Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138602 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year ??? Part Deux]
« Reply #990 on: November 18, 2012, 05:20:36 am »

A new embark, eh? Sounds great. :D
 Redorf me as Scruffy, the axedwarf.

(I think that I'm going to try reclaiming the old fort just for the heck of it, though you can just ignore it !!Drunk FORTRESS!! wise)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 18, 2012, 08:15:00 am »

Eugh.  Okay, that was not as epic as planned, I only made it to the autumn autosave because I became violently ill.  And this is why we remember to eat beforehand, guys.

Uploading save and pictures now, have updated the log to when I stopped.  Highlight - a 5-year-old baby migrant came in the summer wave.  Heh.

Edit: Here is the save!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:25:45 am by Clover Magic »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 18, 2012, 11:09:29 am »

Eating is cheating.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 18, 2012, 04:54:09 pm »

The new fortress looks interesting. Perhaps I will take a turn after the first few turns.

By the way, I tried reclaiming the old fortress yesterday (consider it an unofficial fortress save that is not part of the real Drunk fortress)
I actually managed to reclaim the whole fort and kill 2 more FBs. (still got two more. I think that they are the tenth and ninth FBs that have invaded that fort)
Also, FB silk socks!
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 19, 2012, 06:04:29 pm »

what the hell is w/ Vodka,  who votes for Vodka? we have a ton of international ppl! but shit... beer come on ppl, BEER!!! Vodka is a dirty litte mistress she's sneaky and you don't see her coming. The kettle one commercials are soooo cool. but you are not cool after a bottle of it. and by not cool i mean... the cops will inform you of how 'not cool' you are
This is so true, I don't trust her at all.  Jameson has always been honest with me.

From what I can tell
- We are named after princess Corrido the 4th
- Unicorns are around and we evaded them long enough to dig through the aquifer
- Then a miner found the caverns, and promptly divorced his wife

For my next dwarf, plase:
Ruhn - PIMP operator

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 19, 2012, 06:21:25 pm »

I'll be having WINTER - Incomprehensible Engraver.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 19, 2012, 06:45:48 pm »

dorf me as Metruption, doctor

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 19, 2012, 07:58:27 pm »

Posting to watch. By the way, in all seriousness, is getting drunk just to play Dwarf Fortress safe?

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 19, 2012, 08:03:57 pm »

Posting to watch. By the way, in all seriousness, is getting drunk just to play Dwarf Fortress safe?

What do you mean?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 19, 2012, 08:38:03 pm »

What do you mean?

I you got really, really drunk, would you get brain damage or something?
(I'm too young to legally drink, I'm 13...) Teachers at school say yes, but if I remember correctly they also say that having sex gives you hallucinations.

EDIT: Why was the last part in a quote? Fixed, anyway...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:52:12 am by IronTomato »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 19, 2012, 09:02:41 pm »

I'd definitely advise against getting drunk if you're 13.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 19, 2012, 09:07:02 pm »

I you got really, really drunk, would you get brain damage or something?
(I'm too young to legally drink, I'm 13...) Teachers at school say yes, but if I remember correctly they also say that having sex gives you hallucinations.
The brain damage part is actually kind of correct. It's a long-term effect, so getting really wasted once won't permanently impair your brain. It's just problematic if you always drink more than you can handle (especially on brains that are still in development). Thus:
*Important Note: This game is NOT meant to encourage substance abuse or underage drinking. Please participate legally and responsibly.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 19, 2012, 09:28:43 pm »

Safer than being a dwarf in Drunk Fortress, that much I'm sure of.

On a more serious note, while teachers and D.A.R.E. people are prone to wild exaggerations that lower their overall believability, alcohol and brain development do not mix well at all.
The very very rough way of looking at things is, your brain is still designing itself. Much like a DF fort. Do you really want the designer to be doing it while Dorfenly drunk?  I don't. Our simulations of developing brains being designed by drunks show that it leads to Forgotten Beasts and Wrexation.

The older you get the less new brain is being laid down and the less it matters. At 13 you're much more resistant to damage than you were at 8 for instance. And at 8 you were better off than at 2, and so on.
It's not like it's exactly good for adults, but we have to do it in an excessive and sustained manor to make a meaningful dent in ourselves. As a teenager it's far easier to trash yourself for life.
Don't do it.
Same answer for most drugs, too. I could do without the permanent effects of my 20s.

That was an awful lot of seriousness for the Drunk Fortress thread!
If I can get away with it, I'm going to take a turn thursday fairly early in the day. The goal is to do that and not get yelled at by my Fiance. We'll see how it goes.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 20, 2012, 01:11:19 am »

If you're below drinking age, you shouldn't drink. And if you MUST, then certainly not to the extents of this thread. So yes, it is dangerous, and no, you shouldn't play Drunk Fortress.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 20, 2012, 11:39:03 am »

If I can get away with it, I'm going to take a turn thursday fairly early in the day. The goal is to do that and not get yelled at by my Fiance. We'll see how it goes.
That might be dangerous like opening the third cavern with no military.

I've taken a lot of turns recently, but might join in this weekend if conditions are right.  Last time I got distracted while the save was downloading and forgot to play.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 341