Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138661 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Drunk Fortress: Come and Smell the Ashes]
« Reply #4665 on: November 08, 2016, 01:39:47 pm »

Drunk Shoruke: HOLY SHIT OH MY GOD EVERYTHING IS BREAKING AND DYING WHAAAAT
Community: Yeah, that sounds about right.

It's why we love this thread  :D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:43:35 pm by Shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: November 08, 2016, 02:35:35 pm »

It's been a while, I wonder what's new with Drunkfo--

Oh, nothing out of the ordinary I see.

BitterTait

• Bay Watcher
  • keeper of the lint.
    • View Profile
    • HoA labs
« Reply #4667 on: November 08, 2016, 06:27:24 pm »

Ok,
Most of a fifth of 30% vodka, half a fifth of 35% rum, quarter fifth of tequila,
few shots of Good whiskey, quarter handle of Bad whiskey, and about a 3rd of a box of Box whiskey.  A bit of fake "Moonshine" in the metal can.  Box of pino in the fridge. The mason jar has a failed coffee/burbon infusion made by a friend.  Tastes vaguely like eating burning coffee grounds.  most of a 5th of Jepson's Malort, which is the worse liquor I have ever had and this is after a lifetime of actively searching for bad liquor. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just took two shots of tequila and am drinking a 60/40 mix of horribly disgusting Steelhouse "moonshine" and the disgustingly horrible mountan dew "dewshine"  While horrible individually, mixed together it's actually pretty good, so I call the drink "Two wrongs make a right". 

18:48 Kicking in.  Desire to sing along to folk musig 80%.  Removing delete key to avoid temptation.

Assets: 81 citiziens, many blinking.  Including one DarnKid.  Many elf citizenns. 

Liabilities: Pants.  Goblin Lashiers.  Apparently no dedicated bookkeeper?  Dwarfed DrunkTait as bookkeeper.  Now go forth and keep books

18:55: Tower is useful but lacks fortifications.  Need to build fortifications to let archrs rain death upon gooobos. Tequila shot

19:09 Have never seen brown and grey 7's.  What does this EVBEN MEAN?

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 07:08:56 pm by BitterTait »

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: November 08, 2016, 07:11:08 pm »

Ok,
Most of a fifth of 30% vodka, half a fifth of 35% rum, quarter fifth of tequila,
few shots of Good whiskey, quarter handle of Bad whiskey, and about a 3rd of a box of Box whiskey.  A bit of fake "Moonshine" in the metal can.  Box of pino in the fridge. The mason jar has a failed coffee/burbon infusion made by a friend.  Tastes vaguely like eating burning coffee grounds.  most of a 5th of Jepson's Malort, which is the worse liquor I have ever had and this is after a lifetime of actively searching for bad liquor. 

I really hope this is what you Have not what you've drunk, because unless your liver was made by the gods themselves you're so very dead right now.
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

BitterTait

• Bay Watcher
  • keeper of the lint.
    • View Profile
    • HoA labs
« Reply #4669 on: November 08, 2016, 07:25:43 pm »

Don't worry, sum total of Liquor assets.  Most bottle s near empty.  And will have some tomrorro.
\
Except tequioal.  Tequila gone. 

Figured out where somoke came from some random burning codex, attempting to put out same.  Tying to do so without huydraolics. 

19:28 Seig apparenly broken.  Need to find out how to open gate
wo ist meine Werkstatt!   only thing easey to find right now is the cioffins. 

New drink:  70/30 Beet juice and vodka.  I call it a Russian peasant. 

1956 So apparently we're down to 28 citizens, including Darnkids, and 2300 units of booze, ratio unacceptable.  More booze.! 

20:16: Too many darnkids, must defend sdarn kids.  Building chamber for darnkdi isolation.  Probably won't ave beagling rooms, as they probably wont' survivle t o be supersoldirs just hope they die last

20:31  If my math is correct, we are 5 closed doors away from being flooded.  With bloo DOOM.  may haeve to build walls.  Will have tho make mason.s  Near as I can tell 43% of the population is some sor tof nondwarf performer

20:44 Blind cave troll!   Can't screenshot because it is blinking.  Tried five times, always bliniked blunk glbalnked not present in screenshot.  Will try and ghet guests to take out seame

20:56: Red and yellow, and pink and gree n, I can sing a rainbow, of organs, that we have siplled out for you!

Cabe ogre dead.  Setting put traps so future cabe ogres an be trappe3d for explotation . 

Autiuim has come.  Save the game and take a shot.  Out of tequila, doing Rum.

Whish I had some Sno shoe grog.  50/50 admeral nelson and sno shoe grogg == the dreaded rear admeral, my 5th vaforate invitednd drink

Caravann!! there are dto depots.  Dont know which needpo .  Need an adult.  NEED AN ADULT!!!@!

Thy are lal leaving.  They are fouding us wanting. 

Must take shame shot.  Punishment whiskye. 

21:45

Darnit khikiled child go into my champber of isolation, you will be fed, you will be safe, and no goblis will beagle you

Getting tired.  Pulling out fcoffee inufsion. 

21:53

Sweet chamblis/prebus!  More grist for the mill!

By Jingo, dwarves!  Engrave them slabbbs!  I need the gostst to stop maiking mistchif, and I need an excuse to drink to the dead!

Water is frozen.  Too belgum ethanfaced to pump up magma.  Will try mining water down!

Gravity is a harsm mistriess, to day shie is my mistress!

The end result?  Golden millston.  3 on a scaile of one to earring with uslessness

23:34 Ghosts are lno longer a concern pants are no longer a liability.  out of good whiskey. Bah.

Scroll is lno longer on fire!  Victory shot of Vodka.  Takein in nuclear testing musam shot glass, for !!science!!

0:07 Mother Ratting piece of dooty. 

why coytotes?  cocytes ate my kitty!  must kill cocytes

Totsting marmaduke.  He was too good for this sinfulworld

yote keeps swimming.  hpoe he knows fee.r.

0:27 aaparently hoe doesn't know traps is and now it the fort, messing with people.  AN d farting death. 

To the remaining 12:  we happy few will live in debt to them that killed the invading coyote. 

0:48 Soooo everyone is either a chijld, a bard, or resing off injuriyes.  Please, please bring more immagrants

1:20 Prince consort traieded with the elfs.  I seased what theyt had that I had use for, and oter goods besieds.  Just to tsho those hippie elves that children and Fops cna take from them and the y cannt stop it. 

1:40 AAnd we're losing inured wdorfs to dehidration.  The filthy children would rather paly make beilve than they owould feed gtheir elders. 

1:47 More Migrants!  Grist may selve this mill!

And it's summer.  Have orders for new slabs, think I've got all of the water ingresses ready.  Ddn't re-dorf the migrants but didn't fpull a full Wxrex, so I'll take what vicorisie I can today

jhttp://hoalabs.com/forumimages/DF/liurossdf.zip

Will have SoberTait uplaod it to the dfdbibvint thingig tomorrow when I can figure it out.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 02:31:17 am by BitterTait »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: November 08, 2016, 07:29:26 pm »

19:09 Have never seen brown and grey 7's.  What does this EVBEN MEAN?
Oh, that's just a pool of standard dwarven muck. A combination of mud, silty clay loam, dozens of kinds of blood, vomit, pus, about every kind of booze that has ever been spilled in that dining hall and minor traces of water (eww)
A primordial ooze from which all things dwarven stem

Edit: Hurrah! For as long as our entire booze supply is under 7/7 urists of water we are never going to run out of booze
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 08:01:38 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: November 08, 2016, 08:35:09 pm »

as long as our entire booze supply is under 7/7 urists of water we are never going to run out of booze
...Well, you're not wrong, per se...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

BitterTait

• Bay Watcher
  • keeper of the lint.
    • View Profile
    • HoA labs
« Reply #4672 on: November 09, 2016, 02:21:22 pm »

Still can't find my delete key.  Drunk Me apparently hid it somewhere.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12553

Now I'm going to crawl away from the light for a while.

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: November 09, 2016, 02:31:30 pm »

Do you think America is an aliens drunk fortress?
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: November 09, 2016, 08:29:55 pm »

I really want to take another turn, and actually be productive, but can someone help me (or build me) a modded tileset for the most recent build, as LNP isnt up to date?

also, a humble request that if/when (who am I kidding, WHEN) it all goes down and dies, can we swap backwards to a version compatible with LNP?

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: November 09, 2016, 09:52:59 pm »

I really want to take another turn, and actually be productive, but can someone help me (or build me) a modded tileset for the most recent build, as LNP isnt up to date?

also, a humble request that if/when (who am I kidding, WHEN) it all goes down and dies, can we swap backwards to a version compatible with LNP?
Well, unless you want some kind of a fancy GUI for managing your tilesets, d_init and whatnot I don't really see any reason why LNP would be required.
I don't know much about tilesets but seems like atleast phoebus has something for 43.05 in github and I don't really see any reason why older versions shouldn't work too unless you want something really fancy. There should also be working dorf the rapist memory_layouts and dfhack for 43.05 for atleast 32bit and presumably for 64bit too though I haven't tested them.
Not sure about the linux versions

Edit: Seems like Ironhand has been up to date for months too
Which do you prefer or do you want some other tileset and creature graphics?

Edit: Bah. Annoying old raws from an earlier version keep haunting the save (Toad_giant and tigermen, I'm looking at you and your friends)

Anyway, I slapped something together that should work. Pretty much just readded the raws to the save and added Phoebus and Dwarf Therapist. Was tempted to add dfhack but decided to leave it out so it won't confuse or scare away potential drunkards and trigger their anti-virus programs.
The minor downside is that it's for 32bit dorffort due to Dwarf Therapist (using a 32bit memory_layout that Quietust posted) Those using Linux should be able to find 64bit memory_layouts easily though
I'm really tired and somewhat drunk so there might be some random leftover files from my frankensteinian butche.. erm ..surgery but it should work well enough

In the end this seems like a waste of effort so perhaps I shouldn't upload them as a bundle after all. DFFD is full of releases with tilesets and PyLNP so it would be pointless to add yet another different pack in the mix. The only thing missing is dwarf therapist (and the raws from the save) Just download something like Lazy WinDoze pack (since it has an option to run the 32bit version of the game) or something. Updating the save for a new tileset might have to be done manually since our world is from an older version and the raws  can't just be overwritten (some changes in the creature raws I think)

Yet another edit:
I could just slap a few extra graphics in the save so it would support (I presume? No idea actually) a handful of graphic packs without the need to add files to the save's raws manually. Then PyLNP (the thing LNP uses) should be able to change graphic packs without having to update the save manually. It would make the save a bit bulkier though. Ironhand 16x, Phoebus 16x, Mayday 16x, Taffer and ofcourse the standard Curses should be enough, right? It (presumably) shouldn't affect those that don't want to use them but would allow those using LNP-like things to use them. Perhaps
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 12:26:19 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: November 10, 2016, 01:56:00 am »

You know what? I won't be getting any sleep anyway so might aswell do something unneccessary.
Here:

Lazy Drunkard's !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Pack

Lazy and drunken in both name and mentality it contains just bare essentials. Perhaps more later. Use the save below for the next turn or the graphic sets won't work properly

BitterTait's save but compatible with a few graphic sets
(Since the world was generated in an older version and PyLNP doesn't like tinkering with the raw folders of saves from earlier DF versions and we don't want any more Tiger_man or Toad_giant errors from loading save after someone tried using Phoebus or something)

Edit: Aaand as expected there is already something moderately strange going on with the dwarf tiles. Phoebus is using Mayday's dwarf tiles for some reason. Curses is still as it should be so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll look into it in the morning
Edit: Well, it seems like I made a mistake copying stuff somewhere. Was pretty easily fixed. I blame it on my tiredness. Will upload a fixed version
Or not. Seems like it's just the raws not wanting to play with PyLNP. Standard dwarf faces work as expected but dwarf tiles refuse to change when changing graphic set and need to be manually cleared if you want to, for an example, go from Ironhand to Phoebus. A minor problem
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:13:08 am by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: November 10, 2016, 11:26:47 am »

And I'm just over here like
"What, y'all didn't prepare for non-tileset Dorf Fortress by playing ADOM or something?"

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
  • Mox alter equo vita reale at solis occasum equitat
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!
« Reply #4678 on: November 10, 2016, 03:05:46 pm »

*returns to DF*
*DrunkF is still a thing*
some threads will never die I guess. (Are we still doin necrothread?) You dorfs are amazing. Last time I played, this thread just started iirc.
Aaaanyway - I'm back into dorfing, I want to be dorfed and I've reasons to get wasted. You give me a running version of whatever version you're playing (i.e. does that LDP work already?), I'll give myself some shots of whatever we have for drinking and than I could take a shot at sailing this fort home on booze. And Magma.

Whatever it is what I just said.
*returns to bay12*
*forgets how to brain humanly*

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: November 11, 2016, 03:21:55 pm »

Do you mean Necrothreat by necrothread?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 341