Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1164975 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Three... A Brave New Embark]
« Reply #810 on: October 23, 2012, 05:41:18 pm »

Nobody has taken a turn in an intolerably long time. Something must be done.
If nobody has done a turn by saturday I'm going to try (again) to make it happen.
I'm so darn drunk that I could take a turn when ever I wanted but I don't want to steal the glory from  those who could take it. I am still waiting for the Wrexcalybse that comes every 4 years.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 23, 2012, 07:10:49 pm »

I'm hoping I can get there first and we can survive year 4 for a change :D
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 23, 2012, 07:17:34 pm »

I'm hoping I can get there first and we can survive year 4 for a change :D
Too late. I already started. At sandstone. darn, cant even type without fixing it-

Edit: Crap. Seems like last night I abandoned instead of saving. Also, seems like I have misplaced my long journal. Just a blank text file

Erm.. Oops?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 03:56:48 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 24, 2012, 04:06:45 am »

Ok, here is the save. I found half a dozen pictures with somewhat informatic names but otherwise I have absolutely no idea of what I did last night. I remember writing a journal but the text file is empty. The fort ress seems to be home for numerous interesting creatures..
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7061

Edit: 4 new forgotten beasts? uh oh..

I remember the bottom of the fort flooding via a well and losing the only anvil in the fort under water. I think that I angered the elves by offering a wooden bin and the fortress was in chaos because of a swarm of buzzards. Drank 2liters of 15-18% stuff. I think. I feel horrible.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:08:50 am by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 24, 2012, 09:08:31 am »

Wow, sounds like Wrexpocolypse has begun already!!
edit: (Scruffmageddon?)

Now we need a drunk with mad pump operator skills to rescue the metalworkshop.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:13:29 am by Ruhn »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 24, 2012, 09:29:23 am »

You managed to break it without my help this time! Hooray!

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 24, 2012, 09:34:15 am »

You managed to break it without my help this time! Hooray!
Not really broken. Just somewhat.. deserted. Should be easy to reclaim.

I will post some pictures later and try to remember some things that may or may not have happened during the mysterious evening.

Et tu, Urist

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 24, 2012, 09:40:38 am »

If the flooding was my bunker....how in the hell did you manage to flood that?  If it was on purpose that would be pretty high on the "Not Cool Bro" scale.  And why did you abandon?  I vote new embark then, reclaiming is just a bitch and is worse while drunk, I testify this with my first turn experience.

I don't know, this whole obsession with breaking the save is pretty old.   :-\  It's easy to kill dwarves, why are we trying?  It would be nice to see a fort actually, you know, survive for once.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 24, 2012, 09:43:12 am »

If the flooding was my bunker....how in the hell did you manage to flood that?  If it was on purpose that would be pretty high on the "Not Cool Bro" scale.  And why did you abandon?  I vote new embark then, reclaiming is just a bitch and is worse while drunk, I testify this with my first turn experience.

I don't know, this whole obsession with breaking the save is pretty old.   :-\  It's easy to kill dwarves, why are we trying?  It would be nice to see a fort actually, you know, survive for once.
It was already flooding when I started playing. The water started coming up from the well in the bunker. Noticed the flooding it only after it had flooded the forge. Sometime later I found the lever for the gate that seals the well room. 

As for abandoning? I have no idea. I was drunk and must have pressed abandon instead of save. The fort should be easy to reclaim since there should be nothing wrong. Just abandoned by an accident.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:49:20 am by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 24, 2012, 09:51:22 am »

"Easy to reclaim" is a totally different matter while drunk.   :P

Whoops.  Fairly sure the flooding was just the close switch not being pulled in time, then, as I was refilling the cistern from the farm flooding.  Probably should have warned about that, as I did save without intending to pass it on, so I did probably leave the lever unpulled.  Heh.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 24, 2012, 10:01:26 am »

"Easy to reclaim" is a totally different matter while drunk.   :P

Whoops.  Fairly sure the flooding was just the close switch not being pulled in time, then, as I was refilling the cistern from the farm flooding.  Probably should have warned about that, as I did save without intending to pass it on, so I did probably leave the lever unpulled.  Heh.
I tried reclaiming the fort sober and it seems like there is only 1/7 or 2/7 water in the flooded part. 

The bad news is that it seems like I started walling off a small part of the caverns but forgot a few spots. The FBs are inside the main part of the fortress. (The migrant fort is still ok and separated with a closed gate)
Edit: One extremely weak FB inside and the rest are in the caverns. You can sever the access to the caverns by building one wall or removing an up/down stairway (which shouldn't close access to any other part of the fort) Also, there seems to be a creepy trader wandering in the caverns.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 10:21:49 am by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 24, 2012, 10:18:49 am »

So, the main section of the fortress is busted beyond repair. Sounds about par for the course.

Do note that all my fortress-plosions were quite unintentional.

Also, it does seem that four is indeed death, and the Japanese were right :/

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 24, 2012, 10:35:58 am »

To reclaim it fully you have to cut access to the second caverns and kill one FB composed of water (one punch from a baby should be enough)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Either build a wall here, floor over the stairs or just send in a miner to remove the stairs under it. You have to be quick about this.
You will only lose the magmaflooded smelter room. (so nothing of value) The rest of the fort should be just as safe as before.

Simply said: Build one construct or remove one stairway. Punch the extremely weak water FB on your way in.
The other FBs in the caverns are scary since they are pretty sturdy and have some kind of a stun/fever syndrome clouds.

Here are some pictures from my turn.

The beginning of the turn. Planted aboveground crops.

Named "felsite earring? ruhn you idiot.bmp" so I presume that Ruhn made an artifact in Felsite and was hoping for something other than a chalk earring. ???

Judging from the name "cöpse tp emd- Mear tp sansstone.bmp" this happened somewhere near the end of sandstone.

"feösote 2" so presumably the elves came in Felsite. I remember having nearly 30k worth of chalk and gneiss junk to sell but managed to anger the hippies by trying to sell a bin.

"galena Buzzards" so likely happened in Galena. Buzzards and kobolds were scaring the dorfs and killing the pets.

"moonstonr" so happened in Moonstone

"sandstonm yeat again.bmp" so it was Sandstone and I was getting annoyed by the constant unwanted visitors

"Soon afer felsite". After Felsite it seems..
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 10:54:10 am by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 24, 2012, 10:43:50 am »

So not terribad, then - it depends on whether someone under the influence can pull it off fast enough, then.

Shall we leave it to the discretion of the next drunk to reclaim or start a new embark?  Can't really go wrong with either -> one is drunken reclaim shenanigans, the other is a new drunken fort to pepper this world's history.   :P

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 24, 2012, 01:39:07 pm »

I find this turn to be hilarious.
On the reclaim/newFort the drunk of the moment should get the choice IMO.

Seems pretty doable reclaim wise, but given that I don't think I've ever done a reclaim, doing it drunk could be tricky.
Then again, I don't plan to drink 3/4 of a bottle in a couple hours, either.
Not that I planned to last time.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 341