Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138895 times)

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Two: Symphonies of Drunken Destruction]
« Reply #1050 on: December 05, 2012, 07:48:14 pm »

Pimp operators are a GODD, RESPECTABLE and PROUD! drunk fortress tradition!
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 05, 2012, 07:53:49 pm »

Save and pics in a moment.

The rule for the next drunken overseer:
1. When a dwarf/dwarves die you take a shot (one occasion that causes multiple deaths counts as one)
2. When a caravan leaves alive take a shot (In fact, might as well take a drink and a pat on the back if they don't leave at all (alive that is ;) ) So, don't let them leave alive without stealing their goods and lives)

Edit: There seems to be a spore ttree in the mamge chambers that doesnä't seem to care at all about all the 4/7 magma around it. Tough little fella
Crap, I was supposed to safe one of those bottles for christmas.

This should be the save. If it is not send me a tell or something. Might have made a mistake.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7199
Oh, and it seem that one the bottom levels of the pump stack have been destroyed (a lvl117 gear or axel destroyed by overflowing magma.) Just replace the missing mechanisms so and you can pump magma to the surface. Seems like a few destroyed axles. Plrease replace them. I spent the whole turn working and I don't want it all destroyed by a few missing axles.
By the way, the glass from which I am drinking is something I accidently took home from a bar a few weeks ago. COme on, who here HASN'T accidentatly taken a glass home from a bar?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:30:09 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 05, 2012, 08:10:45 pm »

Oh man, that was epic. Thank you for the laughs scruffy! Today was Bleh at best and I needed 'em :D

If there isn't a Bobnova dorfed, I think I'm up to 7.Bobnova if the next overseer doesn't mind :D
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 05, 2012, 08:28:24 pm »

this thread... is beautiful!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 05, 2012, 08:42:24 pm »

I wonder if I completed my artifact or went insane, lol.

Great turn!  It only took us...what?  Four forts to make a functioning pump stack that didn't flood the fort with magma?

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 05, 2012, 08:46:31 pm »

I wonder if I completed my artifact or went insane, lol.
You completed a crappy ring or something. by the way, sorry for destroying your floor plan for the the stack. Had to place it near the stairway because of the aquifer.

Great turn!  It only took us...what?  Four forts to make a functioning pump stack that didn't flood the fort with magma?
It still might...
Well, atleast it has pumped magma to the surface. (Darn, so many gear assemblys because of something being in the way of the stack and having to move it a few blocks. It would have saved me so much trouble if hte central stairway was just a few blocks to the east)  ;)
Edit: Seems like I had to move the pumps 4times to get it in the right positions (aquifers and all that) So much trouble while drunk  ;D
Thank god for the sand layer and glass production.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:51:13 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 05, 2012, 10:23:28 pm »

Loaded it up to look around, after about 30s of letting it run to watch the pimp stack...

Not promising!
Please dorf me as 7.Bobnova, whoever is next :D
how do I lizard Werewolf

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 06, 2012, 05:45:19 am »

I checked the save again a moment ago. I can't believe that the stack is actually working without any major leaks. The broken bottom stacks can be fixed by adding a single gear assembly to replace a destroyed one  (there seem to be a few extra ones too. Don't know what they were for) The problem is that the magma sea can't fill the channel with magma fast enough  ??? Darn it,  should have build a wider, more dwarven channel.

Also, it seems like our symbol is a rat. A darn rat! A weretortoise for the civ and a rat for our goverment!
Oh, and be careful with the wooden door near the river. All we need is one foolish little kobold thief with a lockpick and the ENTIRE fortress will flood.

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1058 on: December 06, 2012, 01:50:21 pm »

2. When a caravan leaves alive take a shot (In fact, might as well take a drink and a pat on the back if they don't leave at all (alive that is ;) ) So, don't let them leave alive without stealing their goods and lives)
As the first one is still in place (which you seemed to know), the second one is kill a whole caravan off or take a drink? And if so, did you want to specify a caravan type, or does this apply to all caravans?

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 06, 2012, 02:37:10 pm »

As the first one is still in place (which you seemed to know), the second one is kill a whole caravan off or take a drink? And if so, did you want to specify a caravan type, or does this apply to all caravans?
Either kill the elves/humans or steal everything they bring. Steal from the dwarves by deconning the depot.
Basically, don't let any traders leave with their tradegoods. Killing is preferred.

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 06, 2012, 02:59:52 pm »

When a caravan arrives at the depot, you must either steal all of their goods or simply kill the traders. In the case of Elven/Human caravans, killing is preferred. If any caravan leaves with its goods, take a drink.
Got it! On the OP.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 07, 2012, 02:15:10 am »

This thing is awesome.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 08, 2012, 12:46:59 pm »

I'ma take another crack at taking another crack at this tonight.
I can't think of any meaningful objection from spouse or logic, other than starting to drink at 8-9pm makes for a dubious next day :D
Further updates as events warrant.
how do I lizard Werewolf

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 08, 2012, 05:51:30 pm »

I'ma take another crack at taking another crack at this tonight.
I can't think of any meaningful objection from spouse or logic, other than starting to drink at 8-9pm makes for a dubious next day :D
Further updates as events warrant.
Did you start?
If so, please keep going! ;) We need more drunken idiots to keep the chaos going on.
Oh, and fix the one missing assembly. The magma must flow! What would drunken fortress be without magma?

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 08, 2012, 07:35:06 pm »

What would drunken fortress be without magma?
Safe.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 341