

gotta take a piss (sorry fotr the t.m.i. crowd out there.

'kay, can'ty see staraight nawm... wow that saw bad.. back to df, no more narrartating..

Need to get all this stine up naw.

where the hell is the stockpile for that shiz?
\

(for the frcord, that's the third time II've typed into the forumj without switching to df...

aww.. stray dog has been slaughteres.. how cruel.

for the recod, did the miners get exempt from hauling?

Edit: Unknown: was gonna say something, but forgot, sorry. there is a certain wall that is not being broken...

adding 'miner ' tp evertyone whose bored... (no job(

something tells me thiss gonna end badlty... one way or antoerh.,

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:36:55 am by Stadekxiel »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: April 15, 2013, 02:28:23 am »

bottle of captain morgasn...
Ghegheghe :)

For related music, I recommend Korpiklaani:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7kJRGPgvRQ

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Stadekxiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: April 15, 2013, 10:20:27 am »

This is what I woku up to (Yes, still drunk), in the form of another edit. I figured this would go better as a separate post.

something tells me thiss gonna end badlty... one way or antoerh.,

In other news, excuse myt internet connectiuo, weve been having issued which I can barely fix sober. will try all I can think of to get aback on to df..

Well I saw a few friends on facebook. I'll be baclk to screw this back u-p later ,my friendw.

Dan it.. Screwed up all my tabs. One sec, guys/.

Distracted and buzzed on facebook. Just a little while, friends...

Okay, thejn... distracted by facebooks., in other news, my closest friends are doing better than I am, annoying as it is,.

Well,m that was half an hour wasted by chatting witl old friends.,.

Well.. .Fukc. I ned more alcohol to continue this shit.

roughly 11:45 tpo 12:45, facebook chatting with old frinds.

WEll damn. Too muych timne on facebook, can;t remembver what the hwll I was doing.

Some asshole has been found devoif fo blood. shizz...

whell.. fukc. where was I>

shit, almost spilled my drink..

another stray has been slaughtyeres :(

I think Im uzed.

EDIT: SOMETHIJG: save smpt..

FINAL EDIT:Aaand I woke up at 10am, finding myself still buzzed and firefox screwed up and stopped responding at an unknown point during the night, so I'm unsure how much I did before I collapsed. Will upload in a bit.

FINAL FINAL EDIT: Jeex, I got a fair aamount done, but I still didn't last long, damn it all. My playstyle of "Pause until you have it done" doesn't work well while drunk. I don't remember much of note happening to take screenshots of, but from the looks of it, I killed all the war dogs somehow.

Siquo: Thanks for the tunes, I found your link open in another tab despite no memory of clicking it, so I must have liked it :D

Here's the save. This time I made it from Galena to Sandstone. A definite improvement over last time :P: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7577

By the way, whoever's next, you have a dwarf screaming about wood, metal bars, and bone. Good luck.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:41:44 am by Stadekxiel »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 341