Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138955 times)

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!![Brave New World: Hey Urist, Watch This!]
« Reply #1680 on: April 28, 2013, 03:06:22 am »

oh man this is difficult, lo. Might be a biiiiitn drunk... The current shto level is roughly 2x what is listed below, bere here is the log:

7:34PM:  Opened the fort to make sure it works, looked around. WTF happened to this cat?!

8:29PM: OK, six hots in, 4 in the last 20m, I'm ready for this.
Realized I haven't eaten since noon. Oops. Made a frozen pizza, have eaten 2 slives. It's pretty tasty, premium high quality Baron Von Richtoffen Pizza.

8:49: still haven't started yet. Should drink another couple dhots and eat some pizzas and start alraedy.
According to the game, there's a siego on. This could go poorly. WAR CAVE DRAGONS WTF!?

9:05pm: Whaaaaat the hell? The "Marksdwarf" squad has no ammo and will not pick up ammo. Something is FUBAR. I need to recreate.
There's a shitpot of hammergobgobs right outside the wall that I want to shooooooot~

9:08: HAHA! ROUNDS DOWNRANGE FUCKERS! DIE DIE DIE!!!!  Hammergobs are elsewhere, now. Screw them. Now to assassinate the bowgobs....

9:09: Taking a shto in celebration.

9:17: Fuck, vampire. DRUNKEN JUSTICE TIME>!  I need to make some chains.  Also, another shot. Poor dead Asmel. 
9:36th: 18 felsite: HA! No more siege. Guess they got bored. The Trap Corridor of Doom isn't complete, I'll hault it, no reason to spend resources. Now that I've broken the siege (first time ever for DDF?) I'll take another shot, and build something.

9:39: Holy crap we have a lot of iron. I know what to do with this! It's time to make STEEL!
If I can, I've never actually managed it before. That's a bit emebarassing to admit, really. I feel pretty pr0 sometimes at DF, but there's a ton of stuff I haven't done. Mostly I'm pro cause I can successfully manage a fortress for ~5 years till it hits 200 d00ds and implodes. Kind n00bish, really. Oh well. 

9:45pm: In an effort to find the Iron Bridge lever, I am pulling ever lever oe by one.
Also, the Mayor Enisea Lazlimul has ended a mandate. HOLY SHIT I forgot to dorf people. My bad! I'll take a shot in penance.  I'm making a bunch of lead chains for criminals, need to make a jial. Also, I'm going to try to (partially) block off the Pool of Doom.

9:49: Holy crap we have a lot of coffins. Excellent.   Built 100 of the.

9:56: ELVES! I SHALL KILL THEM WITH ARROWS AND HAMMERS AND STUFF! Also making some slabs for some ghosts. Also taking a shot.

10:18: whoops, guess I'm female.

10:19: Migrants! Who cares?Dont overload this shit motherfuckers. I'm going to be pissed if it's me that does the fort in for a chance. Gso far I haven't! I ran it into the ground when someone released the Clowns of Clowning, an I set someone up for a Firey Dwarf Failure once (oops), but I haven't officially killed it yet!

10:23p, (2nd galena): holy crap we habe a lot of dogs. Let's see if I can remember how to train em into war gods. also, I'm drunk. Also, I'ma take a shot. I'm confident so I'ma let it run while I acquire my vodka outta the fereezer. The thermocouple thermometer said it was up to 4.,5°C (yes, I have the ascii code for ° memorize, it's alt+248. I have µ memorized too. I do too many computer power supply reviews) so I tossed it into the freezer. Otherwise it'd be sitting next to me wrapped in Armaflex sleeving to keep it nice and cold. Of course I took it out and it had ice all over it, throwing the Thermocouple reading into doubt. i need to rip the calibration trimmer off and find out what calue it is so I can replace it. I'll do it after i take this shot.

10:39PM: MASS REASSIGN! We have like wo fucking metal dorfs. That will not stand. Reassigned 75% of the Fishing Force to Metal Crap. WE NEED STEEL GODDAMNIT! When I see the first steel bar, I'ma take another shot.

10:43: ordered the trade despot dumped. I wonder whre our dump i.s  Yay for Madhinehead

11:01: Oh yeah, Dorunk Fortress! Planted a vunch of slabs, taking a shot for it. Some dipshit was just found drowned. Probably related to me trying to close off the Death Pond. taking a shto for it.

11:03pm: Oh shit. Found a thief, assigned kilelrs to it, they found an ambush. GHOLE THE FUCK YP IME!

11:15pm: Seeing as nobody has figured out what my raws edit when I genned the world (ahh the glory, being the dude the genned the Drunker Fortress world. Few peo[ple understand, but it's one hell of a glorious position!), here's a SS with a couple clues: 

1:26th PM: 11th limestone: Holy jusis crunk I', drik. lol. O hwell, I'm Doing It Right, I guess. In any event we've had a gobbo ChildThief and a Go bboMasterChildThief in the space of a single day, I've deployed The Guards to outside th Iron Gate to thwart future attemps. Fuck their couch.

12:17 am: some 4 (I think) shots later, my attention span has lapsed and I can no longe rmanage DDF.
Dring this turn we have FUCKING DOMINATED a siege, urdred some misc. shitheadsm and genereallled ruled. GP DORFS!

Save:  http://www.epic-hw.com/pics/DDF7/DrunkerFortress.zip
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:43:49 am by Bobnova »
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 28, 2013, 02:27:19 pm »

oh man this is difficult, lo. Might be a biiiiitn drunk... The current shto level is roughly 2x what is listed below, bere here is the log:

Ooh, excellent! :D

Realized I haven't eaten since noon. Oops. Made a frozen pizza, have eaten 2 slives. It's pretty tasty, premium high quality Baron Von Richtoffen Pizza.

You have pizza named after the Red Baron?

11:15pm: Seeing as nobody has figured out what my raws edit when I genned the world (ahh the glory, being the dude the genned the Drunker Fortress world. Few peo[ple understand, but it's one hell of a glorious position!), here's a SS with a couple clues: 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ah, nice... playing with the ethics tags, I see. ;)

BTW, I realized why nobody had commented on my raw changes: they've somehow disappeared entirely! :(  My last save has them, but the next one (Dolwin's) doesn't. ???  I think it might be the Lazy Newb Pack's fault -- it seems to overwrite raws if you tell it to update saves to use your current graphics pack.

Anyway, since my attempt at subtlety failed, I might as well reveal what I changed.  If somebody wants to reapply the changes I made, here's a patch:
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 28, 2013, 04:04:42 pm »

Yeah the LNP keeps a set of raws for each graphical setup. I edited them for the ethical stuff, though I didn't need to for this. From what I've read ethics are only checked at worldgen time, and are compiled (so to speak) into the world after that.

I love watching dead goblins get carted underground, it makes me happy. Elves too, like the caravan I cleaned up.

EDIT:
Yup, Red Baron Pizza is a frozen pizza brand here. Kind of odd, but whatever. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maq4ca0yJ11rrov60o1_1280.jpg
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 04:06:13 pm by Bobnova »
how do I lizard Werewolf

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: April 28, 2013, 05:56:04 pm »

I love watching dead goblins get carted underground, it makes me happy. Elves too, like the caravan I cleaned up.

So can you sell the *chopped elf liver biscuits* back to the elves? ;)
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 28, 2013, 08:24:21 pm »

It's... uhh, it's draltha!

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: April 29, 2013, 11:43:27 am »

The fortress stands!! (kudos Bobnova)
It is time for me to organize a party at +Lead Table+

For the record, what month is it now?

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: April 29, 2013, 05:13:35 pm »

I don't know. I think it's early autumn, but by the time I saved and uploaded I'd drank maybe 500-550ml of 40% vodka and wasn't overly coherent.
how do I lizard Werewolf

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: April 30, 2013, 08:56:55 am »

As long as you don't mix sawdust into them, no problem.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 02, 2013, 10:28:05 pm »

*Stumbles in*

Thurshty thursday: strikes again
4 beers, 0 food, why not?  Better than the dwarf ratio I hear, anyways.

Maybe a hangover is guaranteed for tomorrow, but I was thurshtey

Figured out how to load the fort, whidch is alsways goodQ!!!

It is 3 sandstone.  Sandstone breaks apart pretty easy... but our fort will NOT.

Found a new bedroom level and decided to build some things.

Not sure where our 10000's ovf bars came from, need to fins some thing to build with the metal that we have every where. 

Shit.  There are 2 new bedroom levels.  I'll never finisht this.

Found a huge block of coffins below the beds.  Designated them all.  Nice work, someone!

I found what looks like a magma pump stack with some power from the neuclear reactor.  Might try to build it if we have suppliuer.

There is so much I don't understand.

For some reason my dwarf is a woman, and the manager.  I fixed some parts or this. 

Last beer, feeling tireer.
We have so many war gods in cages v)v whay>?

Some kind of shit just showed up.  Who cares?  Not me, no lie.
It killed a fishery worker, but we dropped it!  =P Naaa!

A dwarf caravan is coming, is as ked for the guys to move some valueables to the depot, but maybe we hav  more to trade.?  Good luck next over-see-er.

Took a reak and dwarfed a few people.  Probably more we could do but we are doing good righ tnow.
Ending is late autumn <Timber>

Note: Don't forget to trade!  And some of the nobles need rooms now.

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7629

((no pictures are important, there are only2))

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 02, 2013, 11:49:52 pm »

lol, I love the quick thrash-through mini-turn!
That was me with the coffins, I knew I was forgetting something. We have a ton of 'em, I think someone set a shop or two on repeat. A lot of 'em are masterwork I think, I kept seeing a message pop up about some dorf making snazzy stuff.
That's my reactor too, though my feed system was a bit more sedate. And my abandoned pump stack, for that matter :P

We're getting close to year six! Go us!
how do I lizard Werewolf

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 09, 2013, 02:50:42 pm »

Who's going to take a crack at getting into year6?
how do I lizard Werewolf

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 10, 2013, 01:10:16 pm »

Yes.  We know who you are, person with a large hoard of drinks and some spare time.

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 10, 2013, 02:46:13 pm »

I might take another crack at this.  It feels like it hasnt been long enough since my last turn though (where a lot of dwarves died)...

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 10, 2013, 05:10:35 pm »

You should be save, Dolwin.  Looks like 6 peple have gone by my calculations:

======================
Progress Update:

drunkER fortress Begins
Year One: Demdemeh (+Wife)
Year Two Start: Bobnova
Year Two Winter: Flanderbland
(abandoned)

War Gods Era
Reclaim: Ruhn
Year One Finish: Vyznev
Year Two: Korbac
Year Three Spring: Vyznev
Year Three Finish: Dolwin
3 Days: Stadekxiel
Year Four Spring: Necrisha
Year Four Mid: Stadekxiel
Year Four Finish: Enisea
Year Five Start: Bobnova
Year Five Autumn: Ruhn

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 14, 2013, 03:44:07 pm »

It has been a long time since I last took a turn. A long long time.  It is time to correct that.

I will blunge your carefully crafted fort into the depths of drunkenness and wreck up (Wrex up?) the place like I used to in the earlier days of Drunken fort. Remember that turn during which I destroyed the fort, reclaimed it, passed out and lost up the save and pictures and basically just screwed up the whole fort? It is one of those turns now.

I will stop correcting my spelling errors and start the mayhem soon. 1.5l of 15% stuff down, more to be drunk soon.  ;D
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 341