Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138630 times)

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [New World: Mods? Come and vote!]
« Reply #4800 on: February 19, 2017, 04:32:09 am »

Why not advance worldgen, by selecting each parameter, while you are drunk?
In my experience adv worldgen works about 1/5 times in Normal df when you're being sensible, adv+drunk+mods is not a winningly stable combination.
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: February 19, 2017, 12:55:32 pm »

I actually started off trying advanced worldgen first, but the end result killed up every civilization except kobolds. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: February 20, 2017, 02:03:22 pm »

HEY LOOK, IT'S HITLER!

Sorry, Godwin's law.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: February 20, 2017, 04:16:38 pm »

I legit dunno how bolds survived. Chances are if I'd actually hit embark on it, it would've said the dead was dead or dying, so it's likely that no one survived.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: March 18, 2017, 02:33:21 am »

My last day of class is April 6th, but my first final exam isn't until April 17th.
Guess when my next turn of Drunk Fortress is...  ;D
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: March 18, 2017, 11:28:09 am »

Dooo iiit. 3:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: April 05, 2017, 10:30:14 pm »

Oh good, Shoruke is going to save us. I was just coming in here to demand that someone take a bloody turn already!
Don't look at me, I just moved house and am pretty strapped for cash.    
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: April 06, 2017, 09:57:34 am »

Yiss, please. Before I start thinking I've killed Drunk Fortress with my awful modding. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: April 06, 2017, 09:59:07 am »

I swear, this fortress is the only thing that's ever made me want to drink. Ah well, sobriety for eternity! :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: April 06, 2017, 10:25:32 pm »

Yiss, please. Before I start thinking I've killed Drunk Fortress with my awful modding. ;w;
Psssh, mods couldn't kill Drunk Fortress if they tried. Someone would just get drunk and be like "FUCK your shit-ass modded world I'mma just start a new one"
...Which I'm considering doing, just with less swearing.
I haven't decided.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: April 07, 2017, 01:46:02 pm »

Psssh, mods couldn't kill Drunk Fortress if they tried. Someone would just get drunk and be like "FUCK your shit-ass modded world I'mma just start a new one"
I haven't decided.

No one's even tried a turn in said shit-ass modded world. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: April 07, 2017, 08:16:16 pm »

I haven't decided.

No one's even tried a turn in said shit-ass modded world. ;w;

Maybe because the link to the mod from the Kobold Camp thread says "file not found" >_>
Tell you what, if you can send me this link and I can get the mod working in like 2 hours, I'll try and fail miserably to play Kobold Kamp. Otherwise I'll just do a vanilla drunk fortress turn.

EDIT: Oh right, mods only affect new games, not in-progress ones. I loaded the kobold fort save successfully.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:20:23 pm by Shoruke »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: April 07, 2017, 08:23:52 pm »

Maybe because the link to the mod from the Kobold Camp thread says "file not found" >_>
Tell you what, if you can send me this link and I can get the mod working in like 2 hours, I'll try and fail miserably to play Kobold Kamp. Otherwise I'll just do a vanilla drunk fortress turn.

What. Nonsense, I just now checked the link and it goes here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12233

Even if that were the case, I did a turn. You don't need the mod itself if the save is modded. >_>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: April 07, 2017, 09:00:48 pm »

EDIT: Oh right, mods only affect new games, not in-progress ones. I loaded the kobold fort save successfully.

Derp. Any excuse to not play my crappy mods. <3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: April 07, 2017, 10:14:38 pm »

I'm starting the drunkening process now.
...I also realize that I bought orange juice to go with my coconut rum... but I have no coconut rum. Nor any other kind of rum.  :'(
But I DO have some flat coke zero, half a bottle of Creme de Menthe, half a giant-ass bottle o' vodka, and the dregs of some Amaretto's. I should be able to get sufficiently drunk on this.

Also, this is going to be my first experience with Kobold Kamp, so... expect disasters.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 341