Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1162306 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Eight Posted; Reclaim 1 Year 4... !!MAGMA!!ed.]
« Reply #480 on: September 24, 2012, 03:19:54 am »

Dorf me as usual, Peregar 3rd (or which one? anyway, just Peregar then), Captain. Skills whatever, but choose that one who likes dwarven rum.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 24, 2012, 08:09:55 pm »

Kamin, considering how much you are picky from site selection, perhaps it would be best if you chose the site for the new fort if we go that route.

I am drunk tonight (relationship issues, otherwise I wouldn't be drinking on Monday night), but my FPS for the current fort is running at 3-4.  Also, you better check your Mafia game, htere's a very good chance you'll get lynched.

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #482 on: September 24, 2012, 08:25:42 pm »

Tell me if this is stupid.. (and it might just be) but I just got DFTerm up and working, if you don't know what it is or does, link:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=50643.0

Basically a DF instance is ran on a server/computer, and everyone else can use a telnet client to log in and CONTROL/WATCH the game. At the same time. It's pretty amazing. I wonder what kind of possibilities lie with this technology... Or it would just ruin the whole story-telling-back stuff and make it less entertaining.

Sorry, I'm just really excited about this haha.
Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #483 on: September 25, 2012, 01:42:41 am »

Kamin, considering how much you are picky from site selection, perhaps it would be best if you chose the site for the new fort if we go that route.

I am drunk tonight (relationship issues, otherwise I wouldn't be drinking on Monday night), but my FPS for the current fort is running at 3-4.  Also, you better check your Mafia game, htere's a very good chance you'll get lynched.

I suppose I will update the poll and decide where to go from here, unless someone gets drunk and decides for us and just plays. Obviously, 3-4 FPS is completely unplayable; it'd be fucking hell to try and actually squeeze out even a day at that rate.

I am sorry to hear about your relationship issues, Sir Jervill. They are... Well, probably the worst thing pretty much evar. I hope everything works out. In fact, I'm sure it all will.

Thanks for the update on the Mafia, by the way. If I get lynched, town loses. I tried my best to state my case just a bit earlier, but we'll see just how discriminating my fellow town members are.

Tell me if this is stupid.. (and it might just be) but I just got DFTerm up and working, if you don't know what it is or does, link:

Basically a DF instance is ran on a server/computer, and everyone else can use a telnet client to log in and CONTROL/WATCH the game. At the same time. It's pretty amazing. I wonder what kind of possibilities lie with this technology... Or it would just ruin the whole story-telling-back stuff and make it less entertaining.

That's actually not stupid at all! I must admit that I have no idea what to do with it, but if other drunkards were to get something going on there, I certainly wouldn't be opposed!

Alright, now let's see where we're going from here...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 25, 2012, 03:14:14 am »

It's too bad that you can't have more than one input at the same time. That would be glorious.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #485 on: September 25, 2012, 06:30:41 am »

It's too bad that you can't have more than one input at the same time. That would be glorious.

I know, that would be awesome! But I still think there is potential for a lot of fun with a set up like this!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 25, 2012, 06:42:51 am »

Well, it wouldn't really work for the story-telling. In my turn, I was pausing the game to type what is going on a lot, and to make screenshots etc.

However, it might make stuff maybe even more chaotic, and I can definitely see the merit of drunk DFTerming. Perhaps in a new thread/world?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #487 on: September 25, 2012, 06:53:09 am »

Well, it wouldn't really work for the story-telling. In my turn, I was pausing the game to type what is going on a lot, and to make screenshots etc.

However, it might make stuff maybe even more chaotic, and I can definitely see the merit of drunk DFTerming. Perhaps in a new thread/world?

Yea that's the only way it would work, it is definitely a different style of chaotic gameplay! (I like this one the way it is too..) :D

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 25, 2012, 09:03:51 am »

DFTerm is fascinating concept, but it doesn't look like it supports the current version.

I'm for a new site, either picked by Kamin or by the Next Drunk.
Drunken Site Assessment could be entertaining, or it could lead to less Fun, it's hard to say.
A volcano is mandatory of course, and a zombifying zone is probably best avoided.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #489 on: September 25, 2012, 09:53:40 am »

DFTerm is fascinating concept, but it doesn't look like it supports the current version.

I'm running a server right now with 0.34.11. You just need to update the config with new checksums for the new version. I haven't had anything break as of yet.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 25, 2012, 02:08:36 pm »

Nice!
That would actually allow us to continue the current fort.
My box can run it at 16-19FPS.
If I spend some quality time with a backup rig and make it into a server I can probably get 25 out of it. 2600k at ~5GHz and 2200MHz 7-10-7-1t ram works wonders.

I don't have an issue with a new fort, either.

EDIT:
How bout a volcano in the tundra?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:11:10 pm by Bobnova »
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #491 on: September 25, 2012, 07:57:35 pm »

How bout a volcano in the tundra?
All of the votes seemed to point to exactly that, so I have genned a new world with those embark possibilities since the old one had 0 such sites. I have added new embark maps to the OP as well as a poll for site voting!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year One Open: A Brave New Chapter]
« Reply #492 on: September 25, 2012, 09:38:51 pm »

Good news! As of now, a TV Tropes link leads TO the Drunk Fortress Tropes page! Check Epic Fail.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 25, 2012, 09:49:54 pm »

Good news! As of now, a TV Tropes link leads TO the Drunk Fortress Tropes page! Check Epic Fail.

Smexellent. Linky?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 25, 2012, 09:55:09 pm »

Smexellent. Linky?

People always get angry at me when I post TV Tropes links...and Epic Rail's not a hard trope to find. Also I'm on my tablet at the moment, nd it doesn't copy-paste well. Just head to the Drunk Fortress TV Tropes page, look at the tropes, find Epic Fail, click on it, head to the Dwarf Fortress section of the Video Games folder, nd read the final bit!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 341