Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1164428 times)

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Drunk Fortress: Come and Smell the Ashes]
« Reply #4620 on: September 13, 2016, 09:33:31 am »

we need a new player!

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: September 13, 2016, 10:42:14 am »

Dunno when the next time I'll take a turn is, but Ceiling Cat willing, I'll do a pixel art dig designation of Sans when I do.

G E T  D U N K E D  O N
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 04:16:19 pm by Bogwedgle »
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: September 13, 2016, 11:58:56 am »

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: September 14, 2016, 12:35:44 am »

get dunked on

It was inevitable.

All that picture needs is to be captioned.
in the appropriate font, of course
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: October 04, 2016, 09:54:31 am »

The thread has been slowly withering away and dieing for the last year or so.
Suppose that it's time to take another turn sometime soon? It's been what, only 2 turns but nearly 5 months since my last boozening?

Edit: Who am I kidding. Nobody cares wether or not I take a turn and I certainly don't care what the future overseers will think about the mess I leave behind

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:22:59 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: October 04, 2016, 11:06:18 am »

Dooo iiiit. I oughta take a turn at some point, but shit's been a bit hectic as of late. @w@
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: October 04, 2016, 11:32:59 am »

Hopefully I'll be able to take a turn soon enough.
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: October 05, 2016, 12:30:34 pm »

What a nice description of dorfs
All of them were simply beards who bellowed in crude tones and swilled beer
I'm a bit drunk so might take a turn later since I have nothing important to do tomorrow
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: October 06, 2016, 07:03:35 pm »

Turns need to be taken!

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: October 06, 2016, 07:04:40 pm »

Also i think maybe we would have a bit wider audience if we had a filw compatible with the LNP. Make it so more ppl can get involved

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: October 07, 2016, 11:44:33 am »

filw
LNP

What.
Either I'm not up to date on some acronyms, or you type like you're ready to take a turn :P
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: October 08, 2016, 10:49:22 pm »

filw
LNP

What.
Either I'm not up to date on some acronyms, or you type like you're ready to take a turn :P

Well filw was meant to be file. LNP is lazy newb pack, easiest way to play with tilesets, therapist, etc.

I prolly would have had a more productive turn if i didnt have a bastardized tileset that i still dont quite know how i got to work.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: October 13, 2016, 12:54:07 am »

Somebody needs to take a turn. I think... I think that somebody might be me.
I'm making my way through half a bottle of Southern Comfort. Normally I wouldn't be... comfortable that that much was enough to get me sufficiently drunk, but well, I haven't been drinking as much as I should lately, so I'm already feeling a tad tipsy. Also I kinda haven't eaten today. Apart from some Shapes. And a thickshake.

I can do this. Maybe. I'll download the save and see how I go!
* Yoink takes another swig, straight from the bottle like some sort of badas... oh wait! HE IS A BADASS! Dayummmmn!

Edit: Anyone got any idea what version the last save is?
Guess I'll just bung it into the most recent version I have installed and see if it works. *shrug*

Edit2: Shit. It's not working. Maybe it's the wrong version. maybe I've done something terribly wrong. ...Wait, maybe the fort died last turn and that's why there are no current gaes to continue? I should probaby check that. Yeah, I totallly stopped correcting typos already... mainly 'cause I'm feeling super lazy.

Edit3: Hahah so it turns out it works now that I installed the new version.
Doesn't it just fill you with confidence, that I haven't played in so long that my latest version broke save compatibility? Teehee, this'll go just fine.
Guess I'll be startin' a new post right about now, yessir.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:16:30 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: October 13, 2016, 01:19:47 am »

Loading tha game right now.
Not sure if I'm quite drunk yet. Oh, well, I did correct a FUCKING SHITLOAD of typos in my last post... I forgot to mention that. I'm still correcting typos, actually. I should probably stop doing that now, I guess? Anyway, let's take a look at the fort another swig and then take a look at the fort.

(It is 4:19 PM here, if anyone's interested in that sort of thing.)

Edit: JESUS H. CHRIST ARMOK what the fuck is this?!
Why is everything such a goddamn mess?! What's the deal with all these tiny too-- rooms wth NO DOORS? Where is the proacy *privacy in this place? Bloody hell, I need to clean things up around here. Once I've had a bit more to drink. that is.

Unfortunately I don'... well, I have money that I could, hypothetically spend on sb beer, but I really shouldn't. I'm saving it to party with tomorrow, after all. So many friends to be caught up with tomorrow, so many bands to see... yeah I'll probably need to booze it up all serious-like tomorrow.

...Ah who am I kidding. I should buy a slab now. What am I , some kinda pussy?
Lemme just check my bank account real quick, the liquor store's just across the road.

4:46 PM Edit: Alright, I am back, with a beer in my hand. Or well, it's actually on the table as I type this.
Not sure why I am typing a bit better now. Oh well. I'll drink more. A swig o' SoCo, a few swigs o' VB. Hooray! :D
...Gimme a while to get properly liquored up, wouldja? I might do a bit of a recce on the fort, but I doubt it'll help.

Edit 5:00 PM: I thiiiink I might be drunk enough... I just almost, very nearly commented on a post on social media from a "politically conscious" cousin of mine, uh, AMERICAN cousin of mien, with a response to  people talking abut being "doomed" which was a link to the Wikipedia page od Doom Metal. Uh. Thaat didn't make a whole lot of sense. I stopped correcting typos. , obviously. I'm thinking I'll go see if I can bum a cupcake off my housemates, then I might get started.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:02:34 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: October 13, 2016, 01:04:17 pm »

Yesss, it begins. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 341