Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1139150 times)

palenerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Has every disease
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]
« Reply #5055 on: February 14, 2023, 03:56:04 pm »

Oh wow, excellent work, AvolitionBrit! It's exciting to see Drunk Fort restored to its former, properly documented glory.

One thing, though; I didn't use the reclaimed save. I continued on with the buggy save because it was still playable (I opened it to see what was wrong, tripped, and started a turn).

And those caged dwarves are goblin allies. Maybe dump them in a pit or something.
Here is a drunken rendition of Sodium Chloride, it menaces with electrons. This relates to the drunkness of palenerd in Early Spring of 2023.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: February 14, 2023, 04:00:21 pm »

Thank you, will continue documenting the rest soon. Ah thanks for clearing up, drunken notes aren't 100% accurate so after the initial documenting im gonna download saves and confirm timings.

I sold some of the caged individuals, the drunk lords shall decide their fates.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: February 14, 2023, 04:34:10 pm »

Definitely a pleasant surprise to see.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

palenerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Has every disease
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: February 14, 2023, 06:13:26 pm »

I poked around the most recent save with DF Hack, and I was able to un-stick the bugged mission. Once the dwarves returned the game was able to fix itself on its own.

I've uploaded the fixed version of Avolition's save here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16441

Of course, feel free to use the buggy version instead if you like chaos.

EDIT: Would any of the admins be willing to edit the OP to point to the new index? Is that something we could ask for?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 06:21:06 pm by palenerd »
Here is a drunken rendition of Sodium Chloride, it menaces with electrons. This relates to the drunkness of palenerd in Early Spring of 2023.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: February 14, 2023, 06:22:56 pm »

Sounds good, might do another year this weekend and attempt the ancient tradition of dwarfing all those who drank before us. Seems that habbit died out at somepoint. Also there were multiple times were in one day three different people took a turn. True drunken madness

Update: I have finally sorted the 20 to 21 to 22 embark mess.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 08:04:47 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: February 17, 2023, 04:36:37 pm »

Got some tonic as i have too many gin bottles partial filled and i want to reduce the amount of bottles clattering around. Gonna start some drunken fortress in a bit. Anyone want dwarfing speak your piece, additionally on tonights menu its lime and berry botanicals with our gin and tonics. Current gin is Coast & Croft.

Drunken scholar

palenerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Has every disease
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: February 17, 2023, 08:56:19 pm »

I think my third incarnation is still alive, so hopefully I stay that way. I'm not a gin person, but I'm going to assume Coast & Croft is The Good Stuff because it sounds fancy. :P

I'm considering taking a turn some time tomorrow. I have to fast for 16 hours tonight and tomorrow morning, which is a great opportunity to get the most BAC-per-consumed-volume out of my booze. Maybe I'll even get to have a cocktail this time instead of just straight liquor.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: February 17, 2023, 09:37:42 pm »

Spoiler: My turn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: palenerd (click to show/hide)
Save

Drunken scholar

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: February 18, 2023, 04:14:05 am »

well, i don't know wtf is going onn in the fort because #1, it's all ascii.  There were issues loading the save.  Tile sets were lost.  But I'm somewhat familiar with the ascii, so it will be fine.

All the trees are designated to be cut...  That was canceled.

But in the spirit of drunkenness, I have had a bottle of wine and 3 hard ciders.  We have no hostile invaders, and a bunch of emus on the map.  So death is not imminent.  The food stocks are low, and food seems important, so my goal is to secure abundant foodsrufds for this turn.  For the next turn, that is.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: February 18, 2023, 04:27:44 am »

1 more hard cider, and the caverns appear to be sufficiently walled off.  The wine bottle and 4-pack now exhausted, I am mixing my own moscow mules: vodka, ginger beer, and a squeezed lime.  #1 was made as the fame progressed to mid spring.  Weapoms were ordered to be made, spears, axes, swords & picks

There is a MASSIVE room of coffins.  Over 100.  The moscow mule is good.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 04:45:25 am by Schmaven »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: February 18, 2023, 04:49:25 am »

Let the power of the ASCII flow through you. :D
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: February 18, 2023, 07:27:47 am »

Well, after a brief disco nap, goblims invaded, I was unable to find the lever for the drowning bridges, and dffd seems ro have purfed my account so I have no save to upload.  Ascii has no mercy

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: February 18, 2023, 07:49:47 am »

An attempt was made regardless. Yeah its just the two levers in the slab room. There is another bridge but idk if it's connected to anything.

Yeah its a good gin Palenerd and how come you are fasting?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 10:48:36 am by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

palenerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Has every disease
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: February 18, 2023, 02:08:25 pm »

Yeah its a good gin Palenerd and how come you are fasting?

I'm participating in a clinical trial my GI is running to see whether they can diagnose Sucrose Intolerance without an intestinal biopsy. I have to fast 12 hours, drink a cup of simple syrup, then fast for another 4 hours while periodically blowing into tubes. They can analyze the gases in the tubes to find out how much stuff in there is being digested by gut bacteria instead of being absorbed. They're offering $100 to participate, so I thought why not?

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: February 18, 2023, 02:58:32 pm »

Well my turn ended up being basically a look around.  I mostly just let the fort run itself while I tried to figure out what I was looking at, and failing to get DFHack to work.  So the save from AvolitionBrit is essentially the 1 to use.  The alcohol was victorious in the end.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 341