Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1162842 times)

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Drunk Fortress: Come and Smell the Ashes]
« Reply #4635 on: October 13, 2016, 01:48:48 pm »

Yesss, it begins. o3o
It's been 12 hours, I think he died.
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: October 13, 2016, 02:22:38 pm »

...doh. Late dragon is late. ;_;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: October 13, 2016, 05:24:16 pm »

Well, in the case that Yoink bit the dust I might take a SHORt turn later. Might be a bit too drunk to start a turn. Currently in a bar and have drunk a couple bottles of relatively strong beer, some dark rum, a bottle of cream stout which name I don't remember, (maitila mooo milk stout?), Sonnisaari meripihkatappi something, g'night imperial red ale (really good) and something.. else. Not sure what. Will drink some of my apple wine soon and then perhaps a turn with more apple wine. Perhaps- Urph

Edit: Turns out it was imperial red IPA g'knight or something
Also, it seems that I'm two beers away from having drunk 100 different beers in that particular bar this year alone. And about about 40% of my drinks haven't even been registered in their system so 140ish? though most 12€+ beers are worth 2 beers in their system. Yay, I have spent between 600 to 1000 on different beers in that one bar alone this year. (only one mark per beer so no drinking the same thing twice)
..Should I feel ashamed or proud about this?

Edit: How much of this mess is caused by me and how much by other equally foolish idiots?

Seal the damn things!

It has been MOSTLY sealed?
Just one question: Who the hell pulled the damn lever?!? DO NOT PULL THE LEVER!

You know what? I don't even care. Just DON'T PULL THE DAMN LEVERS IF I BUILT THEM

Thoughts of the dorfs stuck in the dunderwater sections.

not very promising

By trhe way, can't get Dorf Rapist working

BUilding?

But that's, eh? I don't even want to know

The Green vomit spots mean that it's a dorf trail poic8

Migrants
Did some engraving and building above ground
Naryer is engraving dead buckwheat and ogres killed by elves. Naryer is also engravings dorfs getting butchered by FBs. As expected
Also keas stealing pig tail shoes

Not my problem. So long suckers.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12503
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:45:00 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: October 13, 2016, 06:24:00 pm »

The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: October 13, 2016, 07:43:02 pm »

SHORt
I feel an ominous chill.
Sorry to ruin your ominious feel. It is short this time around. Too tired for a long turn
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: October 13, 2016, 07:47:04 pm »

Well that went haywire quickly. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: October 13, 2016, 07:48:11 pm »

Yesss, it begins. o3o
It's been 12 hours, I think he died.
Yep. Pretty much.

Got distracted partying with my housemates and woke up on the toilet soaked with blood and urine. O.o
Whoops. I think I must have fell off something at some point, judging by the injuries. ...Good ol' Scruffy, saving the day! I'd read the turn more thoroughly, but I need to imbibe some more hair of the dog, first.

Oh and unfortunately I can't take another turn just now, since I'm going out in a while. And probably getting a fresh hangover in the process.

'Tis a pity I didn't get to make the most of that first-post-on-the-page post, but alas.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: October 14, 2016, 05:33:43 am »

Urgh
I was far drunker than I sounded like. Couldn't manage a longer turn or even get anything interesting done.
Drunk too much, started too late

Et tu, Urist

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: October 20, 2016, 12:00:45 pm »

I seem to vaguely recall pulling some levera to see what they did. And they didnt seem to do anything. So that may have been me.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: October 24, 2016, 03:42:21 pm »

I downloaded the save. I'm not taking a turn just now, especially since I have a midterm in an hour, I just wanted to look at a Drunk Fort sober for once.
I had to download a new version of Dwarf Fortress to open it. Holy hannah.

- More than half of the fortress' population is either "nobles" (read as: mostly dancers and bards) or children. Despite this, we have no appraiser, broker, bookkeeper, or chief medical dwarf.
- We have a bajillionty food. We seriously might have Too Damn Much food.
- We have 49 artifacts... or rather, 49 entries on the artifacts page. 10 of them are actual artifacts, and as far as I can tell, the most useful one is an artifact Naked Mole Rat Bone bin that's being used to store leather. There's also a mechanism, a single solid gold boot, and a skirt. The non-artifact artifacts are all books or scrolls or "codexes" that detail one single event, and according to the few descriptions I read, none of them are even decently written. Some are, like, maybe not horrible...
- Oh my gosh, we have a militia. It even has a legendary member! Scruffy, the legendary miner.
- There's this one obvious "I want to drop a schist-ton of rock here" project going on, but it's still supported by a few random pillars. It needs fixing, by which I mean we need to hurry up and drop that lump of rock. Is that something I started...? I don't remember, it's been a while. And I was probably drunk  :P
- I see the adamantine. It's right there, we just need to set up an airlocked mining colony and go get it. And then screw up and find that the recent clown craze terrorizing America has been coming from Dwarf Fortress this whole time.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 03:44:43 pm by Shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Tuxfanturnip

• Bay Watcher
  • The OS, the tuber, also this bird now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: October 29, 2016, 01:51:57 pm »

"That's eh" indeed, is that a canadian flag made of magma?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: October 30, 2016, 05:37:34 pm »

"That's eh" indeed, is that a canadian flag made of magma?

It is! I made it on Canada Day ^_^
Unfortunately, my sense of patriotism is not matched by my Drunk Pixel Art skills.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: November 05, 2016, 06:44:30 pm »

Good news, everyone!
As of Monday, it's Reading Week at university (meaning no classes) and Slow Week at work (meaning I don't have any shifts scheduled except on weedends  :-\), so I actually have time to get drunk!

I'll be taking a turn on...... Tuesday? Wednesday? Eh, next week sometime.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: November 06, 2016, 12:19:24 pm »

Surely you ought to....you know.... read, instead? :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: November 06, 2016, 01:08:28 pm »

Surely you ought to....you know.... read, instead? :P
The only things Dorfs read are Alcohol content labels.
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 341