Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1164959 times)

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Fowl Weather: Not-so-sober Undead Avian Embark Year 1]
« Reply #1965 on: September 20, 2013, 02:09:51 am »

Ok, the caravan has come and gne. For shits, I requested extra nickel next year. Have fun, wheover that ends up being.

A migrant wasve jsut vame too, I dorfed myself as the immigrant who happend to show up at the depot, since nobody knew how to trade. Now I"m operating the magma furnaces, chruning out silver and copper for whoever decides to take nteh xte tuern.

Praise Armok.

12:14

HOLY SHIT. A fishery worker just fucrakng couhgt fire. I don't know how. It was ni the asame place as the miner, though. Like, he just walked along the edge of the volcano, and then POOF. Fucking !!fishery worker!!

...oddly, it's only the fishery workers' right mitten that is on fire. But even though I forbitd it, he still insists on wearing it.

even in death, the dwarf insists upon good fashion. :(

- 12:20

This is... curiosu. The fisherdwarf with the flaming mitten emits no smoke, and the itten hasn't degraded at all... nor has the dwarf asually sufferend any injuries. I'm not sure what to think here.

I'll be finishing soon. The enxt overseer will have to deal with (and possibly weaongisnze0 thiks perpauslly on fire wdar.f
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 02:20:24 am by DS »
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: September 20, 2013, 02:23:48 am »

Ok, good fortuen that our mason isn't dead. So our coffin industry is totallly up and running.
That sums it up.

Great turns, guys, and it looks like an awesome location :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 20, 2013, 03:46:00 am »

Ok, here we go.

A new metalworking induzxtry is up, and I'm out. Good luck to whoever decides to take it next.

Also, keep an eye on the dwarf that is perp[etually on fire. Just FYI.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 03:47:57 am by DS »
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: September 20, 2013, 04:24:06 am »

Perpetually burning dwarves ? Hell yes !

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: September 20, 2013, 06:35:39 am »

Welp. Let's see what happens when !!Urist McFisheryworker!! gets thirsty. :o
(And no, I've never figured out how to do the ASCII symbol.)

Good turn!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: September 20, 2013, 06:41:19 am »

Welp. Let's see what happens when !!Urist McFisheryworker!! gets thirsty. :o
Sadly booze isn't explosive or flammable.  :'(

Interesting turns. The new world seems nice.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: September 20, 2013, 11:26:16 am »

3 turns in one day is awesone  8)
Is it the volcanoe, or some other evil effect causing these random fire s I wonder?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: September 20, 2013, 11:37:32 am »

Well, this is quite obvious. That fisherdwarf was feeling so dwarven he tried to fish from the lava with his hands.

Then his mitten was set on fire, but the fire was so afraid of the dwarf he surrounded him without harming him and now we have a fisherdwarf perpetually surrounded with fire as a testament to his badassery.

Put it in the army asap and kill goblins with a perpetually burning !!axelord!!. I mean how utterly cool is that ?

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [World Drunk III!]
« Reply #1973 on: September 20, 2013, 12:21:53 pm »

Totally agree with military duty.  If he is that immune to fire then when he wrestles something it will burn up and he is still fine.

I just have to quote this, might be good for OP even.
HOLY SHIT. A fishery worker just fucrakng couhgt fire. I don't know how. It was ni the asame place as the miner, though. Like, he just walked along the edge of the volcano, and then POOF. Fucking !!fishery worker!!

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: September 20, 2013, 01:16:27 pm »

lol yeah that's one of the better ones, really.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: September 20, 2013, 01:33:40 pm »

Ow, my liver.

Yeah, that dwarf's mitten was on fire all winter. Didn't show any wear at all, and nothing else around it has caught fire. Odd.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: September 20, 2013, 01:54:12 pm »

Ow, my liver.

Yeah, that dwarf's mitten was on fire all winter. Didn't show any wear at all, and nothing else around it has caught fire. Odd.

Temp is on ? Is it a vampire ?

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: September 20, 2013, 02:06:58 pm »

Checked the save. The dwarf will go to sleep and die from blood loss (burning) while sleeping in his bed

Edit: This save is tempting me. Again.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 03:24:35 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: September 20, 2013, 04:33:25 pm »

Checked the save. The dwarf will go to sleep and die from blood loss (burning) while sleeping in his bed

Do it.

I may take a proper turn tomorrow, right now I don't have enough booze to follow you on this now.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: September 20, 2013, 04:41:24 pm »

Curious. That dwarf slept a couple times during my turn and was apparently fine. Temperature was on, too, as evidenced by the miner who burst into flames earlier in my turn.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 341