Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1162996 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [The Era of Brokenmugs]
« Reply #2145 on: January 15, 2014, 04:32:42 am »

I'd probably start a new fort if it was me, I remember reclaims being very computer-intensive due to all the stuff scattered around... and on my new (cheap) laptop, it'd doubtless be even worse. :P

I'll probably download the save before I go out tomorrow night (so about 24 hours from now), just in case I remember about DF when I get home.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: January 15, 2014, 10:29:17 am »

Did anyone document which Dwarven civilization we were part of? The story gets way funnier if there's one King going "send a bunch of dumbass drunks to build new mountainhomes" instead of each civ doing it once.

"I thought for *hic* sure it would work this time!"
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: January 15, 2014, 11:22:32 am »

It's times like this that I wish I were a drunkard. But, then I think of hangovers and I remember why I'm not  :P

Anyway, good luck...Not sure if I'd like to be part of a drunken dwarven band myself, sounds like a recipe for disaster!

EDIT: Something I just scribbled down because I was thinking of Dwarves and ale.

The Dwarves of yore smelt iron ore,
They mined the depths and chiselled rock,
The ore they found, they mixed with flux,
And made the weapons the elves yet mock.

But ho! They found the ancient brew,
Of Mushrooms helmet-shaped and true.
And hey! You know what they will say?
More ale is needed, for both me and for you!

For in their crafts they forged the rings
The humans fight and die for,
And made they there the greatest blades
Which ever graced the halls of lore.

But meet a dwarf and he will say,
Without preamble or delay,
That the greatest thing the elders brewed
Was ale they drank and served with food!

The hammer-smith, the gold and silver masters,
The carpenter, the mason and sand blasters,
All topped, all beaten by the brew,
That graced the halls of bloody hue.

But Ho! They found the ancient brew,
Of Mushrooms helmet-shaped and true.
And hey! You know what they will say?
More ale is needed, for both me and you!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:53:51 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: January 16, 2014, 05:42:58 am »

I suppose that i will take yet another turn after Yoink.

Edit:
Well, if Yoink is not starting a turn anytime soon I will start downloading the save
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:41:32 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: January 16, 2014, 01:03:19 pm »

Save here - http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8301
Erm, are you sure that is the correct save? The fort is still standing
It seems like Shoruke's turn

Edit: Well, it seems like I won't be taking a turn after all. I will wait for the proper save with a crumbled fortress and a new site. (nope, not going to skip a turn and go back to an old save just because a few gobbos bested us. Please upload the proper save if you still got it PeterisP)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:48:50 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: January 17, 2014, 03:48:10 pm »

Sigh... Sorry about a third post on row.
I really feel like taking a turn so I will. The most recent save available is what I presume is Shoruke's turn but I do not want to skip PeterisP's turn. Since the fortress fell during his turn I will abandon and claim a new site. I hope this will not annoy anyone but I don't like skipping saves and this is the closest to the proper save I can get.

So, a new site it is...

Embark points.. 9k? Eh? That is a tad bit high, don't you think?
Hmm... Should I just use about 4k or just buy 9k worth of junk? Wouldn't feel right.
Our new site is calm/wilderness volcano near a tower (A bit low savagery but I think that we will have enough trouble even without zombie koalas and such)
Okay, I am a boring person so I abused the embark points and brought a few sets of armor, alot of food and wood, a couple metal bars and 100 female bunnies.
I can't fathom how I could ever come to regret that. 5 miners. That should be enough. Time to dig in. Fast. We have no lack of food with these embark points and we can just rob a few caravans when we run out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Time to try something.. different. This time there will be no pimpstacks,
collapsable dining rooms (my alltime favorite) or forts droppable into magma.
This time there will just be dorfs and a hole

In a hole in the ground there lived dorfs.
Not a nice, clean or dry hole, filled with art and marvels,
nor a sober, well designed or lushly vegetated hobbit-hole with delights and conforts of home:
it was a dorf-hole, and that means drunken stuppor and starving peasants.

It would see m that I am still too sober for thios. Had a Weston's vintage and some port wine a while ago and will drink a few shots of vodka and perhaps open a frosty jack before strartgin.

Designed the great dorf face of druinkfortnress. hat shall be enough project building for this round
st large areas for digging. Biug, useless and ugly but that is dorfy. We can will it with dorf byproducts.
Refuse pile with a chute. Dorfs are digging along nicely. 5 miners.

Si,,erm. Summer. Fort almost dug out
Still sober enough to set proper stockpiles for unfihnishes food and prepared dorfsnack.

Ostriches, magma crabs and burning heat. Are we donw under?

Too many bunnies
Urist. THey all are Urist

Astarted making olarge bedchambers. Too complicated. I am too durnk for this. This turned into a horrible drunken
dorgen architecture project gone fweong WRONG

More beds. Chopping down all trees
Magmaforges

Yah. 5 very skilled miners digging for a year
Caracan. Destroying depot. All dem cheese will be ours- Yes. Cheese
warmstones. bah

Rabbits. starving. Who knew they had tho eat?
Dpro Fprt FORT!! is growing. we have no production but alot of room. It is ugly
damn they dig fast. 5 legendary miners during hte first year. spending the who.e year justdigging
over 100 dead rabbits. boohoo. my pets'

Magmaforges are ready, smelting in progress. Caravans have been looted. A large dorf face is being dug.
Staring with 5miners and enginers realy speeds things up
 All thanks toi that huge amoutn of embark points. no need to wokr for food or materials. just dig

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8332
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 05:44:57 am by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: January 17, 2014, 06:01:00 pm »

It would see m that I am still too sober for thios. Had a Weston's vintage and some port wine a while ago and will drink a few shots of vodka and perhaps open a frosty jack before strartgin.

Were you drinking that vodka as you typed that somehow? Your spelling was sub-par but understandable up until that last word.
Good luck with the reclaim, and your brand new strartg  8)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: January 17, 2014, 11:02:23 pm »

Either the last word meant starting, or start gin. Using an often used method of deduction, and the fact that this is Drunk Fortress, it can be determined that he meant Start gin. Hope you start that gin soon!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Stadekxiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: January 18, 2014, 09:33:33 pm »

I finally have my gaming rig up and running again (it's been down for months), so in celebration I'm downloading the save and in a little bit I'll go out to get some alcohol. Is anyone else drinking right now, or am I clear to take a turn?
Signature.. Right. I should probably get one of those.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: January 18, 2014, 10:22:25 pm »

Seem like no-one else have posted, so i guess it good for you to start your turn

Stadekxiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: January 18, 2014, 11:23:21 pm »

Alcohol, check. More alcohol, check. Energy drinks, check.

Pouring my first drink and opening the fortress. Will try to update periodically as the night progresses.

EDIT 1:
Don't have anything better to measure with, so just going with cups of zombie. Finished the first one and pouring the ext, also finished watching Iron Man and starting Iron Man 2 as well as feeling just buzzed enough to start looking around the fortress.

Alright, so the layout xeems straightforward enough, took me a minute to figure out where the entrance is though. I'm seeing a series of bridges for security but no levers, so it looks like I'll be implementing those somewhere or other.

Seeing orderly stockpiles, bedrooms off to a decent start but I might need to have more beds built... Ahh, miasma.. What's this from? Rabbit corpses. Rabbit corpses everywhere... I need another drink.

Cup 3:
Well that's the last of the zombie, gonna have to go to beer after I finish this drink. Meh.

So, taking out al the corpses while the dwarves take out the corpses... Err I mean watching a movioe while the dwarves ake out corpses...

Well, I think we're out of plump hemet spawn, I hope that won't be an issue,, Hmm, got a fey mood..

Fey mood seems fine, so many dead bunnies...
Err why is my game not cooperating? Saving and restoring
game to try anf fix it.

Okay, I seem to be having unknown issues. Will update either when solved, or in the worst case scenario, after replaying everything I've done

---------------

Oookay, not responding at all. fuck. fgiving an extra couple minutes to it. Okay, the entire thing seems to be broken. Restarting now. damn it all, it seems to be not working, gonna try starting over.

Okay, trying to recreate my previous work.

Corpses are making their way to the correcvt stockpile. Drinking some more.

Feeli8ng a little drunk now, good news. Okay, how do I figure out what month it is? fpr some reasion I cqn'r figure out hor to post messages correctly.. Gona go out to smoke a cigarette quickley after drinking a bit more.

I think I'm back to my previous state. Okay, wheres\'s my room key.. found it, ghonna smoke a cigarette. Okay, I thik I;m drunk

Well then, woke up at 6am, unfortunately sober again. That's embarassing, but drinking until I can play again. Oh well, I have enough alcohol to finish off my turn.. Hopefully.

Why aren't the dead bunnies going to the refuse pile? Bleh. Alright, back to being buzzed enough to play.

Erm.. Uh oh.. something collapsed in the face. We lost a miner in the collapse.

Well nothing but beer now.

Nother cave-in

Okay, slightly distracted by the movie I've been watching. Waah, caverns keep collapsing.. So we had a three second tantrum. Oh joy.

Uh oh, the dead walk... We're screwed. Never mind, Just a bunch of elf corpses. Let's kill 'em. And a diplomat has left unhappy. Oh well... And a dog had been found dead. And a cook.

Urist Kiddiriden has created... An earring. >_<

An elf corpse keeps killing people. damnit. And now there's a kobold thief

Rawrg, I keep getting interupted by damned bleeding elf corpes. And more elf corpses.. And more dead.. Gonna kill these bastards.

Blegh, too many damned elf corpses, keep killing people.

Waah, trying to find the elf corpses, but I can't.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:19:41 am by Stadekxiel »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: January 19, 2014, 10:06:24 am »

Second year and we are already being assaulted by the friendly neighbourhood necromancers? Unexpected.
Wait, I really hope that those 120 dead bunnies are not refusepiled outside.

Et tu, Urist

Stadekxiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: January 19, 2014, 08:09:06 pm »

Huh. that's why the miulitary isn't helpoing... they're all dead. Oops. Alright, trying to get everyone in a burrow.

Damn it.. I'm dead, along with scruffy. Redorfing, if nobody minds.

Alright screw this, going into lockdown >_<
Most everyone is inside, but a fishery worker is being chased around by zombie elfs, I don't think he'll be around long.

Now to ignore the outside and start playing around with building.

I've been missing a week.. Damnit

Oh hey, there's a little kid. When did that happen?

Quote from: The Drunken Game
'Urist McScruffy Rakustsholid, Miner cancels Dig Channel: Unconscious.
New scruffy, stop collapsing shit, you'll die that way, and I'm not redorfing you again.

And unconcious again, does this avatar of scruffy ever learn?

Huh.. Where did the bunny corpses go? They're disappearing.. Oh well, problem for the nxt guy.

Another bunny has died. Oh well.

Rawrg, why isn't the miner (I'm looking at ypou, scruffy) minigh the shit I topld him to?

Wekl somebody's been scared to death by a ghostly Urist. Damn ghosts. Gonna smoke another cigarette.

-------------

Alright, after an hour of being locked out of my room (the battery in my door died) I'm sobered up a little bit and ready to play some more.

Oh hey, I see a bunch of levers. Wonder what they do.

Damn it scruffy McUrist! why won't you dig where I want you to?? Okay, it was the burrow that was causing the problem. Got it.

Hmm.. Almost all the bunny corpses are gone.. That can't be good.

Trying to bring everything inside.. Either going to work or kill us all.

Aaand beck inside. Hehehe, caught an elf zombie in the bridge as it closed.

Bad news, scruffy, you've been found dead again. Redorfing you. Wait, nevermind, it was the old mcscruffy that was found, you're still alive. (sort of)

It's obsidian, almost done.

Aaand it's spring. Yay.

Here's the file
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8343
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:36:09 pm by Stadekxiel »

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #2158 on: January 28, 2014, 11:50:06 pm »

I like what I have been seeing and will attempt to update the OP soon.

On another note... Whatever happened to taking screenshots throughout a turn? It sure is nice to be able to see all the little ASCII/tile dorfs as they scream out unto their gods in magma.

Dwarfy1: Sick poem, much enjoyed!

Movie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: January 30, 2014, 01:45:08 am »

Hi just wondering if its too late too join in on this, i just turned 21 on Tuesday, if i was allowed too play this i would smoke a big bowl of weed and get piss drunk on sake
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 341