Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1162909 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage

FYI if you lose your only pick and the caravan dont bring one buy some copper crap and smelt it down.
MARC! Don't tell us how to live! This is !!DRUNKFORT!!

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Well I would suggest melting down the skulls of elven traders but for some reason you can't make tools out of corpses.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I would suggest melting down the skulls of elven traders but for some reason you can't make tools out of corpses.

On this point, we are in full agreement.

Damnable Elves and their non-metal skeletal structure...

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

On this point, we are in full agreement.

Damnable Elves and their non-metal skeletal structure...

Pffft. You just need more fey moods, and make a pick out of bone at the craftdorf's shop. How do you think the first anvil was made?
Incidentally, our anvil is probably in the lakebed along with those corpses and a bunch of our other supplies...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

I feel as if I need to get trashed to understand this turn.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay yougys I just kilelde oput only miner and lost his pick. Think you mightweanna skip myturn. Lava is ahrd.

Nono, that's not how this works.
No miner? No pick? AWESOME SURPRISE FOR NEXT OVERSEER!
I haven't actually had a chance to read the whole turn yet, but I can assure you that you are doing things correctly!
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

sean_hyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okaay. Good morning, and oww my head. Putting everything in one place for your viewing pleasure. Including the last part, which I never posted on here.

I actually wimped out before the whole year was up. We are doing okay-ish, I think. Two more deaths (still no clue what happened to Shoruke), but lots of migrants. And they bought a pick.

What did I actually get done? Hmm. I connected the land to the fort with a tunnel. I walled the merchants in the depot. I made a bunch of memorials (but didn't make one for Shoruke since he died later). Think that's about it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wow that is a long post. No wonder I didn't get anything done I spent the whole time failing at typing.

I think I will go with the 'costs a shot to look at the wiki' rule.

Oh, and the anvil is safe actually. Built into a forge outside the depot.

I'll upload the save as soon as DFFD sends me an email so I can activate an account.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:43:57 am by sean_hyer »

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sometimes, in my head, I pretend Toady reads this thread avidly and smiles upon us, sending all of the blessings to our besotted selves.

A man can dream...

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

I actually wimped out before the whole year was up.
If you didn't, you probably weren't drunk enough.

sean_hyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so DFFD apparently doesn't like me. It won't let me do anything without activating my account, and it won't send me the email so i can activate my account. Is there a 're-send email' button?

Screw it. Now I have a yahoo mail account I will never use again.

Here's the save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10931
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:32:03 pm by sean_hyer »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Just make it your spam account like my yahoo is.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My plan for today involves another round of Drunk Fortress.
Assuming nobody beats me to the punch about 7-9 hours from now.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

nobody beats me to the punch

knowing you, it won't be punch

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile

Will be drunk as skunk but most likely won't take a turn so it is all yours Shork
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I didn't end up going to Takadanobaba. But I did end up buying 0.75L of Vodka for $9! Japanese grocery stores are just awesome sometimes. Now if only the fish was cheaper than the alcohol.

Aftr some amount of drinking, I am now going to start drunk Fortressing. So... here I go. Let's see how New Guy did.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 341