Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138779 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year ??? Part Deux]
« Reply #1005 on: November 20, 2012, 05:24:03 pm »

If you're below drinking age, you shouldn't drink. And if you MUST, then certainly not to the extents of this thread. So yes, it is dangerous, and no, you shouldn't play Drunk Fortress.
I you got really, really drunk, would you get brain damage or something?
(I'm too young to legally drink, I'm 13...) Teachers at school say yes, but if I remember correctly they also say that having sex gives you hallucinations.
The brain damage part is actually kind of correct. It's a long-term effect, so getting really wasted once won't permanently impair your brain. It's just problematic if you always drink more than you can handle (especially on brains that are still in development). Thus:
*Important Note: This game is NOT meant to encourage substance abuse or underage drinking. Please participate legally and responsibly.
I should have been more clear. I don't drink and I have no intent to, nor have I ever. I was just asking if what you guys were doing was safe, because it seemed a bit extreme.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 20, 2012, 05:28:28 pm »

well, that is a good point, but they also say that living healthy WONT kill you, and since ANY living will eventually kill you, you KNOW they are full of it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 20, 2012, 05:53:54 pm »

Well, it all depends, I reckon, and while I certainly was drunk, I was able to get up at 8 o'clock the next morning and go to school. I'm being more incomprehensible than wasted, I gather. Also drinking like this is pretty standard, I think. You need to understand your own limits.

Also, Drunk Fortress is really funny.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 21, 2012, 01:34:40 pm »

I was just asking if what you guys were doing was safe, because it seemed a bit extreme.
Being drunk is not safe, that's why dwarf casualties are so high.
It's the same for the players, we are lucky to survive!

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 21, 2012, 02:55:43 pm »

I was just asking if what you guys were doing was safe, because it seemed a bit extreme.
Being drunk is not safe, that's why dwarf casualties are so high.
It's the same for the players, we are lucky to survive!
:D
Indeed!

If you're below drinking age, you shouldn't drink. And if you MUST, then certainly not to the extents of this thread. So yes, it is dangerous, and no, you shouldn't play Drunk Fortress.
I you got really, really drunk, would you get brain damage or something?
(I'm too young to legally drink, I'm 13...) Teachers at school say yes, but if I remember correctly they also say that having sex gives you hallucinations.
The brain damage part is actually kind of correct. It's a long-term effect, so getting really wasted once won't permanently impair your brain. It's just problematic if you always drink more than you can handle (especially on brains that are still in development). Thus:
*Important Note: This game is NOT meant to encourage substance abuse or underage drinking. Please participate legally and responsibly.
I should have been more clear. I don't drink and I have no intent to, nor have I ever. I was just asking if what you guys were doing was safe, because it seemed a bit extreme.

Yeah, it's usually pretty safe to have occasional drunk rampages in games. It's the binge drinking ( drinking hugely to point of blackout or total memory loss ) and alcoholics ( more than approximately 6 shots or more of alcohol a day is the standard, IIRC, over long terms of weeks to months or longer ) that you have to watch out for, since former points to some kind of risk mentality and lack of self-protection drive and can be excessively stressful to the body and latter. Well, addiction isn't good and liver can't handle constant high intake either, nor is it good for nutrient intake ( a lot of long-term alcoholics have a lot of issues with nutrition ).

I've not noted either of those in this thread so far, and hope that nobody will try to such excess!

Though that's considering normal person, some people are more sensitive or have medical conditions that complicate things. Those I hope would understand their limit if they attempts this game! Even with all the reputation of alcohol being the zombifier of brain, it's not as bad as most people makes it out to be when reasonably taken, since just living will do it enough :D

As for this game of drunk fortressing, as long as everyone's taking a few days break between the bouts and doesn't ends up passing out on the bottle, I think we're doing okay in term of lifestyle :D

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 23, 2012, 08:59:44 am »

I have been playing our drunk fortress world in adventure mode and there are pictures of FBs everywhere. Every second statue/engraving in human settlements is a statue/engraving of a FB and I even met some goblins that have a picture of FB as their symbol (thus every single one of their copper breastplates has a picture of a FB in them.) Also, some of the human civs seem to have a strange silver fetish.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fear the kobolds! They are evolving!

Ok, I visited our old fortress in adventure more but got slaughtered by a child ghost the very moment I tried entering the gates. Seems like the place is too haunted to visit.
The whole place was full of dead dwarves, dead crundles and abandoned (living) babies (found 4 just sitting on the ground). I tried collecting all the named skeletons and using them as throwing weapons.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 05:17:02 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Trifle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 24, 2012, 03:49:52 pm »

Ah, vodka, we meet again. I'd atke a turn if I was anywhere near myt desktop. My laptop shits it's pants if I even threaten to go into fortress mode. Who is in charge of our little ones currently?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 24, 2012, 04:06:53 pm »

-snip-
-snip-
I tried collecting all the named skeletons and using them as throwing weapons.
wait, what? throwing body's? you nuts?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Trifle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 24, 2012, 04:36:51 pm »

bODIES ARE SOME OF THE BEST THROOWING WEAPONS, SEEING AS IF YOU'RE DOING THings right, they should be in plenty abundance. I once cleared a tower of zombies using only themselves and my fists.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 24, 2012, 04:49:22 pm »

-snip-
-snip-
I tried collecting all the named skeletons and using them as throwing weapons.
Well, who wouldn't want to kill goblins with their own dead dwarfs. The whole fort is full of them anyway.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Basin is BACK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 24, 2012, 07:09:11 pm »

please PLEASE add me to the list of playing players. this is like the best thing evern and I wan t to be a part of it.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 24, 2012, 07:09:50 pm »

There is no list, just get liquored up and grab the save!  Whoever's drunk is the next player.   :P

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 25, 2012, 05:02:52 am »

Since it has been a slow drunk fortress week I will upload the journal from my unofficial reclaim. Should give us something to read while waiting for the next brave drunkard.

This is not the proper !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! save. It is just a reclaim of our previous fort I did while drunk last weekend.

I tried entering the fort in adventure mode and finally got past the violent ghosts. (This was done in this save, not the original abandoned fort, so some dwarves were redorfed and the fort was one year older.)

This pretty much sums up the daily life of a chief medical dwarf in our forts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0yXqU-w9U0
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:47:21 am by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Archek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 26, 2012, 12:12:18 pm »

Posting to watch. The combo of DF and booze is super-effective!
How was this not a thing years ago?

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 26, 2012, 12:16:04 pm »

Oh god Scruffy. That's really devastating. Poor fellows.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 341