Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138811 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year ??? Part Deux]
« Reply #1020 on: November 26, 2012, 12:20:24 pm »

Oh god Scruffy. That's really devastating. Poor fellows.
Ofcourse the dwarves were already dead  ::) I just collected their unburried remains from the ground and placed them in a coffin I was carrying.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Basin is BACK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 26, 2012, 01:42:27 pm »

Is this still going? Are there spaces left to sign on? This is brilliant and I want to be part of it.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 26, 2012, 01:44:23 pm »

Is this still going? Are there spaces left to sign on? This is brilliant and I want to be part of it.

Get drunk and start playing. There's no turn list.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 26, 2012, 01:55:56 pm »

Get drunk and start playing. There's no turn list.

From what I can tell Kamin needs to update first post for
1- Squio's turn, which met with some goblin death.
2- The newest fortress, founded by Clover (The Vodka Aquifer?)

Looks like this is the most recent save, Autumn of that fort's first year:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7142

Cheers'!

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1024 on: November 26, 2012, 06:11:29 pm »

From what I can tell Kamin needs to update first post for
1- Squio's turn, which met with some goblin death.
2- The newest fortress, founded by Clover (The Vodka Aquifer?)

Looks like this is the most recent save, Autumn of that fort's first year:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7142
Hey all! I just returned from a long trip, and am happy to see how well everything's been going! I'm proud of you, my drunken compatriots. I've updated the main page, and did a lot of formatting--no more eye-raping teal, for one thing! It should look a little better. Thanks for the updates, Ruhn!

I think I'm also going to start giving names to each embark/reclaim chapter for a little flavor. I will probably change this one at the end of its life, and we can contribute ideas and then vote. "Symphonies of Drunken Destruction" will just serve as a placeholder--when this fort inevitably drowns in the alcoholic tears of its inhabitants, we can look back through the histories and name the chapter after events, overseers, etc.

!!INTERESTING IMPORTANT BIT!!
I'm trying to figure out some interesting ways we can spice up how we take our turns, like in a drinking game format. If anybody has ideas, and the next overseer agrees, they will set the rule. I think it is only right (and cool as hell) that each succeeding Overseer can choose to make one rule for their predecessor, which will be followed throughout the current embark until the fort's destruction. I will call it the "Cumulative Decree Rule" (or CDR for short).

Clover Magic, since you embarked last, if there's a rule you want to instate (e.g., take a drink every time you get a migrant wave; every coffin not made out of green glass costs a drink; etc.), throw it out there and we can have a vote on it in the polls! If there are more Yes votes than No votes by the time the fort gets its next Overseer--and I don't personally deem the rule too extreme/dangerous--then we will hold the next Overseer to it.

Edit--Poll Results:
Tied for First: Beer and Vodka, 8 votes each
Second: Whiskey, 6 votes
Third: Wine, 4 votes
Most Disgusting Alcoholic Beverage: Tequila (only drink with 0 votes)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:21:00 pm by Kamin »

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year One: Drunken Symphonies of Destruction]
« Reply #1025 on: November 26, 2012, 06:28:22 pm »

Ooo, rules!  Mwahahaha!

Hmmn...how about this?

Every time a dwarf dies, take a drink.  If more than five die in rapid succession, finish your drink and do not drink for death again until the population has stabilized (so we don't get alcohol poisoning  :P )  So a random hunter dying will be a drink, while you would finish your drink at the start of a tantrum spiral.  Normal drinking patterns are otherwise unaffected.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year One: Drunken Symphonies of Destruction]
« Reply #1026 on: November 26, 2012, 06:34:55 pm »

Ooo, rules!  Mwahahaha!

Hmmn...how about this?

Every time a dwarf dies, take a drink.  If more than five die in rapid succession, finish your drink and do not drink for death again until the population has stabilized (so we don't get alcohol poisoning  :P )  So a random hunter dying will be a drink, while you would finish your drink at the start of a tantrum spiral.  Normal drinking patterns are otherwise unaffected.

I think this is legit! I'll throw it up on the polls!

Edit: Fuck it. I think it's legit and doesn't need to be voted on so much as the CDR itself. If the next overseer TRULY hates a rule should the CDR pass (or if they're getting too drunk), they won't be forced to uphold it. We can adjust our usual bouts of pregaming to reflect the inclusion of rules and the severity thereof. We play this for fun's sake, anyways!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:41:25 pm by Kamin »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year One: Symphonies of Drunken Destruction]
« Reply #1027 on: November 26, 2012, 06:51:08 pm »

Ok, someone continue and develop the new fort so I can visit it in adventure mode. (My previous adventurer only visited our fourth fortress and died after getting punted in an eerie pit)
Perhaps I will visit our current fort after its first crumbling.

Drunk forts are quite "interesting" places to visit. Strange, lovecraftian achitecture, junk and corpses littering the ground, crundles and blind cave trolls wandering around the abandoned corridors..
(well, most of the crundles and trolls were there even before the fort dieing.)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 26, 2012, 06:53:31 pm »

Ok, someone continue and develop the new fort so I can visit it in adventure mode. (My previous adventurer only visited our fourth fortress and died after getting punted in an eerie pit)

Drunk forts are quite "interesting" places to visit. Strange, lovecraftian achitecture, junk and corpses littering the ground, crundles and blind cave trolls wandering around the abandoned corridors..
If I didn't die so much in adventure mode, I'd actually love to try finding these monuments to drunken error. Instead, I will let you do that for me... And you should take many screenshots, like before ;)

I actually DID enjoy seeing what happened to the last fort you were at!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 26, 2012, 07:00:50 pm »

If I didn't die so much in adventure mode, I'd actually love to try finding these monuments to drunken error. Instead, I will let you do that for me... And you should take many screenshots, like before ;)

I actually DID enjoy seeing what happened to the last fort you were at!
That fort was actually pretty annoying to visit since it was so far away from all human settlements you could spawn at and I had to constantly stop fast traveling since the world is full of rivers. I think that I have a save with the adventurer being close to the fort if you are interested.

Edit: On an unrelated note, the whole darn cavern is full of crundles. My adventurer can't even lay down without squishing a herd of crundles  ::)
It feels like the whole cavern is just populated by crundles with the occasional cave troll.
I reloaded an old save with the adventurer in the bunker and got flushed down to the caverns when trying to swim back to the surface. (As a positive side all the water is going somewhere and I found some of my lost followers sitting in the caverns. Seems like I wasn't the only one who got flushed down by the water flow)

The old fort is like a gargantuan dwarven toilet flushing down all the crap into a large pit of crundles  ???
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:58:26 pm by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 26, 2012, 07:04:26 pm »

That fort was actually pretty annoying to visit since it was so far away from all human settlements you could spawn at and I had to constantly stop fast traveling since the world is full of rivers. I think that I have a save with the adventurer being close to the fort if you are interested.
I won't be playing any adventure mode in the near future, but you're more than welcome to post the save for everybody else!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 07:06:18 pm by Kamin »

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 26, 2012, 11:02:46 pm »

New member to the fortress and new to the game, and I had to say this is amazing.  Posting to keep track, although I'm not of age yet so no turns.  But dwarfing would be appreciated whenever the mood strikes.  Omega, profession Naut, either somedwarf that works on the surface or a miner, basically any dwarf that is adventurous.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 27, 2012, 12:51:50 pm »

Sorry for constantly spamming this thread, but could we use DFhack to make our forts lairs so reclaims  won't be so cluttered?  Makes it a bit less confusing and stops the darn dwarves from having to spend 2 years hauling crundle biscuits, glumprong earrings and  X*Trollfur socks*X from the front lawn.

Et tu, Urist

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 27, 2012, 05:15:16 pm »

I have no issue with that, personally.
That'd probably help the reclaim-FPS a lot too.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Basin is BACK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 27, 2012, 06:56:58 pm »

Great! This would be so great if I weren't busy until at least next week...
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 341