Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1161648 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [World Drunk III!]
« Reply #1995 on: September 22, 2013, 12:18:11 am »

looking like a good turn  :D

08:37: Oh, so that's where Scruffy ended up...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That cracked me up, mostly the completely deadpan delivery.

Only in DF are half-rotted berserk caged children funny.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:12:36 am by Naryar »

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 22, 2013, 04:20:23 am »

OK, save's up: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7995 (It's a 7-Zip archive. Reuploaded in plain old ZIP format.)

If you prefer RapidShare, it's there too: http://rapidshare.com/share/AEABEA4C4A24C6B06A9B5EEABB13B1B5 (I thought DFFD was stuck so I started another upload, but then it worked after all.)

Remeber, the rules to future overseers are:
  • Every single time you order a batch of booze to be made (by manager or directly in still), finish your drink. (Naryar)
  • At least once per season, you must sacrifice a creature to Armok by dropping it down the chute. (Vyznev)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:29:43 am by vyznev »
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 22, 2013, 03:34:43 pm »

Holy crap, I didn't expect this epic a thread to still be an ongoing game, after all this time. Still reading the archives. <3

Remind me to go snag some Southern Comfort and consider volunteering an evening sometime.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: September 22, 2013, 07:28:52 pm »

Holy crap, I didn't expect this epic a thread to still be an ongoing game, after all this time. Still reading the archives. <3

Remind me to go snag some Southern Comfort and consider volunteering an evening sometime.
Go snag some Southern Comfort and volunteer tonight!  :D
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: September 22, 2013, 07:32:19 pm »

Go snag some Southern Comfort and volunteer tonight!  :D

Maybe not just yet, was thinking tuesday night, likely to be out on the usual errands earlier that day anything.

That's assuming I've finished this massive archive binge by then, I'd rather see the full tale of drunken insanity unfold before adding my own idiocy to it. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: September 23, 2013, 05:08:26 am »

That's assuming I've finished this massive archive binge by then, I'd rather see the full tale of drunken insanity unfold before adding my own idiocy to it. o3o
Better prepare to roll a SAN-check then. Reading through 134 pages of drunken ramblings and dozens of turns in one reading marathon is not for the weak minded.
Iä! Iä! Urist intoxicate! Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Urist Dirlugeshud wgah'nagl intoxicate!
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: September 23, 2013, 06:20:43 am »

Wait, was I married to myself? That'd be hilarious.

Apparently, at least some of you (youse? all y'all?) are:
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: September 23, 2013, 10:48:23 am »

Well, drunk + naming random dwarves... was going to happen eventually :)
I like how my guy drowned instead of burning alive.  Maybe dwarves have some kind of thermal resistance in this new world?

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 23, 2013, 01:40:02 pm »

I like how my guy drowned instead of burning alive.  Maybe dwarves have some kind of thermal resistance in this new world?
Oh, the others burned just fine. Your dorf just was corpulent and did not have any fat so it did not take any damage from the magma (caused by fat melting which causes bleeding)
Yep. Magma immunity. Stood in it for weeks until drowning in 7/7 magma
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: September 24, 2013, 11:33:37 am »

Oh, the others burned just fine. Your dorf just was corpulent and did not have any fat so it did not take any damage from the magma (caused by fat melting which causes bleeding)
THAT would be something for the genetics community to figure out.  forget strong or tall dwarves, I want thin ones that are immune to fire.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 24, 2013, 12:17:35 pm »

THAT would be something for the genetics community to figure out.  forget strong or tall dwarves, I want thin ones that are immune to fire.
Should we do drunken genetics then ? I, for that matter, am decent enough in genetics.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 24, 2013, 02:31:23 pm »

Holy crap I was up late last night. Also, don't think I'll be able to go for a round of dorfing it up today, not enough booze and a bit short in the funding department.

For now I think I'll just request a dorfing by whoever picks the game up next. Chaosvolt, any dwarf will do. Someone with a preference for dragons is optional, but Fun. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 25, 2013, 01:42:46 pm »

@Naryar: I'd say give it a shot, but I do'not know if any of our forts will last long enough.

@Dragon: Looking forward to your turn once funds cooperate!

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 25, 2013, 02:58:36 pm »

I'm considering taking a turn tonight - plenty of Sierra Nevada in the fridge - but I'm terrified of what boundless horrors might lie in wait in that save.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: September 25, 2013, 03:27:13 pm »

May take a turn tomorrow. Not sure though.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 341