Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138753 times)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year ??? Part Deux]
« Reply #915 on: November 12, 2012, 07:22:05 pm »

Just awesome.  8)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 12, 2012, 07:29:07 pm »

made a bigger rfuse pile.
The answer to every problem a fort can have. How dwarfy. :o

Edit: Just realized that this is our longest living fort thus far.

And what is it with this fort and buzzards? Every darn turn we complain of buzzards circling the fort or ravens and giant birds annoying the dorfs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Woah, the old fort is total ruin. By the way, you pulled that lever in the dining room, didn't you?
Oh, and did a single cave crawler kill nearly a dozen dwarves? Epic
Also, so many dead FBs and crundles. We should rename this into !!crundle fortress!!
Truly a great turn. :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:14:41 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 12, 2012, 08:09:24 pm »

Seriusly, there are too many pimp operators in this foress.
Our fortress is cool, yo. Or something like that.

Whose still alive to see the addy?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 12, 2012, 08:16:33 pm »

Holy hell that was epic. lol

Well played.
Also, congratulations on getting us further than we've ever been before!
And on surviving a year of DF that took >9 hours.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 13, 2012, 04:34:59 am »

Oh my god. I am completely incomprehensible. I want to profoundly apologise for this mess - just considering the enormous amounts of Danish letters in that mess makes me embarassed. I have a lot of screenshots, all named in a similar nonsensical manner. I have no idea if they relate at all to journal, I will be posting them when I get home.

Alright, I feel a bit of clarification might be a good idea, following this mad raving I gave you yesterday. (My god am I hungover).

I started drinking, was completely confused by the fortress, and drank some more. At this point, I wasn't really that drunk, but then a friend of mine (Trifle, you might know him) decided to come by, bringing another bottle of vodka. By then, my playing style detoriated completely, and I was drunk out of my mind.

Trifle, who had also been drinking but did not possess a drunkenness to match mine (after all, I had been drinking for three or four hours, while he had just begun), took over the journal writing. Hence the passage about the "new guy guy". Goddamnit, that journal is a mess. We had two giant migrant waves - this is the ONLY REASON we survived, because I sure as hell was not helping in any way. Also, three forgotten beasts or somesuch invaded, along with a troll, a sea of crundles, and kobolds and goblins in rapid succesion.

The only thing I could manage at this point, was to recruit every last dwarf into the military, and have them beat up the invaders with their bare fists. I think this accounts for a lot of the very unfortunate deaths. I think there is a tantrum spiral going, too. No one is very happy, that's for sure.

The other half of the dead dwarves was because of thirst. We have a lot of booze (which is appropriate, I guess), so I think they died because no one could take are of them, what with all the forgotten beasts eating everyone.

Again, I really want to apologise for the complete and utter chaos, I managed to produce. Sorry about the incomprehensible journals. So sorry.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #920 on: November 13, 2012, 07:21:22 am »

Oh my god. I am completely incomprehensible. I want to profoundly apologise for this mess - just considering the enormous amounts of Danish letters in that mess makes me embarassed.

-snip-

Again, I really want to apologise for the complete and utter chaos, I managed to produce. Sorry about incomprehensible journals. So sorry.

Are you crazy?! What in the world are you apologizing for?! This... is... !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!

But seriously, this is what we aim for. Stop being sorry and prepare your alcohol stocks for the next round--that was brilliant.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 13, 2012, 07:45:10 am »

My full journey:

14:29 - poured my first beer, downloaded the save. Will be drinking a couple of beers, before I start the game.

I have 18 cans of really bad beer, a flask of horrible applejack, which I will mix with some kind of soft drink. I also have some vodka, which I might shoot, at some point, to celebrate great things that happens to our fortress.

14:35 - These beers are seriously bad. Still drinking them. I should have bought something better.

15:17 - Two beers down. Taking a shot to speed things along.

15:52 - Two and a half beers, three shots. I can feel the alcohol by now. The beers are beginning to taste better too.

15:55 - tripped over a shot-glass. Yeah, I'm dfinitely not sober anymore, despite my spelling being allright, I guess.

16:00 - Finished beer. Iopening another. Have no idea if everyonebdy is dwarfed. Taste in music getting shitteir byu the minute. Woææ beign DF after this eer.

16:"8 - opening another beer - not i'm going in.

1st of Granite

Okay, only Sparkl Horses and Chinglish are dwarfed. I'm going to have a sip of beer, and theyn I'll dwarf everyone.

My beer hates me, seriously.

Have no idea about genders at all. really. Dwarf therapist does not agree with df itself. wtf.

What the hell
We have a lot of rams not being farmed for anything. Or sometghing, I have no idea. I need alcholoh.

The place is overflowing with ghosts. Wtf.

Will attempt to post som escreenshots in my nect yudoptae

Looking at the hall. Damn, what the hell. Theres sotne all onver the place, nod idea what haås up with that.

Drank another beer,

Okay, I see a lot of halls. No dwarfed that sthat. No dwarfes whatsovefrr. I sup. ATAGÆGAH

Tjos fprtress ois omsameæy desogmed-

IO'll try that again, this ortress is really badly designed. I can fiond absolutely nothing.

Another beer.

By noiw, I'm justing listing the glass of beer I drink, canøt keep track of the actual abherrs. Beers.   

Okay, I'm getting completely spammed byu ydpated sfr4om the dwarfecs about them being interyupted or whatever, because thedy tdonty have the seeds the needs. It's impsoiiblet to find out what I should o the the fortress.

Another glass.

Fpund a lot of stuff down in the fortress somwwhere that wasf forbidden. I unforbid it, so that we could use it. I sure hope no onew awas usiong ait.

Made atstuade garden wit h the nice wstaute. Statue. The artifact one. Someone made.

N one is tending to the rafms. Farms. Clover magic is the new expedition leader, apprantly. I am completely absolutelkyu asgflæ lost . really.

Made the military rtrans a little.

Why is there a table and a chair one uses down in the bowels of the fortress?

This is more a case of me b eing drunk and looking at ha the fortress,a and  not so much plaing the game.

Another beer.

Uh.

I',. I have apparantly dwarfed myself as a liason wbich is frinedly. That's better than hostile I guess. Woa.

Dwarf therapist is really fcking the is up.

There's a forgotten beast somewhere called C'thutha. I think this i funny.

I just poured anpothjer beer.

Why is the fishery forbidden?

I can't write tdated thsi is hard enough. XD

WHAT VARCERNS I CAN'T EVEN SEE THE CARVERNS

Okay hte milratry tgas ui, bitgbi, biwg´m ´,. bowhere to train,. god, nowhere is really hard to spell on a dansi haæt keyboard.

I'm getting more incomprehensible bt the sexcond. I'm pretty impressed i managed to write that!
 Woat.

I just tried to start paint with sopacevar, Serioyskly.

Agaibn.

This hads to stop.

I can't fiogure out to make things not unforbidden, anymore.

I made everytone brew, so that we don't run out of booze. That would be trirrbel.e Terrible. Am truomg tp æpcate tje cjgpts-

Goddamnit, stupid danish keuboard, making everything cmpletely odd for everyone.

Amn trying to locate the gohsts,. Theyuø're hiding, the bastards.

Another beer. Have stoppedf hteagladf. Wait, It's pretty hard to write this. Ah, I have forgotten a cpupkle of beers to write down,. Or somethignasdfø. Pause while I drink,.

Creating worhsnops so that we can get something done. Have makred someoalce to be dug out. Diong't we have nay picks?

Everytone is aparant ly attending a paryu. Not working really.

Irish folk myusic is really nice for this. Whiskey youøre the devioæl!

Huzzah! Drinks are getting brwered! This is the most succes i have had at all!

Fnished beer. opening atnohter.

Smoking a ciggarette. Serioustyly. Tobacco is a reall hoo aidea.

30 migrants. Th9s 9s j9ce!

This is nice!

Everyo0ne is fishing, thous. This is pretty nice.

Work might be done at htios rate.

Just thought something was brweing fish. O wpuld be rweong fish.

Goddamint, I stopped ,alomg seemse-

Merchants!

have given up on the fucking mercahtns, or whatever.

There's a troll on the strais running up and down, and there's a bridgte i cab'nt undetrstand, and the military refvuse to kill the blooe yt troolk.- The troll. Or wgatever.

Have absolutely no idea.

Okay, read this inm a french accent. It makes more sense. I thimlk.

The doors might be locked. I have no kidea.

tHERE S A BPAR WHICH AHVE BECOPME A LARGER BOARD

oR SMOETHIG.

i NEED TO GTH E A SNDMPKR.-

Therese anitger o9arty giinhg ion,¨

Therm rehcanitns from athsalætj are rålæeaved.-

Keavubg, Keavun g,¨

Leaving. Goddamn this journal is reallt jfaslæfjk.
'
YThe potash makers are hyaving children,. What,

I'd hope the fucking otrash makers owyuld have no xchildre.

Made a hole down to the people not doing anything. OPr somethimg. OPG HADHGAD

The mined has given hbirth TIO ANTRICHRIST

A FORGOTTEN BEAST HAD SCOME

ASAELÆASJE!

OMEESGATHOELIG HAS COME OG HDOG!

It's cardinal hair is long and shaggy OH GOD! WHAT ATHE FUCKT!§

It's moth atnd shell is wounded! HUZZAH!

fell mood.

GHoddamn.

SHUI! THERES TWO FORGOTTEN BEASTS!§ OG HOPD§

DWARVED ARE DYING LEFT AND RIGHT!

GOD! ALL THE DWARVED ARE DYING!

AAAAAAH!

THERE'S TWO FORGOTTEN BEASTSA IN THE TUNNELLS!

Okay the forgpttem neasts is getting killed! Necause it fell asleep. There's miasma all over the place. Omgh.

There's also been crafted a dwarf bone hepmd. I consider this a viccotrued for the fortersss!

MIGRANTS! YES!" THIS IS GREAT!

THWE FORTRESS MIGHT SURVIVE!

THE FORGOTTEN BEASTSA RE DEFEAFTED! YEAS! THIS IS A GRE#AT VIVXTOREUD!

Huh.

I can follow that, really. God, I
', druomg. Drunk.

Jervill is the new commander, mananger and whatevwer noble i need.

We have this big room. IO have no idea what its for. Its kist a æpt pf åoææards- Its just a pillar

in the meanwhiel Iv'e been trinking four or five shots of vodka.

New guy guy here with the othe guy, we've been drinking pertty heavily and it's time to salvea<ge thuis fortress.This might be zbigger concern than fault.

Set the mangage to not hual, he's too busy with other styuff.Some kid bled to death. Too badf.
 I guess.-

Every f7cking dawrf is misralbve. Thantrum spiral right ahead. Tho9se not miseralbe are pretty down too.

Everyone is droppiogn the clothing all over, thought it is still starting too look up. This fort will be saved yet.

Stair way is complete ly full of misama. Someone is boudn to chioke on this stuff.

Tanturums, here we go.
Livestock: puyppy, kitten, calf, rabbit, chick, gholsing, and some alpaca. They must be scarred by niow..

The miner arrives at his post. There's so much theat nheds to be mined. I can't even see the end iof it. Armok have mercy on his soul, he'll not see the end of tyhis mining.

Where did all this mining even com from. What madman would designate all this rok cfor mining, it's nmot alike we hace 40 rock units ready for carafting,.
400 runits,.

Blast, a thief. He didn't get any chilcrend, but he did get away.

Found an opld dig, someone tried to dig stiars but hit the river? The stairs descend into darkeness, their secret never to be revlead.

Military totally handling all these crundles thast appeared out of nowhere. Crunekles now more..

I have no uidea why therre are two forst. It's lie they tried to make to seperate fort,s and then the onwe of them just got dumoped.

South dfort 4lyfe.

Nop åayusing now. Letting this run untill tw'ere done or the dwarfs are happy. Soem of the complain of ther decay of loved ones. Someone take care of grave, cathey can't seem tho get their heads around it for now.

Oh noyu, fell mood I thin,.
Wiothdrawal fropm society, a ranger. Eh.-

craftsorfswosrkshop. We'll ee what he makes.
He made some crundle bone statue, but thwe or9ginal poster owuldn't let m,e see what it is of-
Smoeone tell me what it is, I'mcruios,.
Ah, mdnit-

We'øre gona wrapy this up tio GRainte soon so we'll be done. I have no idea what's going on, but we're took care of most of the bforgotten gbeasts.

Thees's lotso f drink bnut people die of t jirs.

It's the original guu spekaing,

People are dying of thuirs, Too bad, reallty. There's aæsop a couple og guys ryuiing a tantro.

Dwaf carfvan arricmng,

made a bigger rfuse pile.

A cpuålæe pf guys died, because there's some goblins around.

The livestock is ortty reduxced, shut uo, the livestock doesj't really wirj abtmire,

Anymiore, I mean.

Oh god, this is really non-sensical.

26 dwarveds left. It's nmpt spt gppd-

The expedition leadter is tjrwopdm a tantru,. Tjos os mpts tp good. Not sood good, Imean.

RAW ADAMANTIUM ORAUSE THE MINES!

THE MINES ARE GRETY!

I really an
t do anythijg to the adamantuym,

The pum operator has gone srakd raving madf!

I'm pretty sure we diob't ghave no pums-æ Well. This is prettyu obvious.

At kleast the merhcaints have arrived.æ We can trade tje, aææ tje ,-

We can trade them all. Well we don't really haver anthing to trade. God, I', raæææy druoml-

WWATY THE FUCK IS ALMADNINE

The merchaints have left again, dipishits. Fuck them, I don't want no merchnats in my fortress! EVERUPME OS FHTRONG A TRANTROND!§

Urdim has been fpund dead, this is bad.

Ojkay, we ahve found a foouts of dead warfed.s The Jervills has calemed down. God, I have no idea what
s goind on.

Thjere's 23 dwarved left. kububsks has become a cat. Dwarfm wagtever.

23 is more thna then startm, right? IO donwidr. I consider this a succces!

fuck anoher forgotyten beast. It's ØV BØRGE! OR HRRAH JØRGENM!

Goddamnit, the milirtary is practically  every single dwarf in the blood y fortress!

It might not be a big problem. It's ,ade pfwa.- Ot's m,ade of water. Amd sjot-

Shit.

Okay, nothings really happ+ening. Damint, someones been found dead.

Og god.

At lot of people are goijg insane, and nones really doing anything,.

22 dwarved left. Someone reallty have really have to fix this. Everyone is really go9ng ainsande. And shit. And so on.

19 dwarvd peft. No idea whaere tje wemt-

Thois is reaæy a tyanmyrums spiral gone wrong Everupme os alternmately throwing a tantroum, being found dead, and caling down.

18 left. Fuck. I'm reaææy bd at this.

Well at last, our stockpi9les are okay. Everypnes dyuing anyeay, buy hey§

16 lefty. Wtf.

I'm sorry about this, but I think ur miners have been diugging down somehwere, where the die. or something,.

Well, apparanylu,. there's nothing to catch in the central swamps. This is really bad, oh hod!

15 left. Everryone is dying, and I have bno idea why. Tjeres ,iasme all ovr te place. We're truomg tp get some emngravings-

Welææ, finaæly someone got th cpffons I ordered done.

Another pimp operater died from thirsw.t Fuck the ouims.

Seriusly, there are too many pimp operators in this foress.

12v left.Sgutl

Shit, I mean.

Some drinks wer're forbidden. Goddamnit. 

Allso, a couple of people have ied of thirs.

GODDAMINT!§ THE BIZZARDAS JAVE CP;E NACL!

THE HUICCADRS! THE BUZZARDS HAFE COME BACK!"

Reallyh, the racist amounts of accents in this is growing unfooy.

11 dwarfves æeft-

Okay, 10 dwarved left. Something hafe to be less drunk, and get this fortress on iots knees.

These a marksdawrf vomiting all over th damn place. Aæpse. - Also, lots pf tjogts- Aæsp- Aæs- Also lots of ghots all voer the place.

Ghiots, serilsyious,

8 dwarves left. Oh god. We've reached a point were everuone is in the miltariy, and stark raving mad. GFoddamnit. If someone disreagerds this, its okay, seripusly.

WE'VE DONE IT§ 8 DWARVED LEFT! AND WE SUIRIOVERD!

Will be posting some picurs tp,prr.

Wiææ ne åp-

Will be posting some picties tomorrm.

Sorry, yhis is reaææt wasted- Gpdda,omt.
¨

Here's the save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7124

Okay, here's a bunch of pictures. I gave them names, and they are about as poorly spelled as you'd think. And filled with swearwords:

Hall being fucked:

Som,e mind of livign palce:

Whatpeopere are dong:

Paryyu:

Fisher dwarf fucimgn up forgotten beasts!:

(Closely followed by this amazing work) Fisherdwarfdrying:

Tantrumeds:

PRAITE SEHTE MINERS:

(Here's a piece, surprisingly spelled correctly. Perhaps the horror of the situation came through to me) Another forgotten beast:

(This a modern work of art. All artmanship is of the highest quality.) The Controversial Work: "Vomity".
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:13:42 am by AustralianWinter »
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 13, 2012, 11:10:40 am »

Kudos to AustralianWinter!  8)

8 Dwarfs, that's better than if we were doing a reclaim!
It will be a good start for the next leader-drunk.

If we still have control of the south fort, I strongly suggest lots of hatch covers so we can lock off caverns for a while.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 13, 2012, 11:17:40 am »

Just posting here to say I'm enjoying this thread very much :D

May all of y'all's liver stay stiff and proud!

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 13, 2012, 09:41:48 pm »

May be having a go of this on the weekend!

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 13, 2012, 11:16:20 pm »

Do it!
I'm penciling in a session for myself on Wednesday next week, we'll see how that plan goes though.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Trifle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 14, 2012, 03:33:41 am »

"New guy guy" here. Taking part in a Drunk Fortress on a monday was probably the best worst idea I've had in a while. Part way through the night, I got a bad east-european accent, which I blame on the vodka, but it was part of the experience. A word of advice to whoever takes over the fortress. I'm fairly sure that by the time we reached the end of the year, the dwarves were dying rapidly from various sources, not to account for them going mad. The alcohol seems to be in an unreachable part of the fort, so either try to locate and retrieve it, or set up a farm. I'm not sure if that should be your first priority though. I'm fairly sure I remember a kobold raiding party clearing all the dwarves in the entrance, so I'm not sure if they got taken care of, or if they're on their way methodically down the stairs. So, good luck to whomever takes the fate of these poor dwarves on their shoulders.

Also, pimp operators are most likely my favorite kind of operator.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 14, 2012, 03:45:26 am »

I checked the save:
There should still be some farms and plants in the underground bunker. (can't be seen atm. behind the 2 closed gates between the caverns) Also, none of the surviving dwarves have mining/farming/brewing/cooking/masonry/what ever assigned.
We lost our dining hall (but gained a nice little hole) and some rather nasty stuff will soon crawl our of the deeper caverns. (I got a bunch of blind cave trolls)
Also, even after killing 4 FBs there seem to be 2 remaining (one can't be seen at the moment).
Lastly, perhaps someone should seal or secure the new stairway that bypasses all the old bridges. Currently anything can just walk in.

Well, it will be more intesting if the next players ignore this :P
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #928 on: November 14, 2012, 08:55:21 am »

Armok bless !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 14, 2012, 10:07:13 am »

"New guy guy" here. Taking part in a Drunk Fortress on a monday was probably the best worst idea I've had in a while.
I know the feeling!  ;D

Also, pimp operators are most likely my favorite kind of operator.
+1 !

If the next drunk is brave, perhaps there is a way to survive in the main south fort.
If the next drunk is ambitious, resume work on the sky city.
If the next drunk is cautious, flee to the north fort's safety.
If the next drunk is adventerous, find the bomb shelter Clover built.

Kamin, I think you are overdue for a turn???  DRINK
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 341