Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1163327 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Drunk Fortress: Come and Smell the Ashes]
« Reply #4755 on: January 01, 2017, 12:42:55 am »

Teer will be military!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: January 01, 2017, 12:53:34 am »

A mot!
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: January 01, 2017, 01:01:04 am »

Pbbbbt. I have no idea dafuq is going on.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: January 01, 2017, 09:51:33 am »

Pbbbbt. I have no idea dafuq is going on.
DRUNK FORTRESS-!
...Success?
Maybe?
Prossibly not after like 11 hours?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: January 01, 2017, 12:33:56 pm »

I assume the Forgotten Hangover has come and ate Ifeno.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: January 01, 2017, 07:46:47 pm »

Okay guys.  I uhhhhh...I checked the save.  I clearly did some playing, however I was not able to do any updates.  Sober me will now attempt to update you on whatever it is drunk me did last night.  *post coming soon-ish*

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: January 01, 2017, 07:50:07 pm »

So you have vanquished the hangover. Yey.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: January 01, 2017, 07:55:53 pm »

I actually wasn't hungover but I have very little memory of last night.  I'm currently trying to backtrace my steps by comparing the original save to my current save and seeing what's different.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: January 01, 2017, 07:57:17 pm »

I actually wasn't hungover but I have very little memory of last night.  I'm currently trying to backtrace my steps by comparing the original save to my current save and seeing what's different.
:P
Good luck!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: January 01, 2017, 08:00:41 pm »

I'm gonna do my update as 1 big, collective post detailing all the weird shit I've found.  Some of it's pretty baffling.  The strangest thing I've found is what I'm going to call "The smiling room".

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: January 01, 2017, 11:12:57 pm »

The update!

From what I can tell, drunk me undertook a number of nonsensical projects, none of which were completed.  It's hard to say what drunk me considered "complete" though.

First off the important things:  I seem to have caused the deaths of 20-30 dwarves.  We're also currently under siege.  Drunk me saved as soon as the siege arrived so whomever comes next has their work cut out for them to make sure the remaining 15 or so dwarves don't get murdered by gobbos.

The first thing I noticed is that drunk me decided to widen the staircase.  I seem to have been semi-intelligent about it and prevented(?) creating additional entrances to the caverns.  I also seem to have sealed off the only entrance to the caverns that we had.  I vaguely remember fighting cavern monsters so I guess I must have thought it was the right thing to do in the name of safety.  I also created a roof entrance to the fortress that I entirely walled in.

Sealed Cavern Entrance:

Roof Entrance:

The next thing I noticed is that I appear to have been working on another floor for the weird "wooden tower" we have going on at the entrance.  At first I thought nothing of it, but then I went up a floor to see what else I had built an...

2nd Floor:
3rd Floor:

I've decided to call it "The Smiling Room".

The next "project" I found seems to be a series of workshops surrounded by walls?  I really don't know what the plan here was...

Workshop "Room":

The next thing I found is that I built a barracks and had assigned the digging of a new room, which, by proximity, I assume was intended to be a 2nd graveyard for all the dwarves I had lost.

Barracks:
Graveyard(?):

Finally I found this "lever room".  Idk what it was with drunk me last night, but he was really into walling shit in.  I think the lever is hooked up to that floodgate in front of the door near the bedrooms.  I think I wanted to wash away all the blood?  Idk, but we can how temporarily flood the bedrooms.  If we ever wanted to do that...

Lever:
Floodgate:

So that's it!  That's all I found.  I'm sure there's other, pointless nonsense I did, but these seem to be the big ones.

Very important information for the next Overseer:
Although we have a barracks, WE DO NOT HAVE A MILITARY!  We can't fight the goblins, you have to seal us off until help arrives or they leave.

Save:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 11:21:56 pm by Ifeno »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: January 04, 2017, 11:27:51 am »

I added a reference to that turn on the TvTropes page.
Nice.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: January 04, 2017, 11:52:22 am »

I may take a turn soon ! My fridge's loaded with beer.

I have a beer shop rather close to where I live now, and there are tons of IPA's and things.

Today on the menu is local Marseille beer, plus a French triple from where I don't know.

Edit: Disregard that, I am too sober to play. Well, another day.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 06:31:14 pm by Naryar »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: January 12, 2017, 11:21:33 am »

May take a turn this evening. Will have to see.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: January 12, 2017, 06:01:49 pm »

Alright, taking a turn indeed !

00:00 I'm pretty drunk. Save is downloaded. I have had some beer alreayd guyss ; Time to start playing
00:06 I have eaten, suddenly feeling less drunk. THIS MUST NOT HAPPEN. TIme to get more drunk...

Opening save

00:09 Alright... there is 10 invader gobs or some shit... I don't know exaclty how much lol

must wall fort, guess we're not strong enough to take them all

KHORNE DISAPPROVES BUT WHATEVERE

00:17 Yeah... none of rorur soldeirs have even skills... im walling guys im wallingngng

TRUMP

00:21 Building a door out of random, closely located materials. activattigng burrows "GET INSIDE FUCKWIS"

this is ea great name

00:25 FPS is lag. the gobs are not threatening me yet. the dwarves aren't building this sfithgin. maybe i should make severalr elayers of locking walls

00:27 OH NEVERMIND LOL THIS IS A BIG ONE

Nearly one page of trolls,s same twith the beak dogs, and four pages of bogbglins. We're os fucked gudise

the civilians are spamming item inaccessible and dropoff inaccesible warnings. well yo'ure under siege, no shit

00:36 Tge walls are being done, bravely ! WE HDIE BAVIELRY ! It seems the gobs won't get us todau

00:39 DF just crached... lets see what's the last save

Back to start ! D:

0:44 saving some closed dwarf in the depths. making walls. Again.

0:50 due to some derping, the goblins are charging the trap lines. let's see if the trap lines can stop them.

if not... we're fucked.

0:55 Tge game crashed again D:<

As the goblins and trolsls dewere throwing themselves against he traps lines.

Well, back to the origianald save. BAh, I'm getting enough. The fort's pretty fucked as it is, if it didn't crash we'll probably have a broken strength fsoon enough.

Maybe I should continue this saver later.

nevermind the turn, it's pissing me off
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 08:42:56 pm by Naryar »
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 341