Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1162701 times)

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Drunk Fortress: Come and Smell the Ashes]
« Reply #4575 on: August 24, 2016, 08:26:18 am »

Im only to semi elf sufficiency with low savagery. I need to get a handle on traps and military yet. But shouldnt take forever. Ill be back to it after i return from a vacation

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: August 29, 2016, 06:27:07 pm »

Got an ok handle on military, just need to figure out smelting and forging. I also need to figure out how to find magma. Can't seem to ever locate it without digging to almost the bottom z level

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: August 29, 2016, 06:40:07 pm »

Unless you get lucky and have a magma pipe, or embark on a volcano, you tend to not find magma without hitting the magma sea.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: August 31, 2016, 06:16:34 pm »

I usually just embark on a volcano if I can.

Got an ok handle on military
Okay, you're officially good enough to play Drunk Fortress. Go for it  :D
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: August 31, 2016, 10:13:16 pm »

I just figured out manager now. never have yet had an invasion, but maybe I could handle one.

I plan on, if I dont forget, taking a turn saturday night.

any suggestions for how to screenshots? or do u guys just use ms paint?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: August 31, 2016, 10:50:49 pm »

I just figured out manager now. never have yet had an invasion, but maybe I could handle one.

Have fun. Management is rather simple really, if you ignore conditions and just demand a large number of something.

And I tend to just hit print screen, paste into MS Paint, crop, and save to Dropbox. Later on after I sober up, I eventually upload to photobucket and edit the links. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: September 01, 2016, 01:56:23 am »

I use lightshot. It's pretty good.
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: September 01, 2016, 02:03:57 am »

Got an ok handle on military
I thought this once. 6 full squads of steel armoured dwarves, I thought "Hey, this should be fine, I can mine adamantine now."
It wasn't fine.
It's never fine.
Fine is a figment of the human imagination.
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: September 01, 2016, 10:49:04 am »

Hi, bay 12 tourist coming through. I have no interest in community games and especially not this one, but I'm just asking...

what's with the poll?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: September 01, 2016, 12:09:48 pm »

Hi, bay 12 tourist coming through. I have no interest in community games and especially not this one, but I'm just asking...

what's with the poll?

Do not deny your place in the Shoruke Collective. 3:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: September 01, 2016, 12:59:41 pm »

There are 33 shorukes now. They are breeding.

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: September 01, 2016, 01:05:24 pm »

what's with the poll?
What's wrong with this game eh? You play dwarf fortress but you don't like drunks being idiots and dying constantly? Isn't that a self-contradiction?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: September 01, 2016, 01:16:29 pm »

Joooiiin uuus.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: September 01, 2016, 01:22:14 pm »

I'd be taking a turn tonight but I have like 600 lines of code to write and test, which is weird because 3 hours ago I had 400 lines of code to write and test. Also I don't really have enough booze.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: September 01, 2016, 01:23:32 pm »

And I've been kinda eh lately. Not sure if I have enough booze for a turn, plus been distracteddragon.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 341