Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1156726 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Four... I have no clue; Reclaim or New Embark?]
« Reply #840 on: October 26, 2012, 09:41:03 am »

Que drunken Wrex pulling the lever. Squish
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year One... A Brave New Embark]
« Reply #841 on: October 28, 2012, 10:54:52 am »

-Crudless! the third caverns are full of scruddles! Horrors! cruddles in the caverns!
ermahgerd someone indirectly quoted my witty avatar text thing
My wooden badge was delicious.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 28, 2012, 11:10:52 am »

i vote we settle somewhere invaders cant go. and then try to build a flying fortress.
Sounds cool, except why no invaders?

i vote we settle somewhere invaders cant go. and then try to build a flying fortress.
I think that would require some kind of airship machinery, but a Castle in the Sky supported by only a few thin pillars would be cool.  We can call the city "Zalem" and throw our trash and empty bottles on siegers.
And rat corpses. And kittens.

We should include farms and clay up there.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 28, 2012, 01:06:08 pm »

so that thats one les thing we can screw up. thats why. as to how to make it flying, cant bridges hold up things? if not, just use a support.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 28, 2012, 01:49:48 pm »

Could always convert a normal mountaintop into a flying fortress. Build in the first few Z layers and then mine out a layer or two under it. Could even have a hollow support with stairs in the middle to access the mines below.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 28, 2012, 01:51:45 pm »

so that thats one les thing we can screw up. thats why. as to how to make it flying, cant bridges hold up things? if not, just use a support.
Use a support and keep trolls and tantrumers away.

Could always convert a normal mountaintop into a flying fortress. Build in the first few Z layers and then mine out a layer or two under it. Could even have a hollow support with stairs in the middle to access the mines below.
Sounds like a plan!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 28, 2012, 02:00:16 pm »

that is what i was planning.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BlueMagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Blue admires magical items for their shininess
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 28, 2012, 04:16:47 pm »

How would you manage mining? Unless you have a mine located right under your fortress and have steps to the the mine right there. There's also the problem of how carvans are going to be handled. Unless you also plan on having huge ramps lead up to the fortress.

The fortress is probably going to need expansion as well. Even with spartan arrangements the population will increase to the point where it won't be efficient to house all of them without going down a Z level, and we will run out of Z levels in the fortress. You can make them sleep on the floor but they might tantrum spiral if enough awful things happen.

And considering that this is drunk fortress, things will end up worse than normal.
Blue cancels Type Coherent Post: Crying Over Fictional Characters

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 28, 2012, 04:21:24 pm »

Mines and the trade depot will be under the floating mountaintop, if you must; I'd seal off the suspended hilltop and make sure I had clay.
Sig

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 29, 2012, 10:05:19 am »

Mines and the trade depot will be under the floating mountaintop, if you must; I'd seal off the suspended hilltop and make sure I had clay.
I agree.
As long as we have access to more stone, we can build up/out to expand the fortress as population grows.

Hospital can be built in the "slums below" also - for water access and any dwarves who fall.

I might not be drunk again until next week, lots to do irl right now.  Anyone want to get this started?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 29, 2012, 07:13:21 pm »

No, no. The good hospital should be built high up, on a series of platforms over a big pit, with wells leading from there to the cavern lakes. And each room will be rigged to collapse into the caverns in case of euthanasia.
The bad hospital would be two beds, a table, and a traction bench around a well. Bright side, no one will link your bedroom lever to the front gate and send it into the abyss in a drunken feverishness.
Sig

noobnubcakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Clumsy Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 30, 2012, 12:35:36 pm »

I would like one of your happy happy happy fortress residents dorfed after me.
The dorfs name should either be:
Noobnubcakes or
Isn't it annoying when you are a puppet and you get a present made out of reality?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCn0sCSf4oY < (Warning link may disturb non-dwarves.)
To this day the elven warrior castes hunt the enemies of nature for the purpouse of bringing back slain intelligent beings for consumption by their leaders and generals, for the good of nature and the survival of elvenkind.

And that is the story of how napalm was invented.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 02, 2012, 09:15:59 am »

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!
If nobody beats me to it I will get a partial year at least.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 02, 2012, 11:00:27 am »

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!

Yay! This is good news!
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 02, 2012, 12:15:37 pm »

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!

Yay! This is good news!

Many blessings upon your liver.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 341