Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138624 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Three: Symphonies of Drunken Destruction]
« Reply #1095 on: December 11, 2012, 05:12:53 pm »

I'm pretty sure reading this got me drunk.
THIS.
Should it be in the OP?
I put it there last night--leagues ahead of you, Xan.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 11, 2012, 05:29:02 pm »

hey, i just thought of something!

you play Spearbreakers. while drunk.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 13, 2012, 01:47:28 pm »

A couple good turns!!
I like the new chapter names in OP too  8)

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: December 13, 2012, 01:47:31 pm »

I shall be taking a turn at this as soon as I can. Although maybe none of thee fine gentile-menn know me not, on a couple other forums I'm known for being something of a heavy, repetitive drinker.

Tomorrow, after at least one glass of absinthe, a gin tonique or two, and most likely a couple beers, I shall attempt to sit at my desk and play. I'd play right this moment, but I still capitalize the proper letters, thusly am not drunk enough.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: December 13, 2012, 02:01:37 pm »

I shall be taking a turn at this as soon as I can. Although maybe none of thee fine gentile-menn know me not, on a couple other forums I'm known for being something of a heavy, repetitive drinker.

Tomorrow, after at least one glass of absinthe, a gin tonique or two, and most likely a couple beers, I shall attempt to sit at my desk and play. I'd play right this moment, but I still capitalize the proper letters, thusly am not drunk enough.

Glorious! Sounds like a plan. Absinth Fortress sounds like a perfect idea.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: December 13, 2012, 02:23:26 pm »

Marvelous. Sounds like a plan, my dear chap.
Now then, enough chit-chat, more drinking! There are bottles to be emptied!

Oh, just one more thing:
The magmastack won't function properly unless you build a gear assembly near the pump in z-117. (in the small hole in the wall between the pump and the other assembly)
Fix it if you so choose and you can stop the manual pumping. (or not, but that would mean less elf-incinerating molten goodness. The (molten) stone must flow!)
Sorry for constantly repeating this. I just like the idea of playing around with magma while drunk and perhaps paving the river with obsidian ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:25:20 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: December 13, 2012, 04:42:47 pm »

This hasn't really anything to do with Drunk Fortress, but I'll let you know, that I'm drinking vodka and washing down with 14 % vine. It's terrible. Also, aren't anyone picking this up?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 13, 2012, 05:39:23 pm »

There's someone planning tomorrow. You could go NOW! :D
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 13, 2012, 07:16:11 pm »

Fuck this, I'm going again.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 13, 2012, 07:31:59 pm »

Fuck this, I'm going again.
Yesh! Go for it! There can never be too many drunkards
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 13, 2012, 07:33:13 pm »

I'm renaming everyone pimp 0peratoer this very instant,

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 13, 2012, 07:53:42 pm »

Woot, new turn!  -settles in-

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 13, 2012, 08:03:33 pm »

I'm renaming everyone pimp 0peratoer this very instant,
Ten bearded Pimp operators went out to mine;
One collapsed the tunnel and then there were nine.

Nine bearded Pimp operators working the stack;
One slipped in the magma and then there were eight.

Eight bearded Pimp operators constructing in the mines;
One starved behind a wall and then there were seven.

Seven bearded Pimp operators chopping down trees;
One chopped himself in halves and then there were six.

Six bearded Pimp operators playing with a 'bold;
The 'bold stabbed one and then there were five.

Five bearded Pimp operators going in for law;
One met the hammerer and then there were four.

Four bearded Pimp operators going out to fish;
A carp swallowed one and then there were three.

Three bearded Pump operators mining into the HFS;
A burning clown hugged one and then there were two.

Two bearded Pump operators sitting in the sun;
One started vomitting and then there was one.

One bearded Pimp operator left all alone;
He went stark raving mad and then there were none.

Et tu, Urist

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 13, 2012, 08:17:04 pm »

I'm stopping now - the fortress makes absolutely no sense and is very poorly designed. I don't play the game, I watch it as it goes. Here'sd the log:

Can't dwarf anyone. Too drunk. Oh my god, the magma§ It's terribke!! Trying tyo get look at the thing. There's dwarves running on the ice. Tnere's a brigde over the froxen river. That's a really good idea.  not that I', imddeerstad- Understanding it in anhy way, but it's still areally god idea.

Apparantly, I'm both haunting the place, and a macedwarf. That's pretty bad- I'll carve out some remembrance stones or whate ever. You know, the stons people use to get ghots ts in the ground,

O think something went wrong with the magma. It's obsidian, and a bit of magma on the floor. It's not verhy nice, Why the hells is it midwibnter?

Drinking a vodka shit. Also, the engieneer has been missing for a week. It's realllt stupid that he's missing, cause eceryne kniows he's dead. Vodka is reallty bad for youm, btw.

Shit, we got a vampire. I canøt jandæe a fucking va,åo9re. Vampire. I can't handke afucking vampire i tell you! I can barely handle being derunk! Shiot, I can't handle that even! I dread the rules of caravans and shit.

Shit, I don't even take screenshits. I shoukld be doing this,. Himme a second.

Looking at the militaery screen. Makes no sense. A strone crafter died of thirst. Too nad. Ypu should have been a watercratter or something!

Everupnme is becdoming a goddamn pimp opetarot.r Is prettu hard top dealæ wtj. Why is everone workijg a fucking pump? There's shads in the ocean, though§ We've run out of rinks. That's rpetttu nad- I'lll trye to do something to fix this. I don't think it will succeed, honestly.æ I should have another shot.a

Trying to construck at nother chair and stuff.

When did thbe hell we hve adamantium! Goddamn, I understand nothing, of what's gpokg om!

Made brwing a repeatyed activity. No one is making the alcholhold we need! It's a pain in the ass! I think all the miners are occupied with the pums. It's prettu sad.l ): ' Regardless, we don have some magma on the sruface, I should do something wiht i,t I guess.lTje miners are too busy, and everyone is giving birth, it's pretty usels..   

Okay, everyone is handling the fucking pimpsw, it's almost imåossible to get anyone to do antyb´hing useffykk! Hah! I managed to get some drinks brweedewsd! And stuff!

Goddamnit. This is, againt, míre a case of me looking at tghe fortress veing drynj, and no9t sot much platuing the game,   Another dwarf died. Too bad. Can't really work myself up to an adgryn okace,

Okay, every single dwrf in the fortress is vec0ming a pimp operator. Why is tgat?§ Oyr miners might have died. Not ,u faæuld§ Sp,epje eæse- I'll try that again. Not my fault! It was someone else who designated something to be channeled§ Wait... That mighe have been me. ITY WAS SOMEONE EKLSE!

Yeah. The miners died. Noone expectyerd that! Blue Magic gave borth to somethimg! Probably a spoon or something - tjis is dwarf fortress after all§!   Bobnova is taken by a fey mood! I canøt handlæehis needs - he'll die, I'm åpretty syre,

tHIS FORTRESS  is chaos. I understand nothinmg of it, and I doubnt I would understand anhyy5hint if I weresober, Frankly, I'm just waioting for the seasons to pass. I shoukld stip.

The screenshots coming tomorrow,

Savew: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7221

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 13, 2012, 08:44:46 pm »

Woah, what the heck happened during your turn?

The seventh (haven't there been far more than 7?) Bonova is failing his mood,
Australian is haunting a magma pump, Jervill is a howling spirit floating around the corridoes, screaming and Scruffy has risen to murder the living.
Even the whole first layer of the magmatube has been drained dry and we are out of booze

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 341