Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138545 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [World Drunk III!]
« Reply #1980 on: September 20, 2013, 04:52:02 pm »

Started a tirms. Turn

I don't have overly much to drink tonight. Just a 0.5dl bottle of wine and da pint of 9% homemade stout. Downed half of the wine
Fprt looks nice. No enemies.

burning dorf is sleeping and smoking,
Died in a cloud of smoke

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EVERY damn time I play I start a priject that fails but THIS time I will finish my project.
A copllapsable magmamoat sourrounded fortress.

Every jobless bum is now miner
Copper picks on repeat construction? I love you. I LOVE YOU!
MINE MINIEOS! MINE!

WHAT? An aquifer? We ca go around but WE WONT! THE DWARVEN WYA IS TO BAS H HEAD AGAINST OBSTACLE UNTIL WE GET THROUGH!
A game of dwarven chicken. water and cforf. which will yealrd first?
Obsidian! We will make hte aquifer into obsidian!
MINE MINIONS!

Marble weapon rack
need floodgates .magmasafe crap.

Projecdtr begins
mo craftsforkshops. None around
need them for booze

need to drop magma on magma. Water on magma. ponds. too much down there

ened to get more drunksome lovecraft historical society music.
well project. complain on no watersouce. Will give em a watersauice. Well in dining room

Big wave of migrants.
Miners. Every ingle one of them.
Yes.
Nice

magma disappearing. two layors ready to dig

More crages . Graves. Just in case
15 or so minres can make miracles in a year
humans. gfood. tkae waht is ours. they bring it to our hlands, it is ours now

fpood? i suppoes i ordered some to be made. I t hink. Yes, pretty sure they have something to eat in addition to htier beards
prokect mbedrooms

digging deeper into obsidian
AQUIFER BEWQARE! THE DORFS ARE COMING!
Searched for digging music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVmCtXaGnXY
DIggy diggy hole!
Damn that song is crappy but suits DF

wait. this wornt work. need to think. project nearly complete but wont work like thsi
dug some more. will work now but with unneeded supporst.
oops. too mch magam. will have to burn a few dorfs and rooms but it si ok. nothing important lost

ready to satht
dorf ruhn immune to magma. too thin. Corpulent.
Ruhn still not giving a shit about magma.
surcived in magma for fweeks. now dieing by drowning in 6-7magma

Tested save. the mechanism works. somewhat. YESH! !!SCIENCE!!

Sober enough to post the save. Unusuakl
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7992
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 06:56:48 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: September 20, 2013, 05:37:33 pm »

Copper picks on repeat construction? I love you. I LOVE YOU!

Haha, yeah. I had intended them for weapon traps, but mining works too.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: September 20, 2013, 06:27:01 pm »

Omfg lol.

What I really enjoy is that the single most played Drunk Fortress day of all time, with THREE turns in one day (in the US, anyway) was a Thursday. Not even a weekend.  You guys rule.

Also omfg lol the fortress so far, and at scruffy's turn so far. HELL YES to picks on Auto.
Put Collect Sand and Green Glass Something Awesome (or, coffin) on auto too :D
An entire fortress of miners and glassdorfs.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: September 21, 2013, 02:23:35 am »

Very dwarven turn, Scruffy.

I will take another turn this day. So, what's to do in the fort.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: September 21, 2013, 11:55:06 am »

Very dwarven turn, Scruffy.

I will take another turn this day. So, what's to do in the fort.
I entirely neglected the militia and industry to concentrate on mining, so perhaps check the militia and make new magma forges (old ones don't have magma atm)
There haven't been any invasions except for thieves so the fortress is pretty open for enemies. The fort has been peaceful and food plentiful thanks to looted caravans. Other than that  I don't know.
Oh, and bedrooms/diningroom could perhaps be improved and we don't have accurate bookkeeping.

Bah, just do what your drunken little mind thinks is for the greater good. There is no reason to let old previous overseers to dictate what to do ;D
I look up to reading your turn

AND DON'T PULL THE LEVER. Seriously
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: September 21, 2013, 11:59:59 am »

Will do !

Turn starting in one hour or something like that. I need to get boozed up.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: September 21, 2013, 12:33:37 pm »

12:34. Did finished a yellow Chimay. It was disappointing taste-wise, but not on alcohol content.

Will start downloading the save, gonna open again that Duvel. Maybe I should add lemon juice in it ?

12:39 WHY bobnova, you dare to taunt me ?!?!

anyways, started up that duvel. Much tastier. Download's taking some time.

I still have 1.25l of beer in the fridge... I suppose I will start playing after that duvel.

12:44 Opening up save, half of duvel is gone already. I feel pretty good right now.

12:49 Oh gods everything is in a mess. Why are there goblin ambushers outside the fort with dwarves ? I'm ordering a squad kill.

edit: wait i'm finishing the duvel before playing else that'll be pointless

13:00 Well, no more goblins. although half the guys are outside and we barely have any weapon traps. Herp derp.

Must still finish that duvel. *chug chug* Well, that is done now!

13:02 Winter is upon you!

Well, after Scruffy's surrounding on the room wth magma central heating,d i mut go to work on the fort military and do an inside burrow.  or soemthing dlike that hahaha

13:08 The liaison just ended t'ss meeting. Well.. anyways

DRINKING tally!

1 chimay triple (33cl, 8°)
1 duvel (33cl, 8,5°)

Currently am facing a wel scotch (25cl, 6,2°) Have 5 more o them in the drifghe og god i can't type straight and everything is funnier without the return key.

on other matters I saved a miner from the magma, well he was prolly going to die of thirst beforehand... walling that hole.

13:10 what the fuck is up with that bay12 clock it gets the times all wrong damn tit;s

bahahahaha damn tits and it was a drunken typo hahaha

anyways... gonna make an insde burrow and must spam weapon traps, I guess.

13:19 Well, just finished that burrow. go on active/training mode to restrict civilians beyond that bridge I built way back.

Must... finish... beer... *chug chug chugù* still not finished.

13:22 Still chugging healthily! anyways why is there no bookeper assigned in there, i hate these ???'s in the stoksn  scredenen

13: 26 Trapmaking is going ok. also Conan the Barbarian music is the best and the manliest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKYAruk_BPM

i mean lsten to this shit guys

13:28 Finished first wel scotch. TO THE SECOND ONE! FORWARD ! TO DRUNKEN GLORY !

anyways we only have 128 drink in the fort, so i order more drnks . more drinks! more !

13:38 Well... I'mbuilding a new magma forge level, let's hope I won't have to sacrifice a miner to do it.

...Thinking about it, maybe i SHOULD get a miner on fire to hope he's an eternally burning miner. OK, let's do it! ù*chugging more booze*

13:41 cloud of rotting dust. Civilians to burrorw:! I love burrrows, unless the things fuck up, because theings alsways fuck up in DF.

edit: also, this is around the time that i go sleeping. NOT THIS TIME! away with you, morpheus!

13:45 Maybe I should name all the dwarves. I'm going to drink a bit more for added hilarity first.

13:48 Well... finished second Wel Scotch. I will post thed rinkign tally afterthe third if I am still conscious.

Currently drnkiign some bottled gazpacho. It's pretty awesome: hydration + vegetable intake necessary. LOLOLOLOLLL like you guys care. anyways... I should  open a THIRD welscoth. I'm going into dangerous waters right now, but who cares ? DF is fun dangerous and I fear nothing. FOR KHORNE§§!

13:56 Okay, back to playing. Third welscothc. thing. a trap is blocked because of gob loot al around. Unforbdigging.

13:59 Nearly finished with the trap system. Maybe I should make it bigger.

anyways, the miner sent to open up that new magma forge magmaduct is on fire, unsurprisigly. He's gotta die soon, since he's alreayd Gvint. I mean fgfiaint OH GOD what Faint! damn it.

14:05 Wait, threre's no manager, what a suprse! well, the bookkeeper s now the manager.

14:08 Done the new magma forge. Maybeneeed to build stockpiles next to it.

14:14 Don't feel like drinking more. amgetting distarrcted by the res tof things. Must playdf moar

14:21 Building a few craf'tswdwarf workshorps;. We need a rock potindustry. and moar drnnks being brewd!

14:23 Finishing that wel scotch.

... Oh well,  1/2 is close enough.

I, the mighty Naryar, shall now christen all of the dwarves. BEHOLD§!!!

14:32 I must say naming all the dwarves takes time. anyways i'm pretty drunk so taking a pause from drinking. after another chugg!g

14:49 I'm not asleep! Miracle!
anyways I finished dorfing everyone, there are seven bobnovas running around (lol old joke is old). I'm starting to play and drink again.

14:52 Siquo 2, hunter, has fallen into a fell mood. Let's see what he produces.

14:54 Let's swindle the merchants ! Hurray ! Deconstructing the tradedbedopt i mean depot.

15:00 Well... drinking tally:

1 Chimay yellow
1 Duvel
2 Wel Scotch(25cl, 6,2°)

Yeah, I can't drink much more else I'm gonna vomit. Stll pretty dunk, although I shuld drink moe.

15:07 SIquo 2 has made something useless. a cobaltite toy boat.

I feel like dumping him in magma, but don't even feeel like it.

15:13 australianwinter has given birth to a girl.

I suppose I should dig for more metals, lengthen the walls and get moar traps.

15:29 Spring is here, ok that's a slow turn here...

Third wel scotch here I go. Walls  of the entrance have been lengthened, now I must get more metals.

15:37 Still haven't drink moar, I suppose I should.

15:39 Magma moat!

15:52 Magma moat = finished. + fortifications. We're in the middle of Spring, food and drink are just fine.

15:55 I'm building another general stockpile next to the trading depot. also, more beds.

16:01 Have finished with the rooms. Now smoothing bedrooms. Goblins doesn't seem to be athreat.

I MUST DINK MORRER.RE

16:08 Elf caravan. Gonna swindle them.

16:15 Now I feel like killing these elves. Scruffy! Wrex! Murder them both !

16:20 ha ha FUCK YOU ELVES

16:23 Well. Elves are killed. Now for the dumping shit in the volcano.

16:30 Hooray! Exploratory minigng gave up 2 hematite veins ! Going to dig through !

16:35 Hematite is going stead. Finished with the 4th wel scotch. Did I mentioned it's the 21st of hematite (heh) aka early summer yet ? No, I did not.

16:44 Finished the smoothign of the rooms. Hmm.

16:45 Lots and lots of babies over there.

17:11 Magma trap is nearly finished. Goblin ambush appeared and was promptly dispersedwhen theapparent leader impaled itself on my weapon traps.

17:15 Magma trap is mostly finished. It's not my best trap ever but no matter. Besides, it's autumn now. I'll be finished;... soooon.

17:20 Testing magma trap! Everyone inside!

17:25 Well... one of the bridges doesn't work. Because the entry bridge isn't LINKED to the lever. Doing that.

17:26 PULL THE LEVER!

Now pull the other lever.... mwahahaha

17:30 It works ! These goblins will BURN! BUUUUURRRRNNNN! Mwahahahahahahaha!

Lost one weapon trap to magma. Visibly not much more,apart from goblin clothes and elf crap.

...Wait, actually I've lost all of my weapon traps to magma. Every single copper things has melted, unsurprisingly... Oh well, next overseer will have to build IROn weapon traps with magmaaaa safe mechanisms.

17:36 I'm seeing something completely new. Slimy molten copper and slimy molten silver.

They have creeping dust (that rotting cloud material) on them.

17:39 Oh well, it's the half of limestone. I'm not drunk anymore, so I will be uploading the save.

Did one year, so... I therefore pass a law that every single time you order a batch of booze to be made (by manager or directly in still), finish your drink.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:44:06 pm by Naryar »

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: September 21, 2013, 12:34:00 pm »

Drink more, and no sleeping :D
how do I lizard Werewolf

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: September 21, 2013, 05:41:08 pm »

Awesome!  I just got back from playing Dominant Species with some friends (all theoretical ecologists :) ) and I've already had a few beers and some wine, so I might be able to pick up the fort once Naryar's done.  That's assuming there's anything left to pick up, of course. ;)
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: September 21, 2013, 05:45:06 pm »

another 3-turn day ? Hell yes !

Uploading the save.

and I didn't sleep hahahaha take that bobnova

Edit: also ecology is pretty nice, i'm having ecology lessons in the cursus I follow as well.

anyways save is just fine, I assume it will take a round 10 minutes to upload.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:49:51 pm by Naryar »

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: September 21, 2013, 05:56:06 pm »

another 3-turn day ? Hell yes !

Uploading the save.
Cool, post the URL once it's done and I'll grab it.

Did one year, so... I therefore pass a law that every single time you order a batch of booze to be made (by manager or directly in still), finish your drink.
Oh shit... :o I really don't want to pass out again, especially since I have to be up and photographing stuff tomorrow.  I may just set booze on repeat, I hope that counts as just one order?
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: September 21, 2013, 06:04:58 pm »

Oh shit... :o I really don't want to pass out again, especially since I have to be up and photographing stuff tomorrow.  I may just set booze on repeat, I hope that counts as just one order?

Yes it does. Every single time you order booze to be made you must drink, how much you order doesn't matter.

although you have more than 1000 booze in the fort for 50 dwarves, and 18 drink orders are still listed.

also I visibly lost 18 days. Oh, well.

You will have to increase the main fort burrow to the upper stories of the fort, then link up the lever at z+2 (compared to main flat level) to the bridge closing the fort, and then you can try the magma trap.

Upload is 80%. Soon, soon !

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: September 21, 2013, 06:21:19 pm »

OK, got the save. (Had to register a RabidShare account for it, would've take me close to an hour otherwise. :-\)

In order to avoid a repeat of my previous turn, I'm sticking to lager this time.  I'm not gonna run out of that anyway, I've got a 24-pack of Kukko in the fridge.

Any other rules I should remember to follow?  Does someone wanna be dorfed?

02:28: OK, opened the save.

Listening to SceneSat radio, because why not? They're apparently doing live coverage of the WeCan demo party in Poland just now. Taking a break to watch a compo before resuming DF. They're streaming the graphics on the party web site, but annoyingly the sound is just a little bit off sync with the radio stream so it sounds really freaky to have both playing at the same time. :(

03:06: That last Amiga demo look like it could've been pretty neat, if it hadn't been bugged to all hell and back. Dunno if that was the coders' or the organizers' fault. Anyway, starting to play for real now. I don't think I need to order more booze nay time soon. Finished a beer anyway.

Aw dammit, Windows update wants me to restart, and I just bet it's gonna keep bugging me every 15 minutes if I don't do it. :(

03:12: Someone had frobidden the brewing of plump helmets. We've got over 300 of the buggers, I think we can afford to brew a few. Not that we need to.

Bobnove wants nicver any quarters. Bastard.

We've got merchants. Also ghosts. Need slabs.

Apparently we also don't have a trade depot. Ordered one built. Got a beer. The magma forges are apparently just built conveniently on top of the volcano. That seems like a good idea... ???

Gods this place is a mess.

03:34: Unpaused. Can't brew drink because no barrels. Ordered some ppots. Some wall got suspended bacasue of blocked site. Hope it wasn't anything important coz I can't find it.

03:42: Trading. Not sure what we've got to sell. Meals are always good, looks like our food industry is doing fine. Maybe picks too, if they're still on rpeeta repeat.

03:51: Trading complete. A few barrels of meals got pretty much everything useful they had.

03:57: Found the cemetery. Truned off pet burial until we get more coffins built.

Planning my project fro this year. I'm thinking of a drop chute ending in a temple to Armok / meeting hall. Need to get these silly dorfs used to the carnage they're going to face later,. 8)

04:18: Oops, looks like my sacrifice chute has claimed its first victim. Sorry Rokenzan.

In other words, I dorfed myself as one of the new migrants, a Blanksmith. Who's apparently a she. And married, and been around quite abit. Had to check if she's a vampire, but I don't think so.
Also, I just realized that some nice person already dorfed me, so now we have two Vyznevs around. Oh well, we've still got more Bobnovas. :P

05:17: Some creepy dust has shown up. I think I should probably order the dorfs indoors.

In other news, construction of the temple proceeds nicely and with an acceptable level of casualties.

06:02: More traders. Sold food, bought all kinds of stuff. Ordered dogs, we need some!

Wow, it's only winter.  Gotta play faster... Got some coffee to keep me awake. Giot a beer too. An a sammich.

It's quiet. The next door neighbors were having a party, but they seem to have stopped

The mountainhome really wants prepared meals. Good for us! Better up the production rate, just in case.

06:41: OOpsie...

07:01: Oh waht now..  >:(

OK, I guess this explains it...

07:26: Hmm, we may need a new manager. :(

07:42: Ah, wonderful, my cage traps are working! :)

07:52: Uh oh, Scruffy went berserk. :(

08:03: Ambush! Better pull up the bridge... hope this is the right lever...

...oh, I guess it was the magma release lever. :-[ Oh well, that works too... :P

Oh dear, I think my DF just froze. I'll try dfhack's quicksave, maybe that'll help, otherwise everything I did this season is gone. :(

Also feeling kind of sober... should do something about that if I want to finish this year (and I do).

Phew! Looks like that worked, the save opened up OK. This calls for a drink! Also, it's spring now. Two more seasons to go...

08:37: Oh, so that's where Scruffy ended up...

09:45: OK, the noble quarters are ready:

09_59: A giant shows up...

...and is caged. :P

10-ish: OK, time to test the temple.  Here it is before use:

And here's the drop zone 34 z-levels above, with caged coblins awaiting their fate.

Let's start by summoning everyone to watch...

...aand here they go...

A funny thing i noted is that we seem to have acquired a "(tame toad)".  Dunno what that's supposed to be about... ???

Oh yeah, some elves showed up while I was amusing my dorfs by dropping cows and goblins down a chute onto some spikes. Deconstructed the depot from under them.  Also, it's now summer.  Gonna just play the rest of the year on fast forward, unless something happens that needs attention.

11:54: Aaaaand summer is over! A full year has passed. Events of minor note include one titan (caged), one vampire (walled in) and one repeat drinks order (yes, I finished my beer).  Oh, and I started making iron armor for the militia, but ran out of iron, so I ordered some more smelted.  Also drafted a few more furnace operators -- we had five magma furnaces and one furnace operator. ::)

Somewhat annoyingly, the vampire was the only dwarf we had with any diagnostics skill. :-\

Anyway, going to zip and upload the save now.  Since it did manage a full year, my order for future overseers is: At least once per season, you must sacrifice a creature to Armok by dropping it down the chute.  Before carrying out the sacrifice, summon the worshippers to observe the sacrifice by setting the civilian alert to "Worship Armok". (The temple and the drop zone both have hot keys, they should be easy enough to find. There should be plenty of victims waiting in caged around the drop chute.

Also, remember that Naryar's order ("I therefore pass a law that every single time you order a batch of booze to be made (by manager or directly in still), finish your drink.") also still stands.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 04:03:18 am by vyznev »

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: September 21, 2013, 11:15:15 pm »

Wait, was I married to myself? That'd be hilarious.
how do I lizard Werewolf
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 341