Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138675 times)

LittleJP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Three: Symphonies of Drunken Destruction]
« Reply #1110 on: December 13, 2012, 11:42:40 pm »

This may be the first time ever in a succesion fort, and I still haven't figured out machinery yet.
I want in on this.
In case it wasn't obvious, I do know that dividing by zero is a mathematical impossibility. I do not know, however, how this dwarven calculator would react if anyone attempted the impossible. Please, someone try! xD
If you look back in the thread, some people did try, and they got 8008135, which is significant only in that the digits resemble the letter in "BOOBIES".
And so dwarf fortress solves yet another of lifes great mysteries.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 13, 2012, 11:43:36 pm »

Nooooo my mood must complete! I hope I go berserk and go out in glory at least!

I had to manually man the pumps to get the lava into the storage reservoir to nuke the caravan, those pumps could be de-manned at this point without issue.

Awesome turn though, I laughed through most of it. My favorite two quotes are:

Drinking a vodka shit.

and:
Shit, we got a vampire. I canøt jandæe a fucking va,åo9re. Vampire. I can't handke afucking vampire i tell you! I can barely handle being derunk! Shiot, I can't handle that even! I dread the rules of caravans and shit.
The bolded part, especially.

But then I saw this...
Shit, I don't even take screenshits. I shoukld be doing this,. Himme a second.

Actually I could totally just quote that entire post paragraph by paragraph, that was wonderful.

I'm looking forward to the next turn :D

how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 14, 2012, 03:07:14 am »

This may be the first time ever in a succesion fort, and I still haven't figured out machinery yet.
I want in on this.

Start drinking.

Oh mty god, my head hurts. I am completely destroyed.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1113 on: December 14, 2012, 04:23:20 am »

I love you rotten bastards. I really do. I ALWAYS look forward to what you guys do over your turns; it's one of the only things that keeps me rooted as firmly as I am to B12 these days :D

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: December 14, 2012, 07:00:00 am »

I love you rotten bastards. I really do. I ALWAYS look forward to what you guys do over your turns; it's one of the only things that keeps me rooted as firmly as I am to B12 these days :D
You need to take a turn. The collective drunk fortress hivemind demands it!
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Four: Symphonies of Drunken Destruction]
« Reply #1115 on: December 14, 2012, 08:04:34 am »

If I'm still a wake and at home, I will be participating. That could very well not be the case. I don't know these days. If it's not the case, I'll try tomorrow.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 14, 2012, 10:41:34 am »

I want in on this.
If I'm still a wake and at home, I will be participating. That could very well not be the case. I don't know these days. If it's not the case, I'll try tomorrow.
I will wait until you two have had your turns and then play one myself (again).
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

LittleJP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 14, 2012, 05:29:34 pm »

My laptop will most likely implode, and I have nothing but eggnog. I'll go dig up whatever cheap booze is lying around the house, and maybe make a few liquor runs.
Say, Monday night EST? Ill have a free night then.
In case it wasn't obvious, I do know that dividing by zero is a mathematical impossibility. I do not know, however, how this dwarven calculator would react if anyone attempted the impossible. Please, someone try! xD
If you look back in the thread, some people did try, and they got 8008135, which is significant only in that the digits resemble the letter in "BOOBIES".
And so dwarf fortress solves yet another of lifes great mysteries.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: December 14, 2012, 05:46:35 pm »

I will take Sunday evening gmt. I hope that nonsequitorian will be able to play his turn before that since it has only been a short while since my last turn and it would be better to have a few turns between it and my next one.

Et tu, Urist

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 14, 2012, 06:20:46 pm »

so I've had: one glass of single malt whiskey at work at one about 3pm, one glass of absinthe at around 6 pm with dinner, one kölsch at 7pm, one hefe-weißbier at 8pm. at 9pm I had another glass of absinthe and another beer, this time something local or someshit, I was at party and not paying attention. at ~ (very roughly) 10 pm I had a glass of jägermeister & some energy drink or some shit. again, at a party and not paying attention.

I missed the train back home about an hour ago and left the party. That tells you guys that I either really care for this, or go to enough amazing parties full of beautiful german girls, that I don't really care anymore. Of course, that all didn't matter when I lived in america either. Party only happens when I'm around.

But anyway, I've had a couple drinks, and I'm a bit drunk. Not enough to walk in a sinewave, but enough that I wouldn't want to drive.

Edit Deux: Damn it takes a while to load. Haven't evens tarted yet.

Edit Drei: Damn it. It failed downloading. Seems as if my internet had too much to drink also. Also 7zip. It goes to 115%. The fuck, 7zip. You've had too much to drink. Go home.

редактировать четыре: looks like I wont be able to play tonight. the gods of luck are pointing at me and laughing. too bad. maybe another night. not tomorrow, I have things to do I realilze. Mostly things that don't need to be mentioned, because they've to do with cafes and a girl going to my house for caffee, or whatever. nothign much, but too much for even dwarf fortress to get in the way of.

well too bad. another night, when I don't have twins coming over and the game decides to download.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:20:49 pm by Nonsequitorian »

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: December 14, 2012, 07:39:29 pm »

looks like I wont be able to play tonight. the gods of luck are pointing at me and laughing. too bad.
Damn! I was really looking forward to it! Is the download corrupted?

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 14, 2012, 07:46:08 pm »

Don't know. could be my internet. not sure. it takes a whole hour to download, then it says five minutes from the end that if fails. when I try to put the save in my folder it goes, but then it goes til 115% percent, and then the program wont close. annoying.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: December 14, 2012, 07:50:05 pm »

Don't know. could be my internet. not sure. it takes a whole hour to download, then it says five minutes from the end that if fails. when I try to put the save in my folder it goes, but then it goes til 115% percent, and then the program wont close. annoying.
Hrm... I THINK Scruffy or somebody DLed it after A.Winter's turn, so maybe it is a connectivity problem? There's no reason it should take that long to DL, almost even on a 56k.

Alright, that's an exaggeration. But still. Sorry it didn't work, man! I really would have loved to see what the new blood would bring us as Overseer.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 14, 2012, 09:33:56 pm »

I downloaded and loaded up AWinter's, it works. I've re-zipped it and uploaded it to my own hosting as a zip file.
http://www.epic-hw.com/pics/DDF/DrunkFortress.zip

Should be able to be downloaded mighty quick. It caps out my 2MB/s pipe. Zip should be able to be opened by windows and linux shells without 7z/etc.

Now you can take your turn!
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: December 15, 2012, 04:25:12 am »

Now I'm not drunk. Maybe tonight, but probably not. It was 2 am when I wanted to take the turn, so I gave up pretty easy when I saw the "56 minutes" and then the "115% extracted."

Internet that I have right now isn't the best.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 341