Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1163036 times)

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]
« Reply #4995 on: November 07, 2021, 01:11:12 am »

So I haven't been able to do anything really.  Dwarves just keep dying of dehydration left and right.  I had the 3 remaining laborers all assigned to mining and weaponsmithing to make picks but 1 of them just thirsted to death..

A number of them have also starved / dehydrated to death also...
Spoiler: The end? (click to show/hide)

There are 2 dwarves supposedly capable of having labors assigned to them.  I wasn't able to get them to do anything however.  It seems like they are soon to die as well.  But that's the next overseer's problem now.

Spring has arrived!
The Save

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: November 08, 2021, 04:07:59 pm »

Fuck it, the fort appeared to be unrecoverable, I'll see it through to the end...

Currently about 50 ounces deep into some hard ciders.  First notification is from DF Hack showing 3 dwarves dehydrated.  Year 255, first day of first month.  There are 4 citizens, 1 child, 1 goblin bard, 1 gem setter (quite injured), and 1 unconscious mason

Spoiler: Gen Setter (click to show/hide)

Also, just got the hiccups/
The child is already haggard at 11 years old, so I don't expect much even if the fort persists.
The goblin bard is also haggard...

Edit: So essentially the fort has 1 darf capable of doing anything.  Yeehaw!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 04:10:38 pm by Schmaven »

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: November 08, 2021, 04:21:26 pm »

Alright, well the mason died in the hospital, and the gem setter was overcome by the stresses of day-to-day living; so I'm callin gthis one a loss.  I'm going to try a new embark. 

I;ve got chili on the stove, so I'm just going t olet it play out for now and re-embark once the chili is done (pretty soon)Update to follow:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 04:23:42 pm by Schmaven »

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: November 08, 2021, 05:34:28 pm »

Down to just the goblin bard and the 11 year old haggard child, who seems to have drawn the attention of some ghosts.

Some goblins invaded, and everyone died, but the game kept going.  I think maybe if visitors are still alive, they could potentially apply for citizenship and recover the fortt?  IJ'm following the human axeman for now to see how he does.
Spoiler: Announcements (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Citizens (click to show/hide)
Tghe goblins and trolls just left.  weird.  The visitors appear to be stranded in the tavern.

This is taking quite a while longer than I expected for things to implode.  So I don't think it would be helpful to start a new embar,k ta this point .  Whomever picks this up next, just start a fresh embark and go for it.

Edit: I posted too soon, migrants arrived!  Let's see if this can ve saved

So I noticed there were no underground farms.  I designated a section for mining, and eneabled mining on everoyone.  I though tit as inaccessible, but then following some of the diggers, I just let them carve away at who knows what past designations there were.  I saw portions of the fort connectded, and exploratory tunnels. 

Also, I found some massive zinc ore excavation had already been done.  Why do we need zinc?
Spoiler: zinc ore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: more zinc ore (click to show/hide)
We have no fuel, and no magma forges...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 05:50:04 pm by Schmaven »

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: November 08, 2021, 08:30:40 pm »

A plump helmet farm was created, and slabs were constructed to put some ghosts at rest.

Some other farm zones were discovdered while wondering what the dwarves were doing while not placing the slabs.
Spoiler: More farm land (click to show/hide)

Still waiting for the still to be built to keep the plump helmets going, but it's the prepared foods that are lacking.
Spoiler: z-screen (click to show/hide)

Trying to appoint a broker lead to a very confusing noblaes screen
Spoiler: nobles (click to show/hide)

I'm letting the 6 dwarves just plant seeds and harvest food for now. 

While pasturing some animals who were starving, I think I found 1 of the previous overseers? 
Spoiler: Overlord (click to show/hide)

I should read more of the previous posts at some point...
But there is cause for yet more hope - 7 more migrants have arrived!  We have a lucky population of 13 working dwarves now!

Well there was...
This world has were-rhinocerouses!
Spoiler: Were-Rhino arrives (click to show/hide)

Everyone was immediately drafted and sent after the beast.
Everyone was killed.
But another theory as to how the fort did not die at 0 citizens was discovered:  There is a squad currently sent out on a raid.

The wererhinoceros bites the wrestler in the lower body, then shakes him around, spilling his guts.
The wererhinoceros bites the recruit in the upper body and shakes it until arteries were torn.
The wererhinoceros bites the recruit in the head, the shakes until the skull collapes. (x2)
The wererhinoceros bites the left lower leg and right uppeer leg off of another recruit, who died of bloodloss.
The wererhinoceros bites the marksdwarf in the head and shakes until the upper spine collapes.
The wererhinoceros bites Solon Cilobisan in the upper body, shaking him around until arteries are opened. 
Three more bites and shakes to the head for 3 more kills.
Another died by a bite to the neck, severing it completely.
A recruit was dismembered (all but the right leg) after spilling his guts and then dying.
Another lost to the head bite/shake maneuver.
A different recruit lost his right foot, hand, and left lower leg before a bit and shake of the upper body opened arteries.

I think that was 1 more death than we had citizens, but there were some visitors in the fray.

...And the beast turned back into a peasant and ran off th emap
So much for a recovery.
Yet still the game has not ended.

The 1 inaccessible squad has been assigned to raid the Dark Goblin Pits of Nightmarevoices.  Nearly a day's travel away.  It has been several months, yet they are still traveling?
There are still 11 guests, so I suppose they could be keeping this ship burning just as well.
Not that they bring much hope: a swordsdwarf with no sword, and a marksdwarf. 
Well, they just left.  And some more bards came with a baron consort.  14 bards in total. 
Really hoping for a petition or some migrants right about now.

Spring has arrived. 

So it seems it just won't die.  I suppose it's up the next overseer whether to just watch the bards and await some new migrants, or to start a fresh embark.  If you do wait it out, I advise building a door to the outside world and locking it to at least slow down the wererhinocerouses.  Before the last one laid waste to the fort, I had started to build a drawbridge at the front entrance, and managed to get a lever built in the SW corner of the empty part of the crafting level.  It never got a chance to get linked up though.

Edit: Link fixed
the save

Good luck! 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 06:03:32 am by Schmaven »

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: November 08, 2021, 11:02:51 pm »

Dude.  Your last save is an empty folder.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: November 09, 2021, 05:29:32 am »

Dude.  Your last save is an empty folder.

Oops, thanks for the heads up.

I just uploaded the save again, this time without the room spinning, so it should be there now.

Kokrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: November 09, 2021, 05:33:43 am »

I'd like to pick this up and bring the fort to its miserable end if nobody else has volunteered?

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: November 09, 2021, 06:02:08 am »

I'd like to pick this up and bring the fort to its miserable end if nobody else has volunteered?

I recommend looking around / familiarizing yourself with the fort with it unpaused - since until migrants arrive, there are no workers available.

Kokrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: November 09, 2021, 06:15:27 am »

No worries. I'll 'fix' it 😈

Kokrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: November 09, 2021, 01:51:03 pm »

OK, I just got in from work and have had -Swedish Meatballs- washed down with *vodka and mango juice*

I'm fairly sure the guests have nothing to do with the fort still surviving-  that's down to the 'travelling' patrol. No idea where they've got to...

On the blackberry mead now. No sign of any patrol or migrants yet, but I notice the human and dwarf visitors are murdering each other. Nice!

Right, 19 migrants turned up. I shall see if the fort can endure the rest of the year tomorrow, for I must slumber now.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 03:19:10 pm by Kokrot »

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: November 09, 2021, 08:32:27 pm »

Well.  Let's see this fort to its end before we start another one. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: November 11, 2021, 10:06:32 pm »

Right, 19 migrants turned up. I shall see if the fort can endure the rest of the year tomorrow, for I must slumber now.

Geh.  I wanted to play but you didn't finish your turn and upload the save.

Kokrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: November 12, 2021, 12:32:27 pm »

Sorry mate, been extremely busy! Will get this done ASAP though

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: November 13, 2021, 12:28:07 am »

Are "local" brews of unknown ABV acceptable?  We don't exactly have testing equipment, heh.

I say 'tis even more dwarfy to go this route!  What say thee?  (totally not mildly blasted already)
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 341