Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1164419 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [The Era of Brokenmugs]
« Reply #2235 on: March 06, 2014, 07:52:24 pm »

* sings along in German, butchering everything and making an entire nation weep *

...scheiss. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: March 06, 2014, 08:06:51 pm »

Nein! Dinnae use tha' kinda langwage wit' meh boyo.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: March 07, 2014, 05:41:56 am »

It takes so long to get properly drunk with beer though :(
That's why it's so awesome! You start a conversation while sober and watch the coherence slowly drift into the night...

CMC: Are you in Germany? Our legal drinking age is... nonexistant AFAIK. The only limits are on whether you can drink in public and whether you can buy stuff.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: March 07, 2014, 09:12:47 am »

Mm. From what I've heard, albeit that might just be American beer, the stuff tastes like horse piss and makes you go to the bathroom once per six-pack minimum, with a three-per-urination average. As per German beer, I hear the stuff has a really strong taste that isn't even proportionate to the alcohol level. However, based on colour alone, I think it'd probably be more appetizing. I don't know, I'd have to ask my uncle at his home brewery. What I'm really interested to try is mead, just to see what it tastes like, but my stepdad can no longer afford to make it. As per alcohol in general, the stuff is pretty rough by itself and I don't see how anyone can drink it without diluting it in some sort of other drink. I like it more for uses in stuff like this. ( if you think alcohol is nigh sacred, don't click this link. ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiRHyNFIwoU

Louisiana, USA: There is a federal drinking and purchasing age of 21. However, each state appends little caveats to that. For example, in this particular state ( being the second most backward in legal systems, or more accurate the least United with the rest of the states ) I can legally drink in my own home if I have parental permission and adult supervision. The thing is, neither of my parents would give me that permission, even if I wanted to. And once I get to college, that doesn't count any more. I'd be breaking the law and invalidating my dorm agreements. This could result in me flunking classes if I don't get caught and expulsion and fines if I do. Plus, dorm payments are almost never refundable, and even when they are it's only a fraction of what you paid.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: March 07, 2014, 01:19:32 pm »

Huh. With your liberal use of "Dinnae", I'd thought you were from 'round my parts. Or perhaps Scotland.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: March 07, 2014, 01:26:23 pm »

As far as I can tell, nobody really knows what kind of drunk they're gonna be until they've been drunk a couple times.

My friend who thought he'd be an angry drunk was a depressed drunk.
My friend who thought he'd be an insightful drunk was a lightweight drunk (and falls over a lot)
I thought I'd be a depressed drunk, I'm actually a "laughs a lot" drunk. Which is weird, because being drunk doesn't feel so great...  ???

As for responsibility, the way to drink "responsibly" is to have a very stern, sober friend nearby to put you in your fucking place if you do something stupid, but if you're underage the way to drink responsibly is to drink sparkling cider  :P
And if you're poor, the way to drink responsibly is to tell your friends you're poor and want to get drunk, get smacked upside the head for being a derp, and then not go drinking.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: March 07, 2014, 01:57:04 pm »

Given that I have angry tendencies, but restrain them quite well. As in, I always seem calm even if I'm not, I'd assume that I'd be an angry drunk.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: March 07, 2014, 02:11:25 pm »

Nah, our official accent is illegible. The flavour of illegible is up to the person, mine just comes out as aggresive Psuedo-Scottish/Cajun-esque word mush. ( With random bits of foreign for flavour. ) Considering my heritage, I can talk however I feel like ( except ebonics ) and defend it on grounds of ancestry. Also, out of habit I always count small numbers in German.

Also, I figure I'm in the same boat as Th4DwArfY1 in terms of what kind of drunk I'd be. Nonetheless, if I were a dwarf, I'd probably be stricken with the Melancholy, even though I show signs of all three types of Dwarven Insanity.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: March 07, 2014, 05:53:32 pm »

I would have figured I'd be a depressive drunk or an angry drunk. Nope, I'm a goofy drunk.
You never know.

Not that I'm trying to convince anybody to drink. I'm not. If you don't want to, don't!
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: March 07, 2014, 06:12:01 pm »

Likewise, I thought I'd be an angry sort of drunk, but I tend to be more...giggly. o.o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: March 08, 2014, 05:59:14 am »

I have no idea what sort of drunk I expected to be, but as it turns out I am a freaking awesome drunk.
Which is just as well, because I'm boring as heck when sober. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #2246 on: March 27, 2014, 08:37:01 am »

I miss playing DF. And also very much !!DF!!. I imagine that it will pick up quite considerably with the next release, however; I myself may even have a stab or two.

China makes alcohol easy and cheap, but boy does DF cut into work and travel...  :-\

--I just realized, I should take some drunk China pictures for you folks sometime. Because my life is a living !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!. Seriously. Heck, I basically live in a craftdwarf's workshop.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:38:47 am by Kamin »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: March 27, 2014, 07:55:41 pm »

Sounds neat. I'd be willing to see some nice photography of some place I've never been before.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: March 31, 2014, 08:06:59 am »

I guess sweatshops are pretty dorfy...

I kid, I kid! :P I'd love to see pictures, especially if they're shakily taken on a camera phone whilst stumbling about in the middle of a Drunk Fortress turn!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: March 31, 2014, 10:28:23 am »

I kid, I kid! :P I'd love to see pictures, especially if they're shakily taken on a camera phone whilst stumbling about in the middle of a Drunk Fortress turn!

Exactly! Cos everyone needs to take a drinking break every once in a while to ensure they stay drunk enough to handle Drunk Fortress. So who's turn is it anyway?
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 341