Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1162788 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [The Era of Brokenmugs]
« Reply #2220 on: March 06, 2014, 11:47:45 am »

I'm pretty sure we discussed this at length towards the beginning of the thread, and reached the conclusion that no, it didn't count. :-\
Honestly, the number of teetotallers on this forum makes me genuinely sad.

Also sad is the fact that I am far too poor currently to afford enough alcohol to maintain the level of drunkenness required for a turn.
Next fortnight, perhaps! or I guess I could crack into my savings account but that would be baaaaaaaad...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: March 06, 2014, 11:55:04 am »

The muslim bit was just an example of a possible precedent, the demographics of this forum made it quite safe to assume you weren't one ;)

Yoink: You can't even afford some real cheap schwill? We have vodka here for 7-8€, surely you have something like that too.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: March 06, 2014, 12:04:08 pm »

Ok... It seemed like you were implying that because I eschew alcohol meant I was a Muslim. I was pretty sure that wasn't what you meant, but I went ahead and clarified anyway.

I can't afford anything. I don't know where my money is and I don't have a job. The bigger problem is that I'm not of legal drinking age in this country. And unlike most people in Podunk, I respect that law. Plus that, I don't even think I would drink when I am. I might've mentioned that drinking would be like a roulette wheel with me. I'd either get very sick, unconscious, only slightly buzzed or would have to pee before I got drunk. I don't know what my liver can do. Not only that, in most situations I barely function sober! Getting drunk would be a disaster! XD I can see it now, "I'm drunk not at all sir cos like... I forget. You know what's weird? Can't like remember what word is for that. Oh yeah. Stupid. Hehhehheh. Where's my car right now? Oh, I'm in it? Thanks officer. Cos like I fell asleep and y'know can't drive sober. Wait, did I just say that. Oh. Yeah ok. Just don't tell dad Uncle Bobby." ( Cos it would be my dad's twin brother that'd be the one who caught me. And I wouldn't ever get my nachos either. )

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: March 06, 2014, 12:09:30 pm »

I dinnae think this is the first time the subject of a sober player simulating a drunk has come up. I just came back from the first page and apparently this happened like... immediately. I don' know if they got to play or not, but there was some discussion. I'm hungry. I'm going to go locate food.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: March 06, 2014, 12:25:30 pm »

That's why you ease into it, generally. Unlike me: My first blackout and my first time drunk coincided. I was 14, so not exactly a shining example of responsibility...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: March 06, 2014, 12:29:00 pm »

Mmm... yea. All the same, if I can't find a loophole, I just won't play. I simply don't drink. That may change in the future, but it will have to be a pretty good distance away from the now.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: March 06, 2014, 01:12:48 pm »

I don't drink either, though I turned the legal age yesterday. I just don't agree with something which lowers inhibitions, making you do things veeery stupid, something potentially addictive and something which ruins your health all in one. Also, expensive, and for all I know I'd be a very angry drunk. In fact, it's likely I would be. But, if others wanna do it, and in the process create this brilliant fort, who am I to stop 'em!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: March 06, 2014, 01:18:20 pm »

Same.

"And so the sober masses congregated to watch two lone drunks build something. It was impossible for their sober minds to comprehend the sheer brilliance of the structure. We looked on in awe as they fought, spat, built, destroyed... All without ever leaving the town square. In ages to come, this would be deemed one of the most interesting feats of man."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: March 06, 2014, 01:38:08 pm »

Same.

"And so the sober masses congregated to watch two lone drunks build something. It was impossible for their sober minds to comprehend the sheer brilliance of the structure. We looked on in awe as they fought, spat, built, destroyed... All without ever leaving the town square. In ages to come, this would be deemed one of the most interesting feats of man."

You forgot to mention the beards. In such stories, beer and beards flow as one.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: March 06, 2014, 01:39:59 pm »

Ach! So I did. Oh well. They're not guaranteed to be together any more than they're mutually exclusive.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: March 06, 2014, 02:06:46 pm »

And so, in days long gone by and fading into the faded mists of sobriety, the bearded men of a town deemed a construction necessary in a land where so much was destroyed. Their sweat ran in rivulets down their faces, their muscles bunched and clenched. As they heaved, so did their beards, and in their mouths they savoured the sweet, hoppy flavour of their beer. In this place, Beer flowed as freely as Beards, and the men rejoiced as they laboured.

Ay, they worked long and hard, with much blood and tears mixed with mortar and brick. And yes, they tore down as much as they built, and the construction was haphazard and muddled. But they built, these men, nay, these Dwarves! Their toil was for a reason, and those few sober in the world looked on in awe at the majesty looming before them. All hail the Dwarves! All hail the Drunk! All hail DRUNK FORTRESS!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: March 06, 2014, 03:28:01 pm »

Yeaaaahhhh the first time I drank to any vaguely meaningful level I got a bit carried away. 16odd shots later, I was obliterated.

Not that things have changed all that much. Not drinking is easy. Drinking a small amount (read: two shots) is easy. Drinking a moderate-but-totally-reasonable amount (say, 4-5 shots) is rather more difficult. Somewhere around shot4 I tend to start liking the taste instead of not liking the taste. The main thing I've learned is, never buy another bottle if you're already drunk.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: March 06, 2014, 04:32:16 pm »

That's why you drink beer... *starts singing incoherently in German*
The Bay12 postcard club

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: March 06, 2014, 07:22:21 pm »

It takes so long to get properly drunk with beer though :(
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: March 06, 2014, 07:45:50 pm »

* sings along in German, butchering everything and making an entire nation weep *
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 341