Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1161869 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Five Posted; Reclaim Year 2 in Progress!]
« Reply #345 on: September 17, 2012, 05:06:57 am »

I'll take the next turn if that is ok. I got a few bottles of homemade herbal liqueur and apple wine and a few pints of ale and scrumpy.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 17, 2012, 07:00:35 am »

Wow, those turns move fast...

Bobnova, congrats on a worthy addition to the DrunkFortress annals. Every single update of you guys&girls cracked me up.  :D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 17, 2012, 08:22:55 am »

2nd Felsite:
Somrhing gave birth t kittens. I'm assuming it was a cat.

26th Glena:
Clocer has prosduced a baby. it shal be aned(named?) baby.

These quotes made me laugh. These drunk logs are works of art in their own literary fashion.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 17, 2012, 08:30:01 am »

It's also almost impossible to create a "quotes" section out of this. Too many gems.
1st Galenda
Somweone died of thirst.
This is not promosing

1th Galena:
Where the hell are all these corpses coming rom?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 17, 2012, 09:16:44 am »

Ok, edited all the pictures in and put the save file up.
It's all in my last post, inside spoiler tags.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 17, 2012, 09:32:34 am »

Ok, I will take the next turn.

Since I don't have any vodka available at the moment (my usual drink), I will unfortunately be drinking milder drinks:
My own ~16% herbal liqueur and 18% apple wine (will drink after the ciders)
2x500ml Frosty Jack's 7,5%
2x330ml Old Rosie Scrumpy 7,3%
A pint of Bulmers
500ml Henry Westons medium dry 6,5%

I already started preparing by having 2 white russians (vodka, coffee liquer and milk) in a pub and starting to drink the scrumpy.
I seem to be making quite a few typos and will stop fixing them after this. ::)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 17, 2012, 09:45:32 am »

Awesome!
I got the save up just in time I guess :D

I forgot to take a drinks tally.
As of noon I had about 80% of a bottle of Viking Fjord (40% alcohol). As of 5pm I had ~60% of a bottle. As of 9pm I had ~0% of a bottle.

EDIT:
I think overall we're better off than when i started, there's a magma furnace and a magma forge at least. And lots of (filled, instantly...) coffins. And lots more food. Still not much drinks wise though. 40 dorfs drink a lot.
That's the other thing, despite many deaths, there're 40 alive.  It's about tantrum season, though.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:47:21 am by Bobnova »
how do I lizard Werewolf

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 17, 2012, 09:46:01 am »

Damn, I died. Could I be redorfed as Xanadorf 2: Dangerously Sober?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 17, 2012, 11:28:28 am »

I forgot my dinner in the oven. Crispy. Time for a pint.
I suppose I am drunk enough so lets gets dorfing.

Bah, running hte fort with phoebus causes so many strange textrues.
Should have done a clean install.

3rd Granite
Named some poor old fisherdorf as Scruffy. Why is everyone so unhappy? Man, this fort is a mess. Seriously, what the heck has bee n going on.
Poured another pint. Strarting to feel somewhat drunken. Bobnava is tantrumming along with half of the fort.Seems like a fishery worker tried to hurt poor old scruffy. scruffy killed im.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That should show him. Ordered the other stairway to the depths to be sealed. Too many crawling thingies killiong the dorfs.Funny thing, there is a cave crawler named mato. Mato means worm in finnish. Worms tend to crawls.

10th Granite
Out of booze. Where the heck is the still and kitchen? Serously, wher e the heck is it?
We were missing a wront gate. build us one. Got rid of hte darn stairways to the top. too many critters crawling in.
Found th ekitchens. The entier upper fort and buoldingxz was forbidden. poor dorflings couldnt brew more booze.

15th Granite
A farmer was scaring all the dwarves. Kept trying to kill them and all. DFussies. A goblin killed him soon after. Hurray!
Wrex is punching peasants. An ogress seems to be killing goblins.

26th Granite
Ok, seems like i hav passed the point of intoxiacation and entered a state of drunkeness. What the heck is with these controls? i thought that kitcher was in hte z menyu after stocks, tnot before.
Argh, my spelling. Better pay more attention to it from now on. I have to fix every ´word after writing it yet I still leave errors. Better leave atlest some in. Adds flavor.
Bobnava seems to be running around naked. mad as a kobold i say.

5th of slade
Just found the bedrooms. This fort is a messl.

Screw this
Scruffy likes sheep? what the heck? what am i? welsh? I need anothe4 pint
What the heck is a capuchin and why is it killing my dorfs?

2oth of slade
the fort is doomed. everyone has been tantrumming since i started and they only stop fighting in order to pass out or to kill someone. Someone started brooding and made a honeybee amulet.

26th slade
We got migrants. 29 of them. all sane and mostly well fed. we are safed! The original inhabitants seem to be slowly killing eachother out. Who is this cheese mistress and why is she interrupting everyone else?
Someone destroyed the gates. Again. Also, clover and wrex are still trying to kill everything with a beard.

10th felshite
seems like Clover and Wrex have finally stopped. Wrex went insane and Clover got clobbered by a farmer.
Alsom Why is tere so muvh pee? Next time must stronger drinks, not liters of weak ones,
Time for another pint.
Wrex's final moments:

20th felshite.
Elves! Stinking elves! Come to steal our corpses and pollute oru precious bodily fluids.
bobnava bobbed his last nava. Just as dead as the rest of the fort. many of he migrants have already been slaughtered.

25th felshite
Do we have a depot? Captain Peregar is the only living named dwarf still tantrumming. (or living)
The mayor is killing dogs and peahens.
Screw this, Im building a safe haven for scruffy junior, son  of scruffy.

8th hematite
I'm consentrating all our remaining resources and sane dorflings on building my safe little spot for scruffy, away from all the maddness opf the fort.
What the hck is this? Scruffy junior likes reindeers and actually saw one recently? I have gone from being welsh to being lappish. What next? ppoodles?

what do you mean they are starving and dieing of thirst? No water to drink or mushrooms to munch? let them drink whiskey and eat cake!
Finished digging us an above ground farm.

5th malachite
The dwarves are killing a herd o rhinoceros
Lost count of my drinks. Bollocksö!

11th Malachite
12 more sane dwaves have arrived!

19th Malachite
Why are the troggolytes killing us? I didnt kniow that we were in the caverns.

10tu gALENA
Started filling the above ground farms with water

18th galena
A weremammoth and a caravan full of humans? Why the heck would the want to come here? there is noting of val7e in here-
There are dead dwarves in the new farms! Oops
You knlow what would be fun? a magkma cannojn to burn all the tamtrummers

7th klimestone
I ordered a carpenter's workshop to be built motnsh ago but I still hasnt been build. Unsuspended it and it got suspended again by a "interrupted by a giraffe". what in armok's name is a giraffe doing in the middle of our fortress?
Realized that the new farmlands wer e not in soil. A swordgobbo is stalkimg them from one level above
ghosts are wrecking havock in the fortress. One is howling and one is constantly flipping over tables.

17th Limestone
Where the heck is our depot?
Ran out of cider and realized that I had already drunk a glass of my own brewings.

20th Limestone
15 more migrants. Funnt things. No matter how many more we get we stiöö dont seem to be growing our bpopulatiosn
7th Sandstone
Seems löike I have aved the fort from dieing of thirst and the dorfs have stopped tantrumming (too much). Havent had time to dio much else.
Why is there cave spider silk on top of Scruffy's personal haven? Bloody builders, always playing with animals instead of building.

8th timber
The fortres is a mess. I stopped trying to make sense of ti a long time ago. Continued with the magma cannon that serves no use. Improved brewwing capabilities.
Realized that our military capacity fro the kast year has been a signel dorfg with a ciopper crossbow.
Werehedgehog. Took me a moment to realized that I was in paint, not df so no commands were getting reqistered.

13th timber
Ambush. Curse them!
Realized rtht my lever to the gate wasnt linked. Crap

16 Timber
The last stike on my magmaelevator was made. A glorious pile of rocky junk crashed dpwnm.
Crud, instead of a glorious stairway to hell I ended up with a big hole leading ot nowehrer

6th moonstone
Our farms were set to use fertilizer. No wonder we were in troube.

Made some hammers. Turns out that our only crossbowdwarf was a hammerdowrf withsout a hammer.
Drunk

Why do we have a coprrridor full of spears and a dead doe rabbits?

12th opal
I hate to inform that our last surviving namded dorf has perished. Captain something died in an unfortubnate magma accident. Cause of dead ubknown. Forgot one corner of my magma cannon. minor leaks killed evertythuing in the area.

4th Obsidian
Some dwarf pilled the lever inside the have and left. Now the oor is closed and nopone is inside. Crap.-

Oops

10th of Obsidian
I still donät knwo what is going on in this fort.
Another ambush. I still donät underdstant why any sane goblin would want to coime here. There is nothing but giraffes, cave crawlers and magma in here.

20t´h Obsidian
Yet anopther ambush.
Magmacannon is ready! Not that iut really matter anywayl. the darn thing has been leaking magma for months and I doubt that it could push out any more than it already leaks when used.

25th Obsidian
Managed to seal the magma leak by building floors 2 floors above and dropping water. Cnannon Is truly ready!
Stuff happened. Thje end.

1st Granite
Scruffy junior is dead. Killed by a Goblin axeman. Redwarved so all hail the Scruffy junior junior. Time to hand over to the next unfortunate player. You can redwarrf everyone.

I fleel like I ditn makae to do anything except a few personal projects. HAve fune with the followup. A.lteast it wilkl be easier that my start with the whole fort tantrumming. :P
I still donät have any idea of what actually happened during my year. All I know that I was ssupposed to be studying physical chemistry tonight byt insted I spent the whole evening dorfing around.

All I know is that all the dwarves are dwarves on the outsidew but inside they have hearts and sould of kobolds. That was a cpompliment

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:01:23 am by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #354 on: September 17, 2012, 01:07:56 pm »

This is great! Hopefully I can join in the fun one weekend!
Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 17, 2012, 01:22:26 pm »

This is great! Hopefully I can join in the fun one weekend!
Even today at this rate. I'm aölmost finished.

Et tu, Urist

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 17, 2012, 02:45:30 pm »

Finished. Uploading the save in a moment. What a horrible start that last year was. No booze and whole fort tantrumming/going insane.

Save here. Sorry for playing into the granite month.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6938
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 02:48:16 pm by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Seven Posted; Reclaim Year 3 Completed!]
« Reply #357 on: September 17, 2012, 04:32:33 pm »

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 17, 2012, 05:47:27 pm »

You know, I saw a message about fertilizer last night. That explains why they were't growing much and hence not brewing much.
I'm at a loss as to why everybody was so pissed off, they were happy for most of my turn.
Probably because they had booze for most of my turn after I kickstarted production early in said turn.

Please re-dorf me as 4.Bobnova, I've had a rough run of it.
Poor cheesemistress, at least she beat on people before going down.
how do I lizard Werewolf

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 17, 2012, 05:57:17 pm »

Lol, apparently I had a kid, and then went batshit and started killing other dwarves before being killed myself?  Pretty awesome!

Requesting re-dorfing!  Clover Mark III, dwarf with cheesemaking/gem labors enabled.

This fort is so disorganized.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 341